More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (196)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I rarely go to the movies

I do to but there were at least 2 movies that I wanted to see in the theaters this year. JW and in December,Star Wars-The Force Awakens.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I do to but there were at least 2 movies that I wanted to see in the theaters this year. JW and in December,Star Wars-The Force Awakens.
If I have someone to go with me I would go, otherwise I buy the dvd used for cheap and watch it at my leisure.

Upvote 0

Sadiegrl

Merging my Theology with Reality!!!
May 1, 2008
California
✟22,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Sophrosyne and all,

Sorry to barge in, I just figured the best way is to jump in anyways. I have been needing fellowship for quite some time now and due to circumstances I'm not able to go to church. So Internet friendships is the way for me at this time and I need more Christian friends to sharpen and encourage! Its about time I did something about it instead of feeling sorry for myself, so HI! Be my friend? :bigeye:...btw, CF sure has changed since I was last around!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian

Sorry to barge in, I just figured the best way is to jump in anyways. I have been needing fellowship for quite some time now and due to circumstances I'm not able to go to church. So Internet friendships is the way for me at this time and I need more Christian friends to sharpen and encourage! Its about time I did something about it instead of feeling sorry for myself, so HI! Be my friend? :bigeye:...btw, CF sure has changed since I was last around!
welcome to the nuttiest thread in the forum, the more the merrier

Upvote 0

Sadiegrl

May 1, 2008
California
✟22,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks girls :) yea I had a hard time finding this thread again...getting used to the new settings and set my viewing style to the old one as it feels more like CF to me. Everything changes I guess. Could use some more positive changes in my life!

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Welcome to the crazy house :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks girls :) yea I had a hard time finding this thread again...getting used to the new settings and set my viewing style to the old one as it feels more like CF to me. Everything changes I guess. Could use some more positive changes in my life!
the only girls here right now are you and nana :p

Reactions: James Is Back
Upvote 0

Sadiegrl

May 1, 2008
California
✟22,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the only girls here right now are you and nana :p

LOL! Oh...sorry! What does the name Sophrosyne refer to...your own name or someone biblical or philosophical...to be honest I thought it was a pretty name...xD

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
LOL! Oh...sorry! What does the name Sophrosyne refer to...your own name or someone biblical or philosophical...to be honest I thought it was a pretty name...xD
is is a philosophy basically means moderation in all things.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2005
somewhere over the rainbow
✟372,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Sophrosyne is an ancient Greek concept of an ideal of excellence of character and soundness of mind, which when combined in one well-balanced individual leads to other qualities, such as temperance, moderation, prudence, and self-control

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Sophrosyne is an ancient Greek concept of an ideal of excellence of character and soundness of mind, which when combined in one well-balanced individual leads to other qualities, such as temperance, moderation, prudence, and self-control
yup.... you said it. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sadiegrl

May 1, 2008
California
✟22,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh very cool! I looked it up online and found something interesting...relates back to Greek mythology which at one time I really enjoyed studying...says SOPHROSYNE was the goddess or spirit (daimona) of moderation, self-control, temperance, restraint, and discretion. She was one of the good spirits who escaped Pandora's box when the woman first lifted the lid and fled back to Olympos, abandoning mankind. Cool story. :)

I enjoyed Greek mythology as a kid, now I'm mostly engrossed in Bible studies... I spend a lot of my time this way. I appreciate congenial spiritual relationships and unfortunately only have a small handful and we rarely see each other in person. To which is why I returned to CF...gotta be some like minded Christ lovers meandering around!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.