at this moment i am in my house, my cousins house,
✟15,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
cheap melo-death with breakdowns, sorry.
dude cut the cheap part k? they may be "melo-death with breakdowns" but if theres one thing there not it's cheap. they have amazing guitarparts, there drummer can kick @#$, and their screamer is amazing!

There are much much better bands that you can do that to.
to you maybe but to me and all my freinds (most of them) august burns red and as i lay dieing are the best of all time!!

they hade some good guitar stuff... but their screamer i don't like... or their drums.

couldn't find anything of theirs on youtube.

Cryptopsy

dude! this! band! is! like! messed! up!!! besides them being messed up, they hade some good guitar stuff but the vocals reealy stank

Benighted

they hade some good guitar stuff. but (again) i don't like the screaming.. it's to throaty, when the dude goes up high it sounds good, but his lower stuff is crap!

I'm a guitarist as well, and you are making a mistake in thinking that simplicity in music equals boring and/or bad.

Black metal is all about atmosphere and emotion, something I doubt you understand from your posts.

no not bad just boring. i'm a very intense and angry person, i can't listen to realy slow stuff that sounds trancy and simple. that's just the way i am. oh i'm very emotional... but as i said before, i'm an intense and angry person, when i listen to stuff like that, i feel like crushing up the music and reoganizing it to something that will help relieve my anger!! (black metal just builds it up)lol! i know it sounds insane lol.

Upvote 0

JediGeneralKenobi

Jun 14, 2006
✟15,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
dude cut the cheap part k? they may be "melo-death with breakdowns" but if theres one thing there not it's cheap. they have amazing guitarparts, there drummer can kick @#$, and their screamer is amazing!

they are very cut and dry, servicable, but barely.

to you maybe but to me and all my freinds (most of them) august burns red and as i lay dieing are the best of all time!!

right....

they hade some good guitar stuff... but their screamer i don't like... or their drums.

I think this is kind of showing your ignorance. The music they are playing is technically far above anything from aild or abr. Besides, Jane Doe is one of the best albums of all time.

couldn't find anything of theirs on youtube.

myspace music

dude! this! band! is! like! messed! up!!! besides them being messed up, they hade some good guitar stuff but the vocals reealy stank

if you're looking on youtube, the only song on there is probably off of Once Was Not which wasn't very good.

myspace music again

they hade some good guitar stuff. but (again) i don't like the screaming.. it's to throaty, when the dude goes up high it sounds good, but his lower stuff is crap!

just because you don't like a particular vocal style doesn't mean it's bad.

Upvote 0

DictiusTeNecare

Feb 5, 2008
✟15,159.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
JediGeneralKenobi :
Maybe you should check Necrophagist if you're so much into technicality or "kick-ass" and whatever. Then again Suicmez uses death grunts which you don't seem to like.
Carcass or Death could do it for you (they at least sound a 10000000 times more evil than the "breakdown-fraction" even if you really shouldn't compare them ;))

Some youtube vids:

-Carcass:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=d7oGGud2Jk4

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=i0C5gUQhvV0

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lP30tSZF0

-Death:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=euHMldrw4fw

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=alEpKZb85cI (now that kicks ass!)

Upvote 0

JediGeneralKenobi

Jun 14, 2006
✟15,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys sould just give up!! you'll never convince me to think that anything is better then abr and aild! i have a reputation for being able to argue till my enemies give up! i'm not braging, i'm just giveing you a freindly little warning! but it's your choice.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
JediGeneral said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys sould just give up!! you'll never convince me to think that anything is better then abr and aild! i have a reputation for being able to argue till my enemies give up! i'm not braging, i'm just giveing you a freindly little warning! but it's your choice.
Is that just an extremely pompous way of say 'I'm stubborn'?

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

If you're the musician you claim, you would see that from a technical standpoint all the bands posted here are far above those two. You don't have to like them more, but to not acknowledge they are musically more proficient is idiocy.

Upvote 0

DictiusTeNecare

Feb 5, 2008
✟15,159.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
With my last post I didn't really want to change your opinion, I just wanted to show you some bands you may like @JediGeneralKenobi

But if you want to argue till I, your "enemy" (or Theogonia :D) give up... erm ok?
And yeah, those bands you're into pretty much suck IMO but if you like them, cool.
btt: I love satanic Metal like , for example, Stryper.

Upvote 0

JediGeneralKenobi

Jun 14, 2006
✟15,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is that just an extremely pompous way of say 'I'm stubborn'?
yes. lol

If you're the musician you claim, you would see that from a technical standpoint all the bands posted here are far above those two. You don't have to like them more, but to not acknowledge they are musically more proficient is idiocy.
ummmm no. go to abr's myspace and listen to the stuff they play... all that's there, try to figure it allll out without tabs and without watching anybody play it and tell me if it's easy. all the bands you guys mentioned are good, but simple in my opinion. i'm writing a metal son'g that sonds better then the stuff you posted.

With my last post I didn't really want to change your opinion, I just wanted to show you some bands you may like @JediGeneralKenobi

But if you want to argue till I, your "enemy" (or Theogonia :D) give up... erm ok?
And yeah, those bands you're into pretty much suck IMO but if you like them, cool.
no i know you wern't, (and i don't want to be your enemy but theogonia kinda brought it upon himself;) ) but theogonia insists that abr and aild reeeeelay suck but you just think they suck lol. have you heard alot of their stuff? cause if not, don't judge a band of anykind until you've heard most of the stuff they play. oh and i liked some of the stuff you posted but (as usual) i don't like the screaming, its to vocal... it sounds like the dudes screaming for mercy,lol. but that's just my opinion don't take it seriously (like theogonia)
btt: I love satanic Metal like , for example, Stryper.
hahahahahaha did you know they were a christian band?

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
all that's there, try to figure it allll out without tabs and without watching anybody play it and tell me if it's easy. all the bands you guys mentioned are good, but simple in my opinion.

Simple is not always worse, and that something is difficult to play doesn't mean it sounds any good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
yeah. look at Brain Drill ahahahah

but seriously, Jedi, Cryptopsy for example is miles ahead of those bands technically, if you can't hear that either you're deaf or you have terrible speakers. As I Lay Dying's music is ridiculously simple to play. It's easy to learn some simple melodic patterns that aren't even difficult and play them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DictiusTeNecare

Feb 5, 2008
✟15,159.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
JediGeneralKenobi: Oh really, Stryper christians? :p

When I played in a Death Metal band I also wrote more "complex" songs (from a structure point of view) but not for the sake of complexity. If the feel of the music is lost because of your technical masturbation, your music sounds like [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]. That's why I dislike many of the so-called "brutal" and "technical" DM bands (I'm mostly into BM anyway :D)

Hm post your song

Upvote 0