Moral Dilemma

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ought I change my religious affiliation to "Christian" so I can partake in a theological discussion I find interesting in the Christians Only section of the board?

Hmmmm!

...yeah, go for it!!! :D But, first, I have a hoop for you to jump through.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Ought I change my religious affiliation to "Christian" so I can partake in a theological discussion I find interesting in the Christians Only section of the board?

Hmmmm!
As a person who does consider themselves a Christian, but is CF denies that, I honestly wonder the same thing. I AM a Christian, but CF denies-- all while claiming that it's forbidden for someone else to say whether or not another person is saved.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a person who does consider themselves a Christian, but is CF denies that, I honestly wonder the same thing. I AM a Christian, but CF denies-- all while claiming that it's forbidden for someone else to say whether or not another person is saved.

This may sound like a strange question, but are you married? :sorry:

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jane - yep - one of those funny contradictions huh? lol

I think it would be mighty fine for you to desist from being a deist. :rolleyes: Take my hand Luke, and together....!!

• Haha
Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well pffth. On the old site you could change your faith in your account preferences. Apparently here on the new one you have to involve the admins through a request to make such a change.

As much as I'd like to argue how God's perfect and absolute omniscience fits in with the concept of free will, I'm not going to involve admins in my shenanigans. lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
...no, it's just to make sure you qualify to post here. :rolleyes:
Lol. Sorry- I was being unnecessarily defensive. I had minor surgery yesterday and was letting the pain get the better of me. My apologies, I was out of line.

I keep all my online forums profiles with minimal information due to security/privacy concerns. Hence the pretty bare profile here.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol. Sorry- I was being unnecessarily defensive. I had minor surgery yesterday and was letting the pain get the better of me. My apologies, I was out of line.

I keep all my online forums profiles with minimal information due to security/privacy concerns. Hence the pretty bare profile here.

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that surgery stuff. :crossrc: And I understand the privacy concerns, so I won't hold that against you, Jane. ;)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well pffth. On the old site you could change your faith in your account preferences. Apparently here on the new one you have to involve the admins through a request to make such a change.

As much as I'd like to argue how God's perfect and absolute omniscience fits in with the concept of free will, I'm not going to involve admins in my shenanigans. lol

How about arguing for Jesus as the Risen Son of God. Surely, THAT'S worth bringing in the admins, rrrrriiiiiiiiiight? :rolleyes: Besides, don't you want to rule the galaxy with me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe that with every fiber of my being, and am still labeled as "nonChristian" by CF.

Well.......................................some of your beliefs are kind of.......different. But as long as you'll hear me out on how I perceive my faith, I'll do my best to hear you out on how you perceive your faith. Deal? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Well.......................................some of your beliefs are kind of.......different. But as long as you'll hear me out on how I perceive my faith, I'll do my best to hear you out on how you perceive your faith. Deal? :rolleyes:
Sure, I'm all for chatting respectfully. Would you mind if I ask what particular sub-group of Christian you are a part of?

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, I'm all for chatting respectfully. Would you mind if I ask what particular sub-group of Christian you are a part of?

Yes, I'm in the Christian Church.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Yes, I'm in the Christian Church.
But which particular variety? There are are great variety of beliefs within the Christian umbrella.

For example--
Which books do you believe in the Bible?
Do you believe in sola scriptura?
What do you believe is required for salvation?
How does a person determine what is True?
Are you Armanian or Calvinist or other?

Upvote 0