Christian
Dec 7, 2003
Ann Arbor
✟201.00
Faith
Catholic

Folks
I am in AA.
Do you folks know a good BIBLE school anywhere in Michigan or Ohio.
I don't mean a full time colleage. But a place where they offer classes
in the weekend ?

Has anyone been to the new church at NOVI ( NorthRidge Temple )
This is a nondenominational church. Has Bible courses and it is free ?
Can anyone of you comment about this please ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

as1013

Dec 22, 2003
Michigan
✟117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
waas_MI said:

ok,well it wouldn't let me post the website but just type in northridge church in plymouth and it should come up on a search engine. I think you meant the one in plymouth. If so,I have been to that one and it's huge and they offer a lot. I am pretty sure they offer bible classes but I don't know if they are free. They have a lot of groups that study the bible and those are probably free. Even though the church is so big I recommend it. The people were friendly and the services entertaining and interesting.

Upvote 0

Motor City Christian

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Detroit area
✟22,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
waas_MI said:

Folks
I am in AA.
Do you folks know a good BIBLE school anywhere in Michigan or Ohio.
I don't mean a full time colleage. But a place where they offer classes
in the weekend ?

Hello there. As I mentioned early in this thread, I live in Warren. I know two places where you can take classes on the weekend. The first is meets at my church, Warren Community, but the college name is Christian Ministries Institute. My church hosts the school because they currently have no building. The classes meet one day a week and are geared towards anyone seeking to go into the ministry (pastor, youth pastor, etc., don't know all the degrees but can find out if you want). This college is organized by the Missionary Church, but I am almost 100% anyone can take classes (again I can find out).
The second college I know of is Rochester College. They offer classes on Saturdays or at night once a week. You would go through the CEL (College of Extended Learning). I don't know what your age is, but I believe the classes are for 25+. Their number is (248)218-2000 (mods if this is inappropriate I apologize).
I can vouch that I have been to Northridge. It is an excellent church, and they offer many activities. Nice venue to see a concert too or one of their Christmas plays. I would get involved. They seem like great people to me. However, I don't know their denomination.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amoses

Dec 31, 2003
✟112.00
Faith
Protestant
:help: I'm a reporter looking for folks from Michigan who might be able to help me with a story I'm writing. Some state senators have introduced legislation that would lift the ban on state scholarships for students majoring in theology, religion or religious studies. Right now, if you qualify for a state scholarship and major in those areas, your scholarship will be revoked. I don't know if any of you out there have an interest in this, but if you do, please reply soonest to my email: amoses@ap.org. Thanks! --alex moses

Upvote 0

ambient

Oct 17, 2003
MI
Visit site
✟140.00
Faith
Protestant
Saginaw !!!! Grew up there. Let's hear it for the EAST SIDE !! Went to Saginaw High...way back in the day. Moved out just after the riots in Chicago (Democratic National Convention), Detroit, Saginaw (highest murder rate of any city its size back then) Interesting times. Can honestly say I dont miss it one bit. Live in Holt just out of Lansing now. Not my favorite place on the planet either!!! But alas......God has been good to me here. Very good.

Upvote 0