More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (200)

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sound like you need to make more money and hire a landscaper to help out for awhile get your yard up in shape so you just have to maintain it instead of "curing" it of its ills.
The issue is getting a landscaper we can afford to come all the way out here. We live in a tiny town where the biggest business is the gas station and we have to drive 20 minutes for groceries

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The issue is getting a landscaper we can afford to come all the way out here. We live in a tiny town where the biggest business is the gas station and we have to drive 20 minutes for groceries
Give me the big city life I can buy groceries from 4 places within half a mile and another half dozen within 2 miles here plus have a gas station that I can walk to to get gas for my lawn mower.
Maybe you can find some kid that can do some work for you nearby.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
A close friend of the family passed away yesterday. I’m not really sure how to fee.
Your feelings will likely be confused if you have not had to deal with close friends/family members passing away. I've gone through family members not close passing away to my parents both passing away in less than a 5 year stretch to having people near me I wasn't too close to committing suicide. I think in time you will focus on the memorable events you had with that person and it will cause you to start with the grieving process. A funeral can be a hard start to the process if you were close I would suggest going to it sometimes that event can help with memorable event focus and also you can help others grieve also as sometimes sharing helps everyone involved.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your feelings will likely be confused if you have not had to deal with close friends/family members passing away. I've gone through family members not close passing away to my parents both passing away in less than a 5 year stretch to having people near me I wasn't too close to committing suicide. I think in time you will focus on the memorable events you had with that person and it will cause you to start with the grieving process. A funeral can be a hard start to the process if you were close I would suggest going to it sometimes that event can help with memorable event focus and also you can help others grieve also as sometimes sharing helps everyone involved.
I have had to deal with death every couple months. The confusion in feelings is that I have been through so many traumatic events that I don’t know what to do with this one

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I have had to deal with death every couple months. The confusion in feelings is that I have been through so many traumatic events that I don’t know what to do with this one
Sounds like you are stressed out over this one.... maybe overload of too many bad things happening too close together. Likely you will feel numb for awhile until you can manage the stress better and allow yourself to grieve over this instance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Man sometimes I feel very close to God and other days he seems so far away. How do I stay close to God ?
Be glad you "feel" close to God as I don't "feel" that most of the time. In the Bible we see over and over again people don't feel God but the Bible says he hears us regardless and is always there.
The question is which takes more faith..... feeling God and believing or not feeling God and believing.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I see your point I should keep believing then.
Thank you
absolutely keep believing. I also recall that God sort of "hides" from us at times too. I've seen countless people online that can "feel" God very strongly so much I believe that they get "addicted" to the feelings and go through withdrawal symptoms just like a drug when he withdraws himself. They tend to go on and on thinking they did something very wrong and want everyone to feel sorry for them but in reality many of us don't get the "high" tha they have a lot of the time and have to cope with when it would actually help to feel something, we rarely do.
I've struggled a lot lately and am still struggling because things aren't going that great and as much as I want to trust God I feel that for the most part I deserve what is happening for bad decisions I made in my life.

Upvote 0