Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
For goodness sake - read what is actually written! Until you show that you can do so I shall ignore your posts.
I have read and I share no understanding of your reasoning. I mention restorationism. A definition is demanded. My definition has not been shown wrong. It is demanded that I source my definition. You then try to justify your skepticism regarding my definition with some haphazard logic that others could be lead to believe I relying on an old outdated definition. What is the purpose of this? What does this contribute?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Revelation is proof that not only does it exist through the ages, but will be alive and well at His return.
Revelation as in the book of or Revelation as in the bible or Revelation as in a private revelation given to someone? What Revelation proves there was a Messianic community living in the 10th century?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Revelation as in the book of or Revelation as in the bible or Revelation as in a private revelation given to someone? What Revelation proves there was a Messianic community living in the 10th century?
It is about the Messianic community surviving as the remnant of her seed.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hence why I said Messianicism has a restorationist character.
I see so you believe that the apostles didn't observe Passover, Sabbath and the other feast days of Adonai? ANYTHING that deviates from that is missing the mark

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I see so you believe that the apostles didn't observe Passover, Sabbath and the other feast days of Adonai? ANYTHING that deviates from that is missing the mark
Restorationist means restoring something to its original form.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
and that is what MJ is doing.

Is meant to be doing, but it is shown on here to be a form of Judaism in and of itself, equal to all the other Judaisms, whereas at its beginning, it was intended to be a catalyst, not another form of Judaism.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Is meant to be doing, but it is shown on here to be a form of Judaism in and of itself, equal to all the other Judaisms, whereas at its beginning, it was intended to be a catalyst, not another form of Judaism.
The spirit is willing, the body of leaders are motivated, the contention for the hearts of believers is strong, and hopefully, Yeshua wins for all our sakes..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
"Until well into the second century [a hundred years after Christ] we do not find the slightest indication in our sources that early followers marked Sunday by any kind of abstention from work." -W .Rordorf, Sunday, p. 157.

"The ancient Sabbath did remain and was observed by the Christians of the Eastern Church [in the area near Palestine] above three hundred years after our Saviour's death." -A Learned Treatise of the Sabbath, p. 77.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Could I have this thread saved in the "pinned" section so that all who happen to run across historical importance to the existence and continuance of various types of "Messianic Judaism" in the early years can have a place for their finds?

• Informative
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have come to believe in the seven churches as congregations birthed as ages as given in the book of Revelation...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

This is not to say the congregations are any certain denomination, but it is to say they came down in time. The first church was Messianic and it existed that way until the Apostle Paul. I believe most churches these days are Laodicean, except for those who have kept their traditions birthed to them in time.

Messianic - I believe the Messianic church was divinely inspired on the day of Pentecost with Saint Peter
Martyr - I believe the early Gentile church was divinely inspired with Saint Paul's conversion
Orthodox - I believe the Orthodox church was divinely inspired with Constantines victory against Rome.
Catholic - I believe the Catholic church was divinely inspired along with the reign of Charlemagne.
Protestant - I believe was divinely inspired with Martin Luther's vision that, "The just shall live by faith."
Wesleyan - Along with other names, I believe began with John Bunyan's, "The Pilgrims Progress"
Laodicea - I believe the Charismatic movement came out of these times. Most people these days could care less about church doctrine.

Seven congregations! Here in the Laodicean church age the Messianics have reformed the first congregation, and I cannot blame them for doing so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have come to believe in the seven churches as congregations birthed as ages as given in the book of Revelation...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

This is not to say the congregations are any certain denomination, but it is to say they came down in time. The first church was Messianic and it existed that way until the Apostle Paul. I believe most churches these days are Laodicean, except for those who have kept their traditions birthed to them in time.

Messianic - I believe the Messianic church was divinely inspired on the day of Pentecost with Saint Peter
Martyr - I believe the early Gentile church was divinely inspired with Saint Paul's conversion
Orthodox - I believe the Orthodox church was divinely inspired with Constantines victory against Rome.
Catholic - I believe the Catholic church was divinely inspired along with the reign of Charlemagne.
Protestant - I believe was divinely inspired with Martin Luther's vision that, "The just shall live by faith."
Wesleyan - Along with other names, I believe began with John Bunyan's, "The Pilgrims Progress"
Laodicea - I believe the Charismatic movement came out of these times. Most people these days could care less about church doctrine.

Seven congregations! Here in the Laodicean church age the Messianics have reformed the first congregation, and I cannot blame them for doing so.

The church existed in a Messianic congregation until the Apostle Paul. And it was clear that the congregations were indeed two at this time, the Messianic founded by Saint Peter, and the Gentile church founded by Saint Paul....

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. - Galatians 2

Some Messianics declare themselves "Non-Pauline" in which they have the right to do. I, however, as a Gentile, delight in the writings of the Apostle Paul. I must say, though that the second congregation is different then the other seven....

Messianic - Messianic congregation beginning with Saint Peter
Martyr - Gentile congregation beginning with Saint Paul
Orthodox - The Orthodox church beginning Constantines victory against Rome.
Catholic - The Catholic church beginning with the reign of Charlemagne.
Protestant - The Protestant church beginning with Martin Luther
Wesleyan - The awakened church beginning with John Bunyan
Laodicea - The Charismatic church time, in which the Messianics pull out to reform the first congregation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The church existed in a Messianic congregation until the Apostle Paul. And it was clear that the congregations were indeed two at this time, the Messianic founded by Saint Peter, and the Gentile church founded by Saint Paul....

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. - Galatians 2

Some Messianics declare themselves "Non-Pauline" in which they have the right to do. I, however, as a Gentile, delight in the writings of the Apostle Paul. I must say, though that the second congregation is different then the other seven....

Messianic - Messianic congregation beginning with Saint Peter
Martyr - Gentile congregation beginning with Saint Paul
Orthodox - The Orthodox church beginning Constantines victory against Rome.
Catholic - The Catholic church beginning with the reign of Charlemagne.
Protestant - The Protestant church beginning with Martin Luther
Wesleyan - The awakened church beginning with John Bunyan
Laodicea - The Charismatic church time, in which the Messianics pull out to reform the first congregation.
The first church was founded by Yeshua's brother, Ya'akov (James).

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have read and I share no understanding of your reasoning. I mention restorationism. A definition is demanded. My definition has not been shown wrong. It is demanded that I source my definition. You then try to justify your skepticism regarding my definition with some haphazard logic that others could be lead to believe I relying on an old outdated definition. What is the purpose of this? What does this contribute?
While the curse runs its course.
Consider 2 chronicles 20

With such a fruit of patience seek after the Shabbat treasure in heaven.

Then as binyamin was beautifully instructed to divided the spoil. Do likewise with gladness and never forget the promised hope of a new garment.
There are twelve pearls like stars given a certain daughter by first born males.
If only 15 tribes were found with Dinah.

Wanna hear a story about armor?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua founded, not Peter or Paul.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0