Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I pray that I'm never so prideful to assume that people who disagree with me are less educated on the subject about which we disagree.

What has this post got to do with my post (#19) that you quoted from?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wasn't Mike Pence governor or something before this? I vaguely remember that he was pretty terrible at that and a lot of people had been calling for his head for a long time.

Yes he was. It's quite a "rabbit hole" and goes quite "deep".

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, it was. :wave:

Actually it didn't. :wave:

Coffee?

iu

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't Mike Pence governor or something before this? I vaguely remember that he was pretty terrible at that and a lot of people had been calling for his head for a long time.
Mainly the LGBT activists and their supporters--and mainly from outside the state.

Pence, by the way, was considered a dark horse candidate for the GOP Presidential nomination from some years back. I thought he was going to stay in the category of little-known "possibles" but then he got the call to be the VP nominee in 2016.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it didn't. :wave:

Coffee?

iu
I don't touch the stuff. Hopefully some day you'll understand the relevance of my post in response to you assuming you are better researched on a topic simply because people disagree with you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't touch the stuff. Hopefully some day you'll understand the relevance of my post in response to you assuming you are better researched on a topic simply because people disagree with you.

No worries.

As i stated previously, i was unaware of issues with Mike Pence, until more recently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All Trump needs to do is retire, and we can have Mike Pence as our President. And that would be great - I think he is the reason why at least some Christians voted for Trump, given the options we had. Though I would be concerned if he was just getting the reins during the next election year.

Actually, we Christians should thank God for Trump. I'm sure Pence agrees. Trump's had the guts to enact many policies Christians have been too cowardly to address or even talk about. I say this as a Christian. I'm disappointed in this generation. Very ignorant on politics. Very cowardly.

I'll go even further and say Trump has a much better testimony than the Church right now, and Trump may not actually be a Christians yet. But he has fought for the unborn while many evangelicals turned their backs on the unborn this election cycle (thankfully not all). He's been touted as the most pro-life President in our nation's history, while many evangelicals didn't even vote, or voted for a 3rd party candidate with no chance. Shame on them. Shame on us as a Church.

That's my view. May we at least become as active as Trump in these coming years. Perhaps we'll be a better testimony to him and the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might want to research Mike Pence further before claiming that he is a "man of God". Such as the high statistics of child human sex trafficking during his reign as governor as well as allegations of his involvement in a corrupt judicial system and child foster care system, etc.
You apparently voted for Hillary.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, we Christians should thank God for Trump. I'm sure Pence agrees. Trump's had the guts to enact many policies Christians have been too cowardly to address or even talk about. I say this as a Christian. I'm disappointed in this generation. Very ignorant on politics. Very cowardly.

I'll go even further and say Trump has a much better testimony than the Church right now, and Trump may not actually be a Christians yet. But he has fought for the unborn while many evangelicals turned their backs on the unborn this election cycle (thankfully not all). He's been touted as the most pro-life President in our nation's history, while many evangelicals didn't even vote, or voted for a 3rd party candidate with no chance. Shame on them. Shame on us as a Church.

That's my view. May we at least become as active as Trump in these coming years. Perhaps we'll be a better testimony to him and the world.
Pray for a retirement in the US Supreme Court, Hopefully Ginsberg one more conservative and we can turn back the clock on "SAME Sex Marriage" and "Killing The Unborn"!

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think your talking about Hillary Clinton.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
All Trump needs to do is retire, and we can have Mike Pence as our President. And that would be great - I think he is the reason why at least some Christians voted for Trump, given the options we had. Though I would be concerned if he was just getting the reins during the next election year.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" ~Hosea 4:6

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People make a caricature of Mike Pence because they can find nothing of substance with which to criticism him. He is a thoroughly decent person, and if I was on the other side of the pond I would make him more than Vice President.

I think it's wise to be skeptical of all politicians, especially when you begin to think they're men (or women) of God. Politicians have and respond to incentives just like everyone else, and their most obvious incentive is to garner and maintain votes/support. Mike Pence may in fact be a decent guy, but you don't know. You know only what's displayed publicly, which really isn't much and which may not reveal too much about the actual person. It's quite often hard to differential between real character/actual personality and response to incentives. So I recommend cautious skepticism.

I guess there's an actual chance that you personally know the guy, but I doubt it.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's wise to be skeptical of all politicians, especially when you begin to think they're men (or women) of God. Politicians have and respond to incentives just like everyone else, and their most obvious incentive is to garner and maintain votes/support. Mike Pence may in fact be a decent guy, but you don't know. You know only what's displayed publicly, which really isn't much and which may not reveal too much about the actual person. It's quite often hard to differential between real character/actual personality and response to incentives. So I recommend cautious skepticism.

I guess there's an actual chance that you personally know the guy, but I doubt it.
One thing I do know, he speaks out openly against the evils of "SAME Sex Marriage" and "Killing The Unborn" abortion.

A True American Hero!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One thing I do know, he speaks out openly against the evils of "SAME Sex Marriage" and "Killing The Unborn" abortion.

A True American Hero!
he speaks out openly against the evils of "SAME Sex Marriage" and "Killing The Unborn" abortion

He's "obliged" to, publicly.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I disagree. You actually know more about politicians than most everyday Joes. Those entering the public arena really are subjecting themselves to significant scrutiny. Pence is now being looked at under a microscope. So far, I'm very impressed with him as a person and politician. I'm not impressed with the veiled insults against him on this thread.

What's with the cryptic accusations? I'd challenge his accusers to speak freely and clearly. If you think you have the goods let's hear it. So far I hear nothing of substance. Just empty gossip.

Upvote 0