• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Aleph.beth

Jul 12, 2019
aberdeen
✟10,825.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have messed it up again with my wife.

Just before she was going on a retreat I messed up my last phone call with her. I have messed up recently in other aspects of my relationship with her, by doing the Aspie thing and needing things to be totally clear and explicit.

She is patient and kind and I am making a hash of relating to her, and I am tired of hurting her.

I am not looking for any specific kind of feedback - I just want to put it out there that I am hacked off with myself, and the affects of ASD on this important relationship.

Justified Sinner

Sep 2, 2019
Alabama
Visit site
✟11,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to minimize your frustration with yourself, but we all hurt our spouses in one way or another. I believe being married teaches me about God's love. Not in that I feel his hug, but I recognize His patience with me, when I'm not patient with my wife. When I get mad at my wife because I perceive she has "offended" me. I realize my offense to God is far greater than hers is to me. This helps me control my unfounded anger and frustration.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have messed it up again with my wife.

Just before she was going on a retreat I messed up my last phone call with her. I have messed up recently in other aspects of my relationship with her, by doing the Aspie thing and needing things to be totally clear and explicit.

She is patient and kind and I am making a hash of relating to her, and I am tired of hurting her.

I am not looking for any specific kind of feedback - I just want to put it out there that I am hacked off with myself, and the affects of ASD on this important relationship.
Did your wife know about the Asperger's before you married? If so, she knows what she was getting into. That's grace. She obviously loves you. God knows your problems and loves you anyway. That's grace. May I suggest that you cut yourself some slack? Cast the care of your situation on God, because He cares for you. We all do things that we wish we did not. We need to forgive ourselves. God forgives when we confess. We do not help ourselves if we cannot forgive ourselves. It is needless suffering.

Upvote 0