• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mom's Post-Menopausal Breast Issues

B

Bulan77

Yesterday I could tell something was troubling my Mom, and with some prodding, she described some problems she was having in the area of her right breast:

- lumpiness (several small lumps about 1cm in size) between her breast and underarm; the same area on her left side does not have this lumpiness.

- occasional shooting pains from the lumpy spot down toward her nipple

- occasional nipple discharge (she can't see the colour, except that it doesn't look bloody)

- sore lymph nodes under her right arm

- pain in her upper right back

Other symptoms:

- soreness in her right groin lymph area

- a recent urine sample showed an elevated white blood cell count, so our doctor wants to check for a bladder infection.

- very slight UTI infection or bladder infection symptoms

All of these issues showed up within the last week. She's 62, and post-menopause. The only cancer that runs in the family is colon cancer.

Yes, we realize these are symptoms that must be checked immediately. Mom has an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

-------

I've read online that most breast lumps and nipple discharge is not caused by cancer, and that there are several possible non-cancerous causes: bit.ly/1mOfe9F

If the worst case scenario happens to be true, I've also read that the prognosis for breast cancer is much better than other types of cancer: bit.ly/1jasq66

Naturally, though, I'm still very concerned. Can anyone provide advice about any of this from experience?

Also, is there anything specific she should mention to the doctor in tomorrow's appointment?

Debby 24

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Great Britain
✟14,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I do not have any advice only that I will be praying for you and your dear mum that the Lord will give her courage and strength and wisdom tomorrow and calm and peace, and for a miraculous healing from the Lord.

Isaiah 40 v 10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've read online that most breast lumps and nipple discharge is not caused by cancer, and that there are several possible non-cancerous causes: bit.ly/1mOfe9F
It probably is not cancer.

If the worst case scenario happens to be true, I've also read that the prognosis for breast cancer is much better than other types of cancer: bit.ly/1jasq66

Naturally, though, I'm still very concerned. Can anyone provide advice about any of this from experience?
It depends on the stage and grade of the cancer, but really, if you have to get cancer, this one isn't that bad. Usually the surgery doesn't involve internal organs or major muscles which means easier recovery. Much is known about the different kinds of BC, so treatment can be tailored to be most effective and least grueling.

Good luck to your mom. I hope it's not BC, but if it is, chances of recovery are really good statistically.

Upvote 0