Mind blowing concept..

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is bit to rocks speaking to you, and you to them by means of electric pulses. I know Moses and A'aron should have spoken to the rock. and not struck it, to get water, but I think the force behind the rock giving out water was G_d, not the rock of its own accord.
True all; but our Lord put no such restrictions on His statement.

So very literally, every time CCM, Gospel or Worship music is being played electronically, whether thru a PA system or a personal stereo, the rocks are quite literally crying out.

Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may be a way of expressing that their worship of Jesus was being commanded by God.....

Creation was crying out in response to God here... and yet somehow these self-righteous observers are no longer interested in hearing God... They “tune out” God’s signal and so the rocks are the ones responding.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Philippines
✟18,759.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is also said the "Heaven and earth" are also witnesses of men's actions (Deut 4). So I guess even things that we consider inanimate has their own form of interaction with God and men.

I have question in mind as well. Many people today use rocks/crystals as to help produce the right energy and healing those who wear it. Do you think this is appropriate for a believer? Can we consider them like medicinal plants that we can use to heal us? Or is it just blatant idolatry?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe any attempt to delve into "energies" connected with any created thing is something we should avoid. There are many names this goes by, and many kinds of ideas behind it. We often say "new age" but some are very ancient. All should be avoided.

Medicinal plants are like foods. It's ok to take what God has provided for the health of the body. And of course we seek God for healing, and there is nothing against God to use doctors.

But anything based on "energies" (and I used to be involved in natural health so many of these practices came alongside so I am aware of quite a few of them) should be avoided. I've even seen some work, sometimes seemingly miraculously (though suggestive power can't be ruled out in most of those cases). But if you don't know what the power behind making it work is - it should be avoided, IMO.

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0