Ministers threatened with jail and thousands in fines for refusing to marry gays

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another lie that many people have accepted is that being homosexual is a lifestyle. This also is nonsense. Sadly it doesn't stop many people believing it...
Even homosexuals used to claim an alternate lifestyle, so there is no lie in that regard

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No matter how many times you repeat it, telling all businesses they must abide by the same laws is not bullying.
No matter how many times you deny it, forcing people to do something against their religious beliefs is indeed bullying

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Forcing someone to do something against their belief, religious or not, is bullying.

I submit that the secular have ever much right to freedom of conscience as religious people do.

In an increasingly secular world, it is a dangerous trend to state that only those deemed pure enough in their religions are entitled to freedom of conscience, and that everybody else must toe the party line.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
No matter how many times you deny it, forcing people to do something against their religious beliefs is indeed bullying
No matter how many times you repeat it, telling all businesses they must abide by the same laws is not bullying.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

The only form of exercise some people get is flapping their arms, puffing out their chest, shrieking about bullying, and contorting the truth. As with all forms of exercise, repetition is a part of it.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

And yet you are currently practicing the very bigotry you and others accuse conservatives of.

The only form of exercise some people get is flapping their arms, puffing out their chest, shrieking about bullying, and contorting the truth. As with all forms of exercise, repetition is a part of it.

I've found that those that preach about how they are so tolerant, are often the most bigotted people, and they don't even realize it.

Reactions: YeShallTread
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've found that those that preach about how they are so tolerant, are often the most bigotted people, and they don't even realize it.

I've found that those who do not utilize reason employ emotion-based antics to try to distract from and discredit those who do.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” ~ Lord Byron

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
You're calling God a liar.

Homosexuality is a behavior, a sin; nothing more, nothing less.

Sadly, any other stance is just errant opinion.

No. Homosexuality is not a behaviour nor a lifestyle. It's being attracted to people of the same sex as oneself. Since God has never said anything to the contrary, how is that "calling God a liar"?

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. Homosexuality is not a behaviour nor a lifestyle. It's being attracted to people of the same sex as oneself. Since God has never said anything to the contrary, how is that "calling God a liar"?

You could make the same argument about pedophilia and having sexual attraction to animals...

It is stated in the Bible that acting on those forms of impulses is sinful.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” ~ Lord Byron
“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

"You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FA-LAMING! - Homer Simpson

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
You could make the same argument about pedophilia and having sexual attraction to animals...

It is stated in the Bible that acting on those forms of impulses is sinful.

Be that as it may, attraction is neither a behaviour nor a lifestyle. If it were, we would expect all heterosexual people to live and behave in exactly the same way as each other; and all homosexual people to live and behave in exactly the same way as each other; and all bisexual people to live and behave in exactly the same way as each other. Which they blatantly do not.

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't try to shift the goal posts here by feebly attempting to redefine the issue. Homosexuality is most certainly a behavior and God has most certainly made His feelings known about it. That one may be tempted with homosexuality, "attracted to" someone of the same sex does not make one a homosexual - any more than someone being attracted to alcohol makes one an alcoholic. Only acting on the temptation and engaging in homosexual acts is homosexuality. Temptations are not sins - it's the yielding to, the giving in to temptations, the acting on those temptations that is the sin. And God has made His feelings quite clear about certain behaviors - of which homosexuality is but one - and the penalties that await us if we persist in them and refuse to repent of them and refuse to trust in His Son to give us the grace, and Spirit, and strength we need to overcome them. And we can, with His help overcome them.

Denying God has made His feelings known in this regard, about what constitutes sinful behavior is most certainly calling Him a liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Homosexuality is most certainly a behavior...

No, it isn't.

That one may be tempted with homosexuality, "attracted to" someone of the same sex does not make one a homosexual...

Actually, being attracted to people of the same sex as oneself is exactly what makes one a homosexual.

Only acting on the temptation and engaging in homosexual acts is homosexuality.

Your understanding of what homosexuality is, is very flawed. I suggest you actually talk to some homosexual people about it.

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it isn't.

Actually, being attracted to people of the same sex as oneself is exactly what makes one a homosexual.

Your understanding of what homosexuality is, is very flawed. I suggest you actually talk to some homosexual people about it.
Well, your opinion is wrong.

Moreover, I don't need to talk to such people. Been there, done that. :cool:

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't try to shift the goal posts here by feebly attempting to redefine the issue. Homosexuality is most certainly a behavior and God has most certainly made His feelings known about it. That one may be tempted with homosexuality, "attracted to" someone of the same sex does not make one a homosexual - any more than someone being attracted to alcohol makes one an alcoholic. . . . .

Actually, many people define being homosexual as referring to the direction of one's attraction, instead of defining as to what sexual acts one indulges in.

Many an adolescent comes to self-define as homosexual without ever dating or having sex.

It is important, for us as Christians, to refrain from condemning people for the direction of their temptations. I've been tempted to have sex outside of marriage . . . heterosexual sex in my case, but that would not have made the action innocent!

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, your opinion is wrong.

Moreover, I don't need to talk to such people. Been there, done that. :cool:

“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

The two correlate to one another in an unfortunate way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.