Montgomery County police: No word from Christine Blasey Ford about Kavanaugh investigation

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Montgomery County police: No word from Christine Blasey Ford about Kavanaugh investigation

By Jeff Mordock - The Washington Times - Monday, September 24, 2018

Christine Blasey Ford and Democrats have asked Congress, the FBI and Maryland State Police to investigate her allegation that Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh attempted to sexually assault her at a high school party in the 1980s — but she has not asked for an investigation by the one police force with the most direct responsibility.

Some 10 days after Ms. Blasey Ford went public, police in Montgomery County, Maryland, where she says the incident took place, have yet to hear from her.

“At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh,” the police said in a statement.

Ms. Blasey Ford’s allegations, which have not been publicly substantiated by any witnesses, have put the confirmation process for Judge Kavanaugh on hold. Both accuser and accused are slated to testify to Congress on Thursday.

Ms. Blasey Ford and Senate Democrats have said they want the FBI to investigate her allegations before a hearing takes place, saying the federal agency is in the best position to get to the truth of the matter.

But the Justice Department has shot down that suggestion, saying attempted sexual assault is not a federal crime and there are no national security implications.
The department also points to a 2010 memorandum of understanding between then-Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and former White House Counsel Bob Bauer laying out a specific role for the FBI in background investigations, gathering information for the use of politicians and other decision makers.

Maryland Democrats have demanded Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, order state police to investigate. State Sen. Cheryl Kagan, who represents part of Montgomery County, said the governor “must step up where members of your party on Capitol Hill fell down, and direct the Maryland State Police to initiate an investigation.”

The governor told reporters last week he wouldn’t order a probe, and state police spokesman Ron Snyder said the department would kick any request for an investigation to the county police under a memorandum of understanding that requires sexual assault claims in Maryland to be probed by the local authorities.

Mr. Snyder also confirmed that no complaint has been filed with the Maryland State Police.

Remainder of the article here: Montgomery County Police Department says it hasn’t heard from Christine Blasey Ford about probe

My note: Will Ms Ford file a complaint with the local police dept anytime soon as both the Justice Dept and Maryland Governor have noted?

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She might file a complaint but its unlikely she will or that anything will come of it. I'm looking forward to the testimony Thursday, which is the same day Rosenstein will be meeting with Trump about his future at DOJ. Should be an interesting news cycle.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Will Ms Ford file a complaint with the local police dept anytime soon as both the Justice Dept and Maryland Governor have noted?
There is every reason to do so/no reason I can think of not to do so, unless the idea is to stall the process for as long as possible (or perhaps her legal team, along with the Dems in Congress, never wanted an investigation to begin with?).

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is every reason to do so/no reason I can think of not to do so, unless the idea is to stall the process for as long as possible
I have wondered at the timing of this - they may be trying to delay the vote until after the elections when they hope to have a DEM majority in the Senate.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is every reason to do so/no reason I can think of not to do so, unless the idea is to stall the process for as long as possible (or perhaps her legal team, along with the Dems in Congress, never wanted an investigation to begin with?).
I mean what would delay more than a local police dept investigating an alleged crime 35 years later? I think the report can't be filed honestly because she cannot give an 'on or about' type date and location. The police kind of needs that to start an investigation.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My note: Will Ms Ford file a complaint with the local police dept anytime soon as both the Justice Dept and Maryland Governor have noted?

No. The objective in forcing an FBI investigation is to have an open-ended investigation, one which will continually delay the vote and appointment process. That can not be achieved via the local police.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have wondered at the timing of this - they may be trying to delay the vote until after the elections when they hope to have a DEM majority in the Senate.
I mean what would delay more than a local police dept investigating an alleged crime 35 years later? I think the report can't be filed honestly because she cannot give an 'on or about' type date and location. The police kind of needs that to start an investigation.
I think that's the point (delay). I get it, it's politics, so it's all about ideology, power and money (mostly the latter two, but be sure to keep that to yourself ;)).

I just wish a legal limit could be agreed upon as to how far is too far, IOW, to the lengths we are allowed to go to against our political/ideological opponents in a civil society, because the devastation/destruction of someone's life is far too high of a price to pay :mad:

Then again, I guess Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Pol-Pot, etc., did manage to up the ante even more, so maybe we should be happy that it hasn't gone quite that far yet?

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The decent and proper way to deal with a salacious uncorroborated allegation like this would have been for Feinstein to take the letter to the Judiciary Committee in closed session as soon as she got it, where they could have had the matter investigated privately. This should have been done two months ago. Then if there was any substance to it it could have been aired publicly. But this was strategically leaked in raw form to the public at the moment it would do the most harm to Kav's reputation and chances at approval, and it's hard to believe this was not intentional and planned. And the second and third allegations have no more corroboration than the first. The Dems have opened Kav up to pot shots by anyone, and the media will dutifully print anything (though to its credit the NYT passed on the third allegation).

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The decent and proper way to deal with a salacious uncorroborated allegation like this would have been for Feinstein to take the letter to the Judiciary Committee in closed session as soon as she got it, where they could have had the matter investigated privately. This should have been done two months ago. Then if there was any substance to it it could have been aired publicly. But this was strategically leaked in raw form to the public at the moment it would do the most harm to Kav's reputation and chances at nomination, and it's hard to believe this was not intentional and planned. And the second and third allegations have no more corroboration than the first. The Dems have opened Kav up to pot shots by anyone, and the media will dutifully print anything (though to its credit the NYT passed on the third allegation).
The NYT passes on the second and I think will on the third which should be coming soon from a Dem operative attorney...the same Stormy Daniels attorney.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But the Justice Department has shot down that suggestion, saying attempted sexual assault is not a federal crime and there are no national security implications.
But it reflects on if a man is suitable to be trusted with Supreme Court duties; I think it is a national security essential that qualified people of the right character work in the Supreme Court. So, in case justice people have avoided dealing with what could be an indication of a man's true character . . . may be those people making such a ruling are a national security issue.

But, of course, I can miss things.

a specific role for the FBI in background investigations, gathering information for the use of politicians and other decision makers.
If I remember right, the F.B.I. is used to do background checks on military people, to help determine if they should be trusted with secure information and secret military functions. So, if this is true, then the F.B.I., I would think, would be the right ones to check out this thing about Judge Kavanaugh.

And if the F.B.I. personnel have been doing this, already, then already they have people experienced and trained and thus well suited to check out Judge Kavanaugh . . . for the sake of the national security of having a judge of the right character in the Supreme Court.

Of course, even if a man did what Judge Kavanaugh is accused of, it is possible that God has changed his character since that time. Or, he has gotten worse > 2 Timothy 3:13. Any good actor can tone one's voice on TV, so we can feel the person is legitimate; so it is needed that we somehow are able to tell the difference . . . so we are not depending on knowing what really did or did not happen decades ago, depending on the say-so of people we don't even know.

If people can't tell how a person really is, without knowing one's past . . . this is a national security problem, now ones can't tell the difference. And right now about half of Americans are against the other half. Is this because ones don't have the character to be able to know who is for real and who isn't? If only one side is right, this could mean that at least half of voting Americans can not tell the difference, and/or they want what is wrong < this is a security problem.

So, the Judge Kavanaugh thing might be just the tip of a deeper problem. Only God is able to change our character so we know how to relate in love and not use anyone for our selfish pleasure stuff, and only God is able to make us honest in our perception of ourselves and others.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
...the same Stormy Daniels attorney.
Yeah, Stormy's lawyer is too high up on the Sleaze-O-Meter for anyone to directly associate with on either side of the political firewall in DC.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh attempted to sexually assault
Kavanaugh said that he believes someone could have assaulted her. It is just a case of mistaken identity because he was not there that night at that party. If she reported it to the police it would be his word against her word. Not much they could do without any real evidence.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I cant wait to see what comes of the hearings Thursday. Its all posturing right now, things will bw clearer by the end of the week.
I hope you are correct Mark, but a 36 yr old high school "he said/she said" is probably going to come down to "he done it" if Brett is not your guy, or "he didn't do it" if he is :(

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Kavanaugh said that he believes someone could have assaulted her. It is just a case of mistaken identity because he was not there that night at that party. If she reported it to the police it would be his word against her word. Not much they could do without any real evidence.
Unfortunately, she may well believe that this happened in the way it did because of a repressed memory recovery that she had done a few years ago, which the ~vast~ majority of research psychologists believe to be invalid (because they often dredge up things that never happened, or that happened in a different way).

The big thing in this case are the named witnesses, such as Mark Judge and Dr. Ford's best friend, who both told us that what Dr. Ford said happened .. didn't. It's interesting that Dr. Ford is believed and given the full benefit of the doubt (particularly by those who do not want the judge confirmed), but her named witnesses to the event are not (rather, they are insisting on a full investigation of these witnesses and want them to testify to the facts under oath).

What a bizarre and sad case this is :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No need. Kavanaugh has already been charged, tried, and convicted in the media. The Senate will collectively put a finger into the air to see what direction the wind has shifted to, and act accordingly.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The NYT passes on the second and I think will on the third which should be coming soon from a Dem operative attorney...the same Stormy Daniels attorney.

Who has been batting 1000 for his clients to this point....

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, she believes this happened in the way it did because of a repressed memory recovery that she had done a few years ago, which the vast majority of research psychologists believe to be invalid (because they often dredge up things that never happened, or that happened in a different way).

The big thing in this case are the named witnesses, such as Mark Judge and Dr. Ford's best friend, who both told us that what Dr. Ford said happened .. didn't. It's interesting that Dr. Ford is believed and given the full benefit of the doubt (particularly by those who do not want the judge confirmed), but her named witnesses to the event are not (rather, they are insisting on a full investigation of these witnesses and want them to testify to the facts under oath).

What a bizarre and sad case this is :(

Yes, how sad it is that an accuser would want their claims to be investigated under oath...! :doh:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I remember right, the F.B.I. is used to do background checks on military people, to help determine if they should be trusted with secure information and secret military functions. So, if this is true, then the F.B.I., I would think, would be the right ones to check out this thing about Judge Kavanaugh.
For the military and all federal employees the DSS with subcontractors actually do the investigations.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, the Judge Kavanaugh thing might be just the tip of a deeper problem. Only God is able to change our character so we know how to relate in love and not use anyone for our selfish pleasure stuff, and only God is able to make us honest in our perception of ourselves and others.
True and God did say:

Deuteronomy 19: NASB
15“A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed. 16“If a malicious witness rises up against a man to accuse him of wrongdoing, 17then both the men who have the dispute shall stand before the LORD, before the priests and the judges who will be in office in those days. 18“The judges shall investigate thoroughly, and if the witness is a false witness and he has accused his brother falsely, 19then you shall do to him just as he had intended to do to his brother.

• Informative
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0