Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok I'll get it started. Looks like the big news is the Phillies land Bryce Harper to the tune of 13 years and $330M rockets. But now some outlets are reporting the LA Dodgers actually offered a 4 yr deal where he would make $45M a year. Thus putting him at age 30 in line for another big deal.

Bryce Harper rejected $45M per year from Dodgers: Report

Slugger Bryce Harper turned down an even more lucrative offer Opens a New Window. – at least in the short term – than the $330 million contract he received from the Philadelphia Phillies Opens a New Window. this week, according to a report.

Harper, 27, rejected a four-year deal from the Los Angeles Dodgers that would have paid him $45 million per season, the highest annual pay of any contract in baseball history, MLB Network’s Jon Morosi reported. The deal would have allowed Harper to become a free agent again at age 30, setting up another huge payday.

Bryce Harper rejected $45M per year from Dodgers: Report

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In D-FW the Rangers are going to abadown a perfectly good 23 year old stadium and build another one right next to it.
Yes a business decision they think will attract TORP to the area. Seems the reasoning is the very best talent in free agency (or holding on to) really does not like playing in hot summers in Texas where it can get upwards in the 90s even at night. Day games...Whew, you ever sit through one there? Wow!

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In D-FW the Rangers are going to
abadown a perfectly good 23 year old stadium and build another one right next to it.

Yes. Baseball fans in Oakland and Tampa are probably really wishing that stadium could be disassembled piece by piece, shipped to their respective cities, and then put back together for use by their teams. :|

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes a business decision they think will attract TORP to the area. Seems the reasoning is the very best talent in free agency (or holding on to) really does not like playing in hot summers in Texas where it can get upwards in the 90s even at night. Day games...Whew, you ever sit through one there? Wow!
I was reading that the number of heat exhaustion cases is going up every year. I realize an awning wouldn't do much for the ambient heat, but it would cut down on direct exposure.

I want to Arlington Stadium once in 1993 and to what then was The Ballpark in Arlington once in 1995.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was a wise decision...... If he got hurt in the 4 years of the "bigger" deal, then he might not of been able to get another good deal at 30. This new deal secures him till retirement.......and I think 25mill a year is not too shabby either.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was reading that the number of heat exhaustion cases is going up every year. I realize an awning wouldn't do much for the ambient heat, but it would cut down on direct exposure.

I want to Arlington Stadium once in 1993 and to what then was The Ballpark in Arlington once in 1995.
Are you a Rangers fan? Thought being a Pats fan you might be BoSox.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was a wise decision...... If he got hurt in the 4 years of the "bigger" deal, then he might not of been able to get another good deal at 30. This new deal secures him till retirement.......and I think 25mill a year is not too shabby either.
Yes the Philly deal takes him to 40 years old. I do wonder though....Don't most MLB players exit their prime by age 33? I guess the good news for Philly fans is that they will be getting the prime years of his career.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the Philly deal takes him to 40 years old. I do wonder though....Don't most MLB players exit their prime by age 33? I guess the good news for Philly fans is that they will be getting the prime years of his career.
Yes, that is when stats say that players are in their decline.. It is hard to judge before hand, but this deal could have him making more in the long term. I too, would trade millions for the added stability and security (no-trade clause/ 13 yrs).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you a Rangers fan? Thought being a Pats fan you might be BoSox.

I root for both Dallas (and sometimes Texas in general) and Boston teams. The Rangers/Cardinals series broke my heart. Interestingly enough if we'd been victorious in 2010 or 2011 Dallas would have won all four majors in the span of 14 or 15 years. That would have been the second shortest time for that accomplishment. The record is 6 years for Boston. No other city has done it in less than 20 years.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Whew, you ever sit through one there? Wow!

I have sat through a super-hot game at Globe Life (formerly Ballpark in Arlington) -- and a roofed stadium would be great.

I do wish the 23 yr old stadium could be dissasembled and sent to a town that needs one, but I doubt that is possible.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have sat through a super-hot game at Globe Life (formerly Ballpark in Arlington) -- and a roofed stadium would be great.

I do wish the 23 yr old stadium could be dissasembled and sent to a town that needs one, but I doubt that is possible.
I too love the ballpark. Just too hot even night games in August.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Looks like our Rangers 2019 season has a lot of ? Marks.

Rangers focused on new rotation, young bats

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thought the first game of the season for them was against the Cubs.

Yer right.
That was still a pre-season game against Cleveland.
But they are still UNDEFEATED at this point!

• Haha
Upvote 0