London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a lot of people in need of Jesus. Being mocked by Christians isn't going to help them, especially when they know that their witchcraft does affect reality. Then they will view Christians as blind and foolish, and it makes God look imaginary, even more than they already believe He is. What would happen if 12000 or even 24000 Christians prayed for them and someone reached out to them and spoke to them? If someone exposed the evil in what they are doing? And let the victims see God's healing power? I bet things would turn out quite differently.

Instead, Christians are sitting at home praying for a few select men, complaining to each other and mocking their enemies.

Meanwhile God, who is no respecter of persons but loves everyone including His enemies, is working to save the lost, wanting no one to perish. What would be the right thing to do here?

Agreed about praying for and reaching out to lost people and that does make a difference. But not sure there is any evidence that this particular group of witches have accomplished anything with their witchcraft however they have rationalised this to themselves. Trump is still in power and Kavanaugh got appointed being the major evidence against them.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Agreed about praying for and reaching out to lost people and that does make a difference. But not sure there is any evidence that this particular group of witches have accomplished anything with their witchcraft however they have rationalised this to themselves. Trump is still in power and Kavanaugh got appointed being the major evidence against them.
That doesn't matter. They are getting exposure anyway, and the devil is getting what he wants (captives). Their witchcraft cannot change the political game, because God appoints those in power, and even if it would have that effect for a while in a nation (God allows satan to be in power), Elijah will always overcome Jezebel. But what witchcraft does is to manipulate the minds of those who listen to their lies. They make it seem like doing witchcraft and hurting others is a way to personal freedom. But in reality it leads to bondage. Most witchcraft is manipulation, lies, deceit, swaying the minds of those who don't know Truth. And there is a spiritual component to it. It's not just words, it's deceitful spirits. It is the devil working through people to deceive them. And many witches (and false prophets of other false religions) display false signs and wonders too, to sway people to believe in doctrines of devils. This is reality, and it has been happening since creation. Just read the Bible from this perspective, and you'll see (also note that "Christian" false prophets also use sorcery Biblically). And that is why Christians need to walk in faith with their eyes open, equipped for battle. It is not something that we should take lightly.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Haha.

The only danger in this kind or thing is actually believing it has any effect or is even possible.
The only danger is to deny what God has taught us in Scripture about the dangers of sorcery. It is when we reject what He has spoken that we fall.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The only danger is to deny what God has taught us in Scripture about the dangers of sorcery. It is when we reject what He has spoken that we fall.

Times change. Just like tongues doesn't exist anymore beyond meaningless mumbo jumbo.

'Witches' today are no different than people buying 'holy water' from televangelists; they're buying junk at a premium and their imagination does the rest. The human imagination is not to be underestimated.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Honestly do not care if you believe in witchcraft or not.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Prayer is real, and that is exactly what we are to do.

Remember one more thing. The principalities of this world can hinder prayer, so it is helpful to ask God to move against them in the name of Jesus.

Daniel 10:11-13, “And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia [a demon] withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael [an archangel], one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.”

• Winner
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Times change. Just like tongues doesn't exist anymore beyond meaningless mumbo jumbo.

'Witches' today are no different than people buying 'holy water' from televangelists; they're buying junk at a premium and their imagination does the rest. The human imagination is not to be underestimated.
That directly opposes Scripture, and every prophecy that Jesus and Paul gave us about the last days. And it confirms the prophecies too, because yes, times change. God never changed, nor did His Spirit or His Word, but the Church has changed and it's doctrines has changed from sound doctrines to doctrines of men and doctrines of demons. That is what we have been told will happen. It has been happening since the early church, and it is still happening and it is getting worse and worse. 2 Timothy 4:3-4, Acts 20:30, 2 Peter 2, 2 Peter 3:16-17, 1 John 4:1-6

God never changed, the Church just fell asleep and people became blinded by following the world instead of God's Word.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Meanwhile God, who is no respecter of persons but loves everyone including His enemies, is working to save the lost, wanting no one to perish. What would be the right thing to do here?

Jacob I loved Esau I hated.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jacob I loved Esau I hated.
True. But Jesus didn't tell us that all non-believers are Esaus, did He? In fact, the only time that Esau is mentioned in the NT, it is when Paul told Christians not to reject God and live in sin. You can compare it to the 5 virgins without oil, and the lazy servant who hid his talents.

Jesus loved His enemies and commanded us to do the same. I'm glad that He loved me and saved me when I was His enemy. Freely we've received, so freely we should give.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There seems to be confusion about Christian spirituality. Prayer is not magic, and doesn't work that way.
No one in this thread has said anything like that.

Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You actually believe a witch's spell has any power? Since when did being a Christian mean embracing superstition?

So tempted to give the obvious answer, but the first acknowledgement by Christianity of witchcraft in the early-modern period was in the Prince-Bishopric of Sion (modern Switzerland) in 1428. There are no definitive records as to the numbers who were killed as a result but it was certainly in the hundreds. The pattern is depressingly familiar ard repeated itself across pretty much most of northern Europe for about 350 years.

And no, I don't believe that it has any more power than me chanting "mi-i-i-i-i-s-s-s" at the TV when England are (just about to lose) in a penalty shootout (although they don't have the absolute worst record in World Cup shootouts any more).

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray for them and preach the Gospel.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
In this day and age, witch-hunting is still being practiced by Christians in Africa. The superstitious mindset of native African religion makes them naturally drawn to this, especially combined with Pentecostalism, which often does little to challenge this view of the world.

No one in this thread has said anything like that.

I have seen it implied. Witchcraft cannot "hinder" prayer, because they are fundamentally different things altogether.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Pray for them and preach the Gospel.
YES!!!

And not by bullying, mocking, or looking down on them, but by loving them, meeting them where they are at and talking to them, being like Jesus to them. I was hurt by enough Christians before I got saved to know that having an attitude that says "I am better than you" is only gonna turn the lost away from God. And it's also gonna hurt the Christian's relationship with God, who hates pride. God is love, so let's love!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So much for all that "Wiccan Rede, do no harm" stuff that Neopagans always say.
Wicca and Neo-pagananism are two different categories of modern witchcraft. Pagans reject the Wiccan Rede as it is too restrictive for their tastes.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In this day and age, witch-hunting is still being practiced by Christians in Africa. The superstitious mindset of native African religion makes them naturally drawn to this, especially combined with Pentecostalism, which often does little to challenge this view of the world.
Do you have any sources? All I have seen is a huge amount of deliverance being done. Christ is setting people free from witchcraft. Not by saying it isn't real, but by casting out the demons that kept people bound.

I have seen it implied. Witchcraft cannot "hinder" prayer, because they are fundamentally different things altogether.
Demons cannot hinder prayer, but it can hinder the response, just like in the quote from Daniel that the poster posted. Michael couldn't come to Daniel for 21 days, due to the war going on in the heavenly realms (see Ephesians 6 also). That is why Daniel fasted. Also see 1 Thessalonians 2:18:

"For we wanted to come to you--certainly I, Paul, did, again and again--but Satan blocked our way."

The devil can prevent the work of a Christian, which God will use as a trial for us. It's nothing new. Paul faced it, and so do Christians today. So God can definitely also allow him to attack us in our prayer life, to lead us to fasting and sacrificing etc. Many Christians feel oppressed, distracted etc as they try to pray. That is also a trial. Also see 2 Corinthians 12.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible says differently and recognises a degree of reality to witchcraft even if most witches are a sham.

Witchcraft is a form of rebellion as it draws power from different spirits to God. Secular witches have no power cause they pay only lip service to spirits they hardly believe in and they make no sacrifices to them. The sacrifice of the unborn does not count in this respect cause it is usually a matter of convenience rather than targetted sacrifice to a named spirit. Witches have no power over believers because an undeserved curse does not come to rest. Believers are covered in Christs blood and so there is no foothole of sin for a witch. Even unrepentant sin might not give them an opening if Gods grace is at work, so repentant sin gives no chance.

Plain fact here is that Kavanaugh is a Christian so the witches do not stand a chance!

Upvote 0