✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone here like metal music?

There are many metal bands that are Christian.
I like metal music, is that a sin?

Are you kidding me?

Metal music itself is not a sin. The genre of music doesn't matter, nor do the instruments involved. It's the lyrics that matter. As long as you're listening to heavy metal with pretty positive lyrics, you're not sinning.

I myself like some heavy metal. Have you ever heard of The Showdown?

Upvote 0

TheIgniter

Jan 15, 2008
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope, listening to metal isn't a sin. Though, if you get into some extreme metal, be careful of the lyrics, because alot of times they can be anti-Christian.

I mostly listen to Christian metal bands, but I do like some others too.

Has anyone heard of Nightwish? I found out about them on another forum I go to. They seem to be a pretty awesome band.

Upvote 0

Wishmaster

Oct 16, 2007
✟7,684.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nope, listening to metal isn't a sin. Though, if you get into some extreme metal, be careful of the lyrics, because alot of times they can be anti-Christian.

I mostly listen to Christian metal bands, but I do like some others too.

Has anyone heard of Nightwish? I found out about them on another forum I go to. They seem to be a pretty awesome band.
Oh yes. Yes they are awesome...

If you couldn't already tell by my username...

Upvote 0

Tragic Paradox

über.n00b
Feb 8, 2005
Tennessee
✟9,722.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, In Flames, Destroy the Runner, It Dies Today, The Human Abstract, Norma Jean, Gwen Stacy, Oh Sleeper, Trenches, Maylene & The Sons of Disaster, old Haste the Day, Once Nothing.....etc

I like power/progressive metal too. Symphony X, Kamelot, Dream Theater, DivineFire....

And back in the day I was really into folk metal like Ensiferum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wanderer09

Aug 3, 2007
✟15,203.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nightwish...I have no interest in the newer stuff, but the old songs are great.

I once met a Christian who told me to stop listening to Led Zeppelin because Satan might possess me through it. 0_o

Metal won't hurt you. If anything, it will open your mind and help you appreciate quality music more. If the vocals are harsh, the lyrics will be harder to understand a lot of the time. :p They won't affect you as much, if that's what you're worried about.

Upvote 0

TimmyPage

Jan 8, 2007
Ontario
✟8,139.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I love metal in all its forms from the earliest (Sabbath!), to Maiden and Priest, to all hair and thrash metal, way up to black and death metal of all sorts. I'm listening to Deicide at the moment.. possibly not the greatest music for surfing Christian message boards...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I once met a Christian who told me to stop listening to Led Zeppelin because Satan might possess me through it. 0_o

If you go back a few pages on this forum, you'll see a very long and heated debate involving me and several other members on the topic of whether or not secular music is evil. One member even accused me of not being a Christian AND of being a tool of Satan for listening secular music. When I posted lyrics to positive secular songs to show that some secular stuff is actually good, one person said something like "I don't have to read those lyrics to know the songs are bad because they promote sinful behavior." The songs were "Better Days" by the Goo Goo Dolls and "Crazy" by Simple Plan.

Sorry to rant. I just hate it when people are so judgmental without even knowing what the heck they're talking about.

Upvote 0

Tallerthanatree

Veteran
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
✟10,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you go back a few pages on this forum, you'll see a very long and heated debate involving me and several other members on the topic of whether or not secular music is evil. One member even accused me of not being a Christian AND of being a tool of Satan for listening secular music. When I posted lyrics to positive secular songs to show that some secular stuff is actually good, one person said something like "I don't have to read those lyrics to know the songs are bad because they promote sinful behavior." The songs were "Better Days" by the Goo Goo Dolls and "Crazy" by Simple Plan.

Sorry to rant. I just hate it when people are so judgmental without even knowing what the heck they're talking about.
You should have posted some gore metal lyrics just to mess with his head.

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You should have posted some gore metal lyrics just to mess with his head.

lol. That would've been great, except that he already seemed to think I was the Antichrist because I listened to Led Zeppelin. :p

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2008
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any Black metallers here? I mean real black metal, not that Cradle of Filth rubbish.

I'm from Norway, we have a lot of black metal here. Like dimmu borgir, mayhem, burzum, and so on.

But i guess i'm not supposed to listen to that. Since they have burned some churces down. I think they should respect religion....

Upvote 0

Tallerthanatree

Veteran
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
✟10,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm from Norway, we have a lot of black metal here. Like dimmu borgir, mayhem, burzum, and so on.

But i guess i'm not supposed to listen to that. Since they have burned some churces down. I think they should respect religion....
Well, if thats your personal conviction, then who am I to quesion it, eh?

If you ask me, Norwegian Black Metal is pretty much over. I live in the US, and we have a LOT of good BM bands here, like Xasthur, Leviathan, Wolves In The Throne Room, Inquisition, and others.

Of course, my favorite Black Metal band is Summoning, from Austria. They have Tolkien themed lyrics and havent burned any churches, so I think you should check them out. They're very unique.

Upvote 0