Being a mom is God's gift 2 me
Sep 27, 2007
Texas
✟16,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am so sick and tired of hearing about MONEY.

WHO CARES!

Its like everyone in my entire family. The only time when someone is doing good or when God is blessing them it seem like its about materialistic things. MONEY, CARS, and HOUSES. The more they have, the more they are doing right, or achieved something soooo great or accomplished a successful relationship with God.

My dad ALWAYS talk about making money, or money coming, or God is going to make us RICH! Or I am going to buy this or that with his millions of dollars he is hoping God will give him.

He gets angry with me because he started bragging about how my brother has a Cadillac and he made it seem like he was better off than my other brother who has a Honda. He started talking about how if my brother who has the Honda listened to him he could have a Cadillac. Then say that my brother who has the Cadillac is doing way better than my other brother...UM that doesn't make any sense to me. I told my dad that there is no point of him telling me this and it has nothing to do with my brother's character. I told my dad to stop talking to me about money period. I told him that neither one can take any of those things to heaven and I didn't see the point in talking about something that has no value in heaven.

Don't get me wrong, I know we need money, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't never like to have enough to give and to keeping giving. I am saying is I don't care about it. My dad is going blind, his body is deteriorating, and he is in bad health. The only time he even talks about God healing his body or his eyes is when he gets more of a scare.

Plus I catch him looking at my body and other women in my family. I don't understand how you can lust over women and then expect God to bless you? Why is it like this? So when he gets money, God is doing right...

WELL I NOTICE THAT EVERY LAST ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS LACK HEALTH, PEACE, JOY, THE HOLY SPIRIT, MEEKNESS, GENTLENESS, AND SO MUCH MORE THAT AS CHILDREN OF GOD OR SERVANTS OF GOD SHOULD HAVE.

I want peace, LOVE, JOY, WISDOM, and so much more of God. I don't care about money because I love and trust God enough to know He will take care of my son and I.

I am just getting so frustrated. I do not want to talk to anyone in my family anymore.

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

That pretty much sums it up.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can pray for your situation sister (the stress it puts you under) and your father especially.

GOD BLESS!

My prayers have been answered and I was told that you are the one who will bring spiritually healing to your Father through your relationship with Christ Jesus ....... Stay strong in HIM and have patience with your father, it won't be long and you will have your relief.

Upvote 0

HisW0rd

Sep 27, 2007
Texas
✟16,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can pray for your situation sister (the stress it puts you under) and your father especially.

GOD BLESS!

My prayers have been answered and I was told that you are the one who will bring spiritually healing to your Father through your relationship with Christ Jesus ....... Stay strong in HIM and have patience with your father, it won't be long and you will have your relief.

My dad doesnt care, He argues concerning the word and all he cares about is money and looking at women regardless if they are family or not

Upvote 0

HisW0rd

Sep 27, 2007
Texas
✟16,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Note, Jesus said 'don't store up treasures for YOURSELF on earth.'

What if people store up treasure for the sake of others (children, grandchildren, spouse, charity...etc?) Is it bad then?

Well maybe he should try to stop looking at his children and grandchildren breast and behinds....then maybe I can believe that he is doing it for the right reasons

But after 5 years of losing thousands and thousands of dollars getting conned because you want an internet job...maybe something isn't right...

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My dad doesnt care, He argues concerning the word and all he cares about is money and looking at women regardless if they are family or not

Please do not take offence to what I am about to say.

I do not believe that it is our place to judge, but we do have power through the gift of the Holy Spirit and you have that power within you to pray to GOD for change in your fathers life. It is more productive of spiritual fruit than complaining about your fathers faults which produces no fruit.

Sister it is so powerfull (prayer through the spirit) that if we rested only on that and our faith in GOD for HIS WILL to be done here on earth by belief that we have our spiritual requests from GOD, this world would be so awesome to live in.

I will pray for your strength in acknowledging HIS TRUTHS.

GOD BLESS!

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Note, Jesus said 'don't store up treasures for YOURSELF on earth.'

What if people store up treasure for the sake of others (children, grandchildren, spouse, charity...etc?) Is it bad then?

Our trust is to be in what GOD provides for us, not what we do on our own. Even these riches (worldly wealth) stored up for our children are uncertain. Many things can happen and you will never have control over what that money is spent on after death. However, if that money is spent wisely to provide for the needy while you are here and alive, you will be storing up riches in heaven.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

Luke 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithfulG4103 in the unrighteousG94 mammon,G3126 who will commit to your trust G4100 G5213 the trueG228 riches?

G4103
πιστός
pistos
pis-tos'
From G3982; objectively trustworthy; subjectively trustful: - believe (-ing, -r), faithful (-ly), sure, true.

G94
ἄδικος
adikos
ad'-ee-kos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1349; unjust; by extension wicked; by implication treacherous; specifically heathen: - unjust, unrighteous.

G3126
μαμμωνᾶς
mammōnas
mam-mo-nas'
Of Chaldee origin (confidence, that is, figuratively wealth, personified); mammonas, that is, avarice (deified): - mammon.

G4100
πιστεύω
pisteuō
pist-yoo'-o
From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

G5213
ὑμῖν
humin
hoo-min'
Irregular dative case of G5210; to (with or by) you: - ye, you, your (-selves).

G228
ἀληθινός
alēthinos
al-ay-thee-nos'
From G227; truthful: - true.

Upvote 0

SuzanneM52

Jun 17, 2010
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
GASP ! My husband has a double????? He is exactly the same way with his prescious money and I am exactly like you---money means zilch to me. Every conversation, every piece of family news, ends up being about money. Money is their god,HisWOrd. As Natalie said, we have the one true GOD that we can pray to and if He can't get thru to my husband, I ask that He at least keep me sane. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

realc4ever

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Money is nice and fine and fun, but there is more to life than money.
It's a tool the devil uses to distract people away from God.

Yet God said to put Him first and all these things will be added unto you.

Not to worry or take thought for your life because He knows you need all these things. He feeds the sparrow. Are not we of more value than the sparrow ?

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so sick and tired of hearing about MONEY.

WHO CARES!

Its like everyone in my entire family. The only time when someone is doing good or when God is blessing them it seem like its about materialistic things. MONEY, CARS, and HOUSES. The more they have, the more they are doing right, or achieved something soooo great or accomplished a successful relationship with God.

My dad ALWAYS talk about making money, or money coming, or God is going to make us RICH! Or I am going to buy this or that with his millions of dollars he is hoping God will give him.

He gets angry with me because he started bragging about how my brother has a Cadillac and he made it seem like he was better off than my other brother who has a Honda. He started talking about how if my brother who has the Honda listened to him he could have a Cadillac. Then say that my brother who has the Cadillac is doing way better than my other brother...UM that doesn't make any sense to me. I told my dad that there is no point of him telling me this and it has nothing to do with my brother's character. I told my dad to stop talking to me about money period. I told him that neither one can take any of those things to heaven and I didn't see the point in talking about something that has no value in heaven.

Don't get me wrong, I know we need money, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't never like to have enough to give and to keeping giving. I am saying is I don't care about it. My dad is going blind, his body is deteriorating, and he is in bad health. The only time he even talks about God healing his body or his eyes is when he gets more of a scare.

Plus I catch him looking at my body and other women in my family. I don't understand how you can lust over women and then expect God to bless you? Why is it like this? So when he gets money, God is doing right...

WELL I NOTICE THAT EVERY LAST ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS LACK HEALTH, PEACE, JOY, THE HOLY SPIRIT, MEEKNESS, GENTLENESS, AND SO MUCH MORE THAT AS CHILDREN OF GOD OR SERVANTS OF GOD SHOULD HAVE.

I want peace, LOVE, JOY, WISDOM, and so much more of God. I don't care about money because I love and trust God enough to know He will take care of my son and I.

I am just getting so frustrated. I do not want to talk to anyone in my family anymore.

I believe before God brings us to earth (day we are born) we know our mission our God given mission but, during the birth process and we are covered in flesh - the flesh slowly and surely re-trains our mindsets. So we set goals not of God but, it appears to be right because all around us believe the same. Material things should never be the goal. aligning ourselves with God's will is our primary goal or should be. To grow spiritually should be the second goal.

The great news for you is there are different levels of heaven and based on your spiritual growth that's where you will be... So it's great to know you will be surrounded by like minds wanting to grow to higher levels like yourself. To start off with where others will come in but, have to work their selves up to higher levels. God gives us plenty of time to grow on earth.. some want to learn and do and some are complacent. In the end the fight for you is that your soul makes it to Heaven so when you truly become aggitated by a worldly training focus even harder on growing Spiritually. God Bless You!

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Upvote 0

StephanieP

Jul 7, 2010
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's ok, I feel the same way, only it's the opposite, I am a very bad financial situation to the point of not having money for food, but instead of blaming God, I know he has a reason and a plan and that after this hard time is over that me, my husband and our baby will be in a better place, once we can handle our money better, he will allow us to have more.

I think you just have to remember that not everyone is perfect, just try your best to be positive and happy and help other people as much as possible, the more you bless others, the more you will be blessed in return, who knows, maybe if you lead by example, your dad will realize there is more to life than money.

God bless!

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's ok, I feel the same way, only it's the opposite, I am a very bad financial situation to the point of not having money for food, but instead of blaming God, I know he has a reason and a plan and that after this hard time is over that me, my husband and our baby will be in a better place, once we can handle our money better, he will allow us to have more.

I think you just have to remember that not everyone is perfect, just try your best to be positive and happy and help other people as much as possible, the more you bless others, the more you will be blessed in return, who knows, maybe if you lead by example, your dad will realize there is more to life than money.

God bless!

This time is an edification and everyone must be tried by fire as well.. you love God and believe in God then God will work it out for you.. Try very hard not to be ashamed of a financial situation because sometimes when we hold our tongues we miss the blessing.. Trust The Lord and you will see victory..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican

I noticed that you are from Texas. Is there any chance you or your family goes to Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Texas? That would explain where your family's coming from. I know that Texas is a pretty big state, however.

According to Paul, the "love of money" is the "root of all evil." Paul says those that covet after money have "erred from the faith." Of course, these verses are often overlooked by adherents of the prosperity gospel.

Indeed:

"5Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 6But godliness with contentment is great gain....9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition." 1 Tim. 6:5-6...9

If this is your biological father then this is really sick. No one should be looking at their biological daughter in a sexual manner. So, I feel bad for you.

Well, if things are as you describe then I don't blame you.

Well maybe he should try to stop looking at his children and grandchildren breast and behinds....then maybe I can believe that he is doing it for the right reasons

This is really sick. Maybe you could consider moving?

Upvote 0