Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently divination works in cases in the bible ask Paul.

Why is God so against something that never works?

Why does God tell us to not let a witch suffer to live?

Why is God willing to have us kill over it?
well, as you yourself observed in one of your next posts, Saint Paul prayed to God in Heaven to remove the demonic influences upon people... He did NOT invoke OT punishments but acted according to the NT

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
well, as you yourself observed in one of your next posts, Saint Paul prayed to God in Heaven to remove the demonic influences upon people... He did NOT invoke OT punishments but acted according to the NT

My questions were geared towards the importance about how God sees witchcraft....and how we should see it. Paul was greeved. So should we and we should follow in Paul's footsteps.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That is definitely what we should all do, because it is not a laughing matter. It is evil, and it has consequences. We should pray for everyone involved. If they go through with this, that will lead to oppression for a lot of people, and it will lead to more hatred in society. I'm asking God to counteract this in every way, and send Christians to open their eyes about what they are doing.

If this was a group of people armed with weapons, would people laugh?

We've had people armed with weapons protest the president... at least when it was Obama:

20100102__news07guns01032_gallery.jpg
teapartygunprotest.png

peter-drowne-of-big-fork-montana-protests-outside-a-town-hallstyle-picture-id89799808

Nobody seemed to mind -- certainly not Obama.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We've had people armed with weapons protest the president... at least when it was Obama:

20100102__news07guns01032_gallery.jpg
teapartygunprotest.png

peter-drowne-of-big-fork-montana-protests-outside-a-town-hallstyle-picture-id89799808

Nobody seemed to mind -- certainly not Obama.
They were protesting. The weapons were props. They weren't shooting at him or teaching people to shoot each other, were they?

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
we would all do well to remember to not paint everyone in a group by the words and actions of a tiny number.
Would you like Christians to be judged by the words and actions of the Wesboro Church or the Alliance Defending Freedom?

1. You realize that the westboro "church" is a false flag operation started by a democrat attorney who was an Al Gore supporter, right?

2. May God bless the Alliance Defending Freedom. I have no issue being associated with them.

Who We Are

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There is some irony here. Paganism is linked to orgies and the celebration of unrestricted relationships without the confinds of morality or commitment.

It is? Man, I've been hanging out with the wrong Pagans... the ones I know are in loving, committed relationships.

These guys just want publicity for their cause against anyone who wants to restrict them and their behaviour,

The alternative being to allow themselves to be restricted?

and it does not matter they have no axe to grind other than hatred of any morality. In the past such people became the scape goat for things going wrong because stupidly putting hexes on people and things happen, it does not take long for people to think, wait a minute the cause of this problem is the witches, so get rid of them, get rid of the problem. They are not very bright, if their only claim to fame is they claim they can harm others.

Sounds like the proper thing for Christians to do is pray for these poor, poor Pagans to abandon their ways and convert... because as we all know, intercessory prayer is totally different from a hex because... reasons.

If you think about it, historically earning money from the trauma of others is the oldest game in the book.

I think it's called "medicine."

Trouble is when you harm others, it will come back to haunt you.

A core Pagan belief...

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The mountain goats say, "they like those people."

First thing they noticed no green or purple hair and no belly button piercings with long strange items hanging. Those things scare goats.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They were protesting.

Of course -- one of the other freedoms provided by our First Amendment.

The weapons were props.

Agreed, the props were weapons. So what?

They weren't shooting at him or teaching people to shoot each other, were they?

Agreed, but that's hardly the point. The witches have their sage sticks and incense, the republicans have their AR-15s and Smith & Wesson 45s... which talismans do you fear more?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would be proud to know that witches didnt like me.

Lots of people don't like me... I probably wouldn't even notice.

Ah, but do you like them?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Agreed, but that's hardly the point. The witches have their sage sticks and incense, the republicans have their AR-15s and Smith & Wesson 45s... which talismans do you fear more?
That is exactly the point. Because this is about what teachings are spread in society. Are they protesting for the rights to defend themself or to hurt others? And are the witches promoting self-defense or are they promoting hurting others?

And I fear none of those things. Matthew 10:28. But I still pray for protection against anything that could harm me, and I pray for the salvation of those who seek to harm me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The witches have their sage sticks and incense, the republicans have their AR-15s and Smith & Wesson 45s... which talismans do you fear more?

I know, I know the answer.
Naturally the witches.
M-Bob

• Haha
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I know, I know the answer.
Naturally the witches.
M-Bob

That's right! "Guns don't kill people; witches kill people!"

And that's if you're lucky...

newt.gif~c200

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I once talked with a young woman who described herself as a "witch" and practitioner of "witchcraft" for a few hours (in total). She told me she practiced "white magic", which evidently does obey the "do no harm" creed. However, others practice "black magic", which alleges to wield hostile & human-harming super-natural influences.

Evidently, the topic of this thread relates (only) to "black magic" practitioners of "witchcraft".

-----

Insofar as "separation of Church and State" is "good"... then if "black magic witchcraft" has de facto veto power over Congress' nominations, then should other religions (e.g. Christianity) also have such influences over Congress? (And, given past, similar, reported events, over both the Legislative / Judicial & Executive branches also?)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
-----

Insofar as "separation of Church and State" is "good"... then if "black magic witchcraft" has de facto veto power over Congress' nominations, then should other religions (e.g. Christianity) also have such influences over Congress? (And, given past, similar, reported events, over both the Legislative / Judicial & Executive branches also?)

Should they?
Christians pray for their elected officials (and their political appointments) all the time -- should non-Christians be permitted to do the same?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should they?
Christians pray for their elected officials (and their political appointments) all the time -- should non-Christians be permitted to do the same?
Isn't there an important difference...

between "praying" (well-wishing, hoping) for good benefits to people...

versus "hexing" (ill-wishing, hating) for bad maladies to people ??

Helping your team is not the same as harming the other team.

Invoking non-human, non-terrestrial, other-worldly astral powers from the stars, to inflict damage, destruction, wounds, casualties & death on earth...

is not the same as invoking supra-natural, supra-terrestrial influences to heal, help & save people upon this planet.

Rather, the two behaviors are on opposite sides of the same "super-natural coin" so to speak. Invoking the super-natural for good on earth is not identical to invoking the super-natural for ill.

-----

There may also be an issue of hypocrisy. Modern pagans always claim that Christian persecuted them and burned them at the stake. Yet, evidently, give them half a chance... and they will (more or less) do the same thing, making effigies of people they don't like and burning them, in hopes that sympathetic voodoo-like magic will inflict burning on the targets.

So, evidently, (some, black-magic practicing) pagans do not claim persecuting people is bad, rather it's good, when they are the ones persecuting.

In case anyone cares, this would imply that (say) "two wrongs make a right"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It won't bother the judge for he is a Christian.
M-Bob

We dont know if there are openings he has allowed in his personal life. We have the victory through Christ Jesus but we dont know if the firy arrows will get in the gaps or pierce his armour. So we should pray for him.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would be proud to know that witches didnt like me. As a Catholuc I would think a few our fathers for Kavanaouh would be sufficient, if he bothered with it at all.

How is that Biblical for protection?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They support abortion, believe in cursing others and are playing with occult powers rather ineffectively it seems. Think their hatred of Kavanaugh and Trump is incidental really. These guys are dark side without any apparent power. So maybe their master is not blessing their activities either.

Maybe there is power going on in his personal life. The enemy imitates the Lord when they gather in two or more. Biblically, there are instances of witchcraft working and having power and even bringing profit. The Lord hates and is serious unto death about witchcraft for a reason. Shouldnt we be serious to pray?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is? Man, I've been hanging out with the wrong Pagans... the ones I know are in loving, committed relationships.

The alternative being to allow themselves to be restricted?

Sounds like the proper thing for Christians to do is pray for these poor, poor Pagans to abandon their ways and convert... because as we all know, intercessory prayer is totally different from a hex because... reasons.

I think it's called "medicine."

A core Pagan belief...
Hi Valentine,

I like your post, because you are right, there is no one "pagan" group, or even theology or approach.
What I am commenting on is my contact with groups who align with wiccan and magic.
And I am glad you have friends who are in committed relationships. What is slightly missleading is without a classification of a group or approach, pagan just means not Christian or another formal belief system.

The practise of hexes is to try and do harm, which is not the same as prayers asking the Lord to bring blessing and His revelation to others.

Witch doctors are renowned in various places in the world for resolving problems by offering to stop another by some damaging spell. This is not the area of herbal medicine or solving personal injury or disease problems.

And to be honest if people convert or not it is their fate in their hands. I just wish the best for them, and to find love, peace and truth, which I believe and have experienced lies in Jesus.

Upvote 0