More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (200)

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Do you have weekend plans?
Not really. Just a little gardening and a little shopping. It is a nippy 66 outside right now, nippy in that it has been a
very hot extended summer with 90s still in the forecast ahead. I have the doors open and fans pulling air through
the place to save a few dollars on the A/C bill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟694,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is wrong with it?
Well for one thing, the previous owner didn’t maintain it so it is covered in weeds and baby trees. Then We got a gopher and couldn’t catch it in the traps. Now I can’t get husband to mow or water it, or cut down the baby trees as they grow.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Well for one thing, the previous owner didn’t maintain it so it is covered in weeds and baby trees. Then We got a gopher and couldn’t catch it in the traps. Now I can’t get husband to mow or water it, or cut down the baby trees as they grow.
I've been pulling up tree seedlings like mad here as one tree dropped an insane amount of seeds they are still popping up and when it rains after that I usually go out and can pull them out of the ground easily.
There is stuff you can put on your lawn for weeds but you have to do it at certain times of the year I think something like a pre emergent? can be put on the lawn in the off season while the grass is hibernating and there is stuff that can kill the grubs or whatever that the gophers dig through your yard to eat them. If the baby trees are
pretty big they may need to be dug up as if you have trees nearby you can't put stuff on them to kill them that can be uptaken in roots of the bigger trees and kill them.
My problem is that we aren't getting enough rain and the trees need to be trimmed here so the lawn can get more sunlight. I'm having less sunlight on my garden almost not enough for the plants now as the sun is sagging south more and more instead of directly overhead.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟694,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We don’t get much rain either so we have to water with the irrigation. I am very allergic to everything in the yard. I asked him to take care of the yard so I don’t get hives every day and because I can’t handle the pruning and moving the hose due to my back, but he won’t do it so it’s all up to me anyway

Upvote 0