Oct 3, 2010
✟12,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My face tends to be pretty expressive if I don't think about it, so if I'm going into a situation where I don't feel comfortable putting my thoughts or feelings out there, I might look in the mirror to work on my expression/gain composure. And yes, I think it helps... it puts me in the more objective state of mind I'm needing to be in. Other than that, I try not to spend too much time in the mirror... that just breeds self consciousness.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Part of my therapy is to look at myself in the mirror and practice accepting myself. It's supposed to help, it probably does. I can look in a mirror without grimacing now.

Other things ... not so much, I automatically pull faces whenever I see my reflection and the only thing I practice other than therapy related things is make-up. When it comes to make-up the mirror practice helps, but practicing without the mirror helps more when you're in a rush.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't stare at myself in the mirror too long before I have to make a weird facial expression. So no, I've never practiced in front of a mirror. When I had to give speeches I generally had my outline memorized and then winged the actual details.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums