Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not really true that leftist organizations only think of white men as racist. The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors black nationalist groups as well.

But maybe the perception is that only white men can be racist. Maybe the perception is all that matters.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He could not be called racist Not because He was a jewish gay concervative.. But because He has Black boyfriends .. It is hard to tag someone white with the racist tag if they are having relationships with people who are black...

Does that mean people who have relationships with women cannot be misogynists? Or women who have relationships with men cannot be misandrists? I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

Heck a lot of racist slave owners had relationships with their slaves..

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
He could not be called racist Not because He was a jewish gay concervative.. But because He has Black boyfriends .. It is hard to tag someone white with the racist tag if they are having relationships with people who are black...

You don't think its possible to be a racist and sleep with somebody of another race? You don't know the history of the south, then. Racist white men sleeping with black women happened all the time. Especially with men, sex isn't always about love, much less respect.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
It's not really true that leftist organizations only think of white men as racist. The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors black nationalist groups as well.

I've given the SPLC a lot of crap (deservedly) elsewhere, but to their credit, they condemn black separatist groups as racist using the simple logic of a race-swap.

Black Separatist

But maybe the perception is that only white men can be racist. Maybe the perception is all that matters.

Well, there are reasons for that perception existing, like the ideological notion that it's not racism without power involved.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, there are reasons for that perception existing, like the ideological notion that it's not racism without power involved.

I think power dynamics are an important consideration when evaluating the justice of a particular action . Certainly, hatred and resentment fall far below the ideals I have as a Christian, but my sense of compassion also makes them more understandable when there is systematic oppression involved.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I think power dynamics are an important consideration when evaluating the justice of a particular action . Certainly, hatred and resentment fall far below the ideals I have as a Christian, but my sense of compassion also makes them more understandable when there is systematic oppression involved.

Oh you can have systematic / institutionalised racism. But casual / social racism is still racism. It is the pretence that "racism" only means systematic / institutionalised racism that is proving troublesome.

As I have said before, in the UK within the last decade, we'd talk about "racism" and "institutionalised racism". The latter was taken more seriously, naturally, but the former - racist remarks in everyday conversation and the like - were considered racist, irrespective of the race of the person making them.

That's as things should be, but this has drifted into what is essentially a double standard due to the revisionist definition creeping over from the US.

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But you can be racist against more than just black people.
You can be racist against whites, arabs...all kinds of folks

• Agree
Reactions: Moral Orel
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does that mean people who have relationships with women cannot be misogynists? Or women who have relationships with men cannot be misandrists? I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

Heck a lot of racist slave owners had relationships with their slaves..

If the slave owners had loving relationships with a slave then that slave owner was not a racist.. You cannot love someone and be racist against them at the same time..

In other cases you mentioned if the man hates a woman he is only dominating them to gain sex.. In milo's case it is the black men who are being the ""man"" in their homosexual relationship.. Thus He is acting as the passive reciever in those homosexual acts.. You cannot say he is dominating black men, when they are in acting as the dominant partner in their sexual relations..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Milo is white.. We are talking about Milo here.. The topic is Milo..
I am talking about the meme and how racism can be against any race FROM any race. I have been talking about that since my first post.
If the slave owners had loving relationships with a slave then that slave owner was not a racist.. You cannot love someone and be racist against them at the same time..
Love is a relationship between two individuals. Racism is a pejorative relationship with an entire group.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh you can have systematic / institutionalised racism. But casual / social racism is still racism. It is the pretence that "racism" only means systematic / institutionalised racism that is proving troublesome.

So? People should be with whoever they want to be with. Even if they are "white."

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
One thing that has me a bit sideways:

As IF Milo OR Breibart care even one tiny, itsy, bitsy hoot about what the "leftist media" thinks. And, to be honest, I have only heard this (that he was rejected from CPAC....not the rest) mentioned on cbc...even my FB feed is devoid of any of this (and if you knew my fb list, that would be a bit surprising).

If I were to be conspiratorial, I would expect that both Breibart and Milo will attempt to exploit this as another example of a witch hunt.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've yet to research this issue but I suspect he has been railroaded...

Ironically, I think "the left" made a strategic misstep here in railroading him. You want this guy to be in the public space "and" a conservative. Imagine how much angst he caused being a Gay Conservative Jew that dates black men "and" was welcomed into the fold of the alt right. That alone had incalculable value in planting the seeds that will eventually help change the hearts and minds of homophobic racists.

To be fair, I really don't know much about him. I saw him once on Bill Maher and thought he was an insufferable little bleep.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I need to understand something:
I hate the term "reverse racism" because racism is racism.

I don't think I understand why one couldn't give Milo the label of "racist" SIMPLY Because he's a jewish gay conservative?
Asians can be racist; black people can be racist. These are things I've heard from people decrying pleas of racism from minority groups.
And they are right.

But what I don't get is how a gay jewish conservative CAN'T be a racist? Can I get a little help there?
I'm not even going to argue whether he SAID something racist. I'm just taking exception to the idea in the meme that he couldn't be called racist.

It's not that people in his situation can't be racist, it's more of an illustration of how many (not all, but many) on the left react when they can't fixate on their usual talking points.

...as well as their propensity for not wanting to target anyone from a minority group/institution/ideology/orientation for bigotry.

For example, there are progressives who will still get agitated about an abortion clinic bombing that injured one or two people from 10 years ago, and use that as an example of the hate that exists within right wing Christianity, but will refuse to acknowledge that the pulse nightclub attack (or any other recent attack) is representative of a certain level of intolerance.

They almost use the inverse of what the GOP uses in terms of the "represents the ideology vs. lone wolf" logic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've yet to research this issue but I suspect he has been railroaded...

Based on what I've read about this story thus far, I'd agree that he's been railroaded.

As I mentioned in the OP, this seems to be an implementation of the very same tactic republicans used against Hillary when they released one, out of context, soundbyte that was supposedly depicting Hillary bragging about defending a rapist in court. Now, everyone who's actually read the full text of what was said knows that Hillary was not defending rape...much like anyone who's read the full transcript of what Milo said knows that he wasn't defending pedophilia. He was merely telling a personal story from his own life, and splashing in some snarky, shock value, humor (which is his typical approach to everything).

Essentially, Milo is getting railroaded by the left the same way Hillary got railroaded by the right.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not what offends most people concerned with social justice.
Yes the SJW crowd is offended by whites, and Christians, not by the thugs who riot, and loot, not the ghetto fathers who leave their kids to live with their mama on food stamps in some Ghetto, last year a bunch of these SJW children was in fear of a Catholic priest at a College campus, because he "looked like a Klansman" with his robes. shows you these folks priorities.

Upvote 0