More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (200)

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
We used to chat in singles
Yeah, what often happens to singles that get married is they leave CF because the only place that they chat is now unavailable to them. I just wish blessings were sought after as we used to have all sorts of people stop by the blessings exchange to "earn" blessings to spruce up their corner of the world. This place lacks the entertainment it once had it has gone from fun to almost miserable drama with most of the posting going on in political "bait" threads arguing topics with people who deny logic exists in this world.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I'm watching an old western from 1955 on Tubi. I love these old color westerns where people had more acting and dialog and stories than flash and dance. There was a time when most of the movies on TV were westerns or war movies and a lot of the good ones were black and white including half of the TV reruns. I have a small collection of western movies I've collected over the last 15 years.

Reactions: Strider1002
Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would love to put baby down and relax for a bit before bed (I wore her in a carrier all day at work), but she is cranky and husband won’t hold her for me because he’s tired.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Yep, those were good times :blush:
There used to be threads in the forum where people were "paid" in blessings to chat and secret post numbers got blessings and stuff and these threads would have people posting in them sometimes 24/7. The higher paying threads would have a lot more people in them. I recall one thread where the blessings were insane at the time I think it was something like 100/post and that thread went to 1000 posts in less than 30 minutes if I recall correctly. That is about 35 posts in it a minute People were posting short posts and you couldn't really read any posts directed to you 2 minutes ago as they were 4-5 pages back or more. The forum had probably 20 times the people in the fun/games/entertainment side with the discussion/debate side almost dead back then.
Facebook and a change in owners twice in a few years all but destroyed the forum as people left in droves then the fun features were broken in the name of security

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I am open to chat but find that very few threads move much in the forum other than those threads that involve controversy and often use "baiting" to get activity which ends up not being very pleasant and civil. I prefer light banter myself. Serious topics are ok but most folks come here to escape the stress of their world, not to add to it.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Interesting... Amazon bought out Roomba. I would personally no buy any voice activated stuff that connects to internet tethered smart devices by default as the temptation to use personal information from the for profit is too much of a security issue. Imagine a sweeper robot that overhears you talking about something very personal and is listened to by Amazon employees and one is some nut that thinks you are politically "harming" someone and reports you to the police who can track down the exact location of the sweeper through your smart devices because you allowed the app on your phone location permission not knowing it doesn't need to know where you are to operate it just needs to know the house layout. If they use GPS in these devices and have a radio transmitter in them that can send data abroad they are a security risk IMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Interesting! I didn't know about people getting "paid" in blessings. I just know it was pretty awesome back then, with so many people around.
Back then you could use blessings. You had on the left like my peace GIF a place for a character/dolly that you could dress up with clothes, add tools and pets and all sorts of stuff you could buy for blessings and on the right you could have your personal picture (I put my GIF on the right back then). You had a personal home page and could buy things to customize it. You could customize your text size, color, and font type so it is easier to see people replying to you in busy threads. You could buy a tagline. You started out with 0 blessings and each post earns 1 blessing. People would play hours to get stuff. The armory (character stuff) sold everything for the dollies and some items like a lion would cost a lot like 1000 blessings and they would come out with rare items that were limited in amount some only available once costings 10,000 blessings or more. The posts were very very colorful and entertaining and people would change their character "look" quite often even have contests on their dressing them up with prizes. There was an arcade with games that cost blessings to play where you could win more blessings.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Not sure how to do this but I uploaded a picture of my post "look" long ago in here.

Attachments

• spacedstars.jpg
    spacedstars.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I must be back to work….

the week has started out with a lot of catch up but very little headache. Tonight I have someone quitting with no notice and a call out. Oi vey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.