Mental illness caused by fallen angels (demons)

Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In my past I'd seen and known people with schizophrenia, manic depression.

I myself had suffered with OCD and high anxiety in my past.

If you asked a western medical doctor or professor, I'm sure they'd laugh you out of their presence.

IMO, when I've known people who said they heard voices, telling them what do. I remember one guy I knew, had his eyes rolled up in his head, mumbling.He'd sometimes yell at a wall. Out of concern one time I asked him if he were OK. He said he was, but "it was just these voices " that were driving him crazy.

Another guy I knew told me he had a distinct male voice, telling him to pick the lint off his clothes.

To me, now having some Biblical knowledge, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that all negative emotions, delusions and feelings come from Satan and his other fallen angels. This includes people who've fallen into insanity from what is now deemed "mental illness".

What do you think? I also meant to put a question mark at the end of my title for the thread. Apologize for that.

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you asked a western medical doctor or professor, I'm sure they'd laugh you out of their presence.

If they were compassionate, they would not laugh, no. They would know, it wasn't from demons, of course. That is not the same. Demons, they do not cause mental diseases and disorders, any more than they would cause diabetes, heart attacks, cancer, no.

:prayer: that you do find treatment, that is suitable. CBT, is has had a good rate of success, with OCD. My brother, he had OCD, and it treated him, without pharmaceuticals.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If they were compassionate, they would not laugh, no. They would know, it wasn't from demons, of course. That is not the same. Demons, they do not cause mental diseases and disorders, any more than they would cause diabetes, heart attacks, cancer, no.

:prayer: that you do find treatment, that is suitable. CBT, is has had a good rate of success, with OCD. My brother, he had OCD, and it treated him, without pharmaceuticals.

Well thanks, Blue Wren. I've been down that road with big pharma before.
Their meds are basically just blockers, but never get to the root cause of the problem.

I recall watching a debate between a Christian scientist and Bill Nye on Youtube. The Christian scientist had mentioned that "most of the scientific community is atheistic, so of course they're not going to believe in any evil, demonic spirit.

I'd never heard of CBT. What is it?:confused:

I'm over the OCD problem now I believe. Thanks!;)

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
well demons do cause sickness. If you remember there was a lady who was hunched over for 20 years or so, and Jesus said it was caused by satan, now days doctors would say it is arthritis. So you going to believe a doctor or God? The fact our bodies get sick at all is because of the sin living in our bodies. That is why God said when you eat of that fruit you will die, it was a spiritual and body death as we know now.

So i'll share. I was in a lot of stuff i should not have been into. I was at the top, I drew strength from spirits which I did not know but was deceived. I lost my mind for seven years saw hell and Heaven. I experienced hell with all my senses, and it was very painful at times. I got better when I prayed to God that i no longer wanted it. When i came back i started talking to doctors and therapist, and this might surprise you, but they started tell me to see a priest. I did a lot of drugs as a teenage so I am sure I have some damage from that, but there is also spiritual stuff going on with me which doctors therapist and priest have confirmed. Good doctors will not laugh at what they can not explain, they will refer you to a priest. Not many will admit it is beyond them, but there are doctors out there which understand there is a spiritual world.

blu

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well thanks, Blue Wren. I've been down that road with big pharma before.
Their meds are basically just blockers, but never get to the root cause of the problem.

I recall watching a debate between a Christian scientist and Bill Nye on Youtube. The Christian scientist had mentioned that "most of the scientific community is atheistic, so of course they're not going to believe in any evil, demonic spirit.

I'd never heard of CBT. What is it?:confused:

I'm over the OCD problem now I believe. Thanks!;)

It is my pleasure. I think, pharmaceuticals, they can be appropriate, for some illnesses. Not for all, certainly. Especially in the US, it seems like they are prescribed, too often. This is a true problem, yes.

CBT. That is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It does not involve medication, necessarily. It is very successful, in treating OCD. I am so glad, you do not have OCD any longer! That is great. :clap: Cognitive behavioral therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you talking, about the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye, or another one? :confused: If you are, please know, Ken Ham, he is not a good representation, of most physicians and scientists who are Christian, no.

There are many Christians, who are physicians. I am beginning my studies, to become a doctor, in August. One of the most famous living scientists, in the world, he is a physician, and he is a Christian! :clap: Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe that most cases of mental illness is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain or whatever doctors call it. But it is true that when people are possessed they can act like someone with a mental illness too. But not all mentally ill people are possessed. It's like how a lot of illness have a symptom of a headache or fever, not all symptoms of a headache or fever means the flu, it could be some other illness but people with flu also have those symptoms. Acting crazy and hearing voices is like a fever in the sense that it's a symptom shared by those with real chemical/physical mental illness as well as those who could be possessed. That's why it takes someone with spiritual eyes to discern which one it is. Just because someone acts crazy or is crazy doesn't mean they are possessed. But some people that act crazy could be possessed.

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
well demons do cause sickness. If you remember there was a lady who was hunched over for 20 years or so, and Jesus said it was caused by satan, now days doctors would say it is arthritis. So you going to believe a doctor or God? The fact our bodies get sick at all is because of the sin living in our bodies. That is why God said when you eat of that fruit you will die, it was a spiritual and body death as we know now.

So i'll share. I was in a lot of stuff i should not have been into. I was at the top, I drew strength from spirits which I did not know but was deceived. I lost my mind for seven years saw hell and Heaven. I experienced hell with all my senses, and it was very painful at times. I got better when I prayed to God that i no longer wanted it. When i came back i started talking to doctors and therapist, and this might surprise you, but they started tell me to see a priest. I did a lot of drugs as a teenage so I am sure I have some damage from that, but there is also spiritual stuff going on with me which doctors therapist and priest have confirmed. Good doctors will not laugh at what they can not explain, they will refer you to a priest. Not many will admit it is beyond them, but there are doctors out there which understand there is a spiritual world.

blu

That is interesting to know that some doctors told you to see a priest. Doctors can test and when they don't see physical evidence of mental illness or chemical imbalances to explain things, if they are open minded they should tell someone to seek spiritual help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt Faith

Jul 25, 2010
Connecticut
✟16,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think certain people are more susceptible to developing mental illness than others, but I do believe Satan is behind(at least partially) people developing mental illness. Satan would love nothing more for you to have anxiety, OCD etc. It may not be all Satan's fault that people develop certain disorders, but he is not helping things either.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

blu

True about the story correlating the lady with the hunched back being cured. Jesus then saying it was caused by Satan. We all know everything negative does not come from Almighty God the Father. It comes from Satan and his other fallen comrades.

You went to Heaven and hell. Can you give me an idea of what you saw? Did you see Satan? If so, what did he look like.

My own earthly Dad has bad arthritis. Yes, in his younger years, he did drink heavily, smoke cigarettes and party with his family. He now doesn't smoke or drink anymore. He chalks it up to genetics, and some of his brothers and sisters have arthritis now, as did my Great Grandmother on my Dad's side.

That being said, we all know we pay for sin, believers and unbelievers alike. Only we know who catches our fall when we do sin.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think certain people are more susceptible to developing mental illness than others, but I do believe Satan is behind(at least partially) people developing mental illness. Satan would love nothing more for you to have anxiety, OCD etc. It may not be all Satan's fault that people develop certain disorders, but he is not helping things either.

I see where you're coming from here, Matt! Could these people who are more susceptible to mental sickness, have an inter generational curse, as the Bible states. Could mental illness be a curse from someone who was an unbeliever in someone's ancestry, some generations back, only to manifest itself in future
generations of certain family line?

And oh yes, Satan doesn't want us to be happy. Well, happy in deceiving us into sinning against God. His game is short term pleasure, anger, anxiety, bitterness, hate that comes with a cost.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is my pleasure. I think, pharmaceuticals, they can be appropriate, for some illnesses. Not for all, certainly. Especially in the US, it seems like they are prescribed, too often. This is a true problem, yes.

CBT. That is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It does not involve medication, necessarily. It is very successful, in treating OCD. I am so glad, you do not have OCD any longer! That is great. :clap: Cognitive behavioral therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you talking, about the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye, or another one? :confused: If you are, please know, Ken Ham, he is not a good representation, of most physicians and scientists who are Christian, no.

There are many Christians, who are physicians. I am beginning my studies, to become a doctor, in August. One of the most famous living scientists, in the world, he is a physician, and he is a Christian! :clap: Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks! I don't think every pharmaceutical is bad, no. I needed one not too long ago to alleviate my back pain, after I had re-injured it. So, some can be very effective blockers, but not curers of diseases or afflictions of any kind.

Collins has described his parents as "only nominally Christian" and by graduate school he considered himself an atheist. However, dealing with dying patients led him to question his religious views, and he investigated various faiths. He familiarized himself with the evidence for and against God in cosmology, and used Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis[52] as a foundation to re-examine his religious view. He eventually came to a conclusion, and became an Evangelical Christian during a hike on a fall afternoon. He has described himself as a "serious Christian"

Interesting man, for sure. I hope he stays on the right path.:)

Yes, it was the Ken Ham VS. Bill Nye debate. Why is Ken Ham a bad representation, Blue?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In my past I'd seen and known people with schizophrenia, manic depression.

I myself had suffered with OCD and high anxiety in my past.

IMO, when I've known people who said they heard voices, telling them what do. I remember one guy I knew, had his eyes rolled up in his head, mumbling.He'd sometimes yell at a wall. Out of concern one time I asked him if he were OK. He said he was, but "it was just these voices " that were driving him crazy.

Another guy I knew told me he had a distinct male voice, telling him to pick the lint off his clothes.

To me, now having some Biblical knowledge, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that all negative emotions, delusions and feelings come from Satan and his other fallen angels. This includes people who've fallen into insanity from what is now deemed "mental illness".

What do you think? I also meant to put a question mark at the end of my title for the thread. Apologize for that.

Looks like yall are on the same Mark lectionary our church is :D

Note that Jesus heals some who are demon possessed and others with disabilities, and there is a distinction. I think, like all things, are a product of God's Will and that they all have a purpose to fulfill.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
True about the story correlating the lady with the hunched back being cured. Jesus then saying it was caused by Satan. We all know everything negative does not come from Almighty God the Father. It comes from Satan and his other fallen comrades.

You went to Heaven and hell. Can you give me an idea of what you saw? Did you see Satan? If so, what did he look like.

My own earthly Dad has bad arthritis. Yes, in his younger years, he did drink heavily, smoke cigarettes and party with his family. He now doesn't smoke or drink anymore. He chalks it up to genetics, and some of his brothers and sisters have arthritis now, as did my Great Grandmother on my Dad's side.

That being said, we all know we pay for sin, believers and unbelievers alike. Only we know who catches our fall when we do sin.

everyone thinks they want to know what hell is like until they know. i wish could forget what i know. I guess everyone is curious about what satan looks like. he looks like an angel of light, you would never know how evil he is by looking at him, but the pride he could not hide. I also felt the energy the anti Christ would have and I thought it was Jesus for a long time until God showed me the truth, Jesus actually possess me, then I knew the light I felt was from satan not God, with God's help I can tell the difference, but if you do not have God's help and know the bible real well you would worship this energy as Jesus and never know it was not Jesus.

Trust me you don't want to know what it is like.

Heaven can't be put it into words. what we breath in Heaven is not air, it is like the spirit of God to my understanding, the smell is alive there is nothing like it on earth and can not be described in this world. Everyone has there own smell in Heaven that is great, nothing like it on earth. I did not see really what Heaven look like, I had gone there is dreams and it was just all light, from my understanding there are buildings just like here on earth, people travel by will, just kind of appear where they want to be. But I could be wrong that was just what I gathered. The peace we feel can not be put into words. I guess that is why people don't talk about heaven in this world, you really can not describe it. But hell is so bad it makes the worst life here on earth seem like heaven.

just my understandings.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Looks like yall are on the same Mark lectionary our church is :D

Note that Jesus heals some who are demon possessed and others with disabilities, and there is a distinction. I think, like all things, are a product of God's Will and that they all have a purpose to fulfill.

True, 98C! Although I don't remember Jesus healing anyone with any mental disability. The people who came even close were people who were possessed by demons ( demoniacs) Lord Jesus I recall healing the blind, lepers and some other with physical ailments.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
everyone thinks they want to know what hell is like until they know. i wish could forget what i know. I guess everyone is curious about what satan looks like. he looks like an angel of light, you would never know how evil he is by looking at him, but the pride he could not hide. I also felt the energy the anti Christ would have and I thought it was Jesus for a long time until God showed me the truth, Jesus actually possess me, then I knew the light I felt was from satan not God, with God's help I can tell the difference, but if you do not have God's help and know the bible real well you would worship this energy as Jesus and never know it was not Jesus.

Trust me you don't want to know what it is like.

Heaven can't be put it into words. what we breath in Heaven is not air, it is like the spirit of God to my understanding, the smell is alive there is nothing like it on earth and can not be described in this world. Everyone has there own smell in Heaven that is great, nothing like it on earth. I did not see really what Heaven look like, I had gone there is dreams and it was just all light, from my understanding there are buildings just like here on earth, people travel by will, just kind of appear where they want to be. But I could be wrong that was just what I gathered. The peace we feel can not be put into words. I guess that is why people don't talk about heaven in this world, you really can not describe it. But hell is so bad it makes the worst life here on earth seem like heaven.

just my understandings.

All very interesting, BL! We know that Satan can masquerade as an angel of light. My guess was that in hell, he wouldn't have to disguise himself, and show his true form. I was never quite sure what his true form would be. I didn't think he'd be the beautiful angel he once was. More scary and demonic looking I suppose? Then again, he would have the power to change his appearance, would he not?

There are actual testimonies from people who have claimed to have gone to hell and Heaven, and come back to life. Whether these claims are fraudulent, I really don't know.

Here's a man, Bill Wiese, and his claims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxKRoONrfY

Angelica Zambrano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYpt6FWHyM

Pictures of HELL, an artist draws what she saw in Hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzC9iz34yIM

Mary K. Baxter
Divine Revelation Of Hell Mary K. Baxter on Sid Roth Video | Testimonies Of Heaven And Hell-Life After Death, Near Death Experience

The spirit of the anti-christ we know will deceive a lot of people when he comes onto the scene.

Heaven is where everyone should want to go. If most people would just turn to the Lord, and accept him for who he is, and what he's done for us on the cross. Sadly, a lot will perish, as the Bible states that not everyone will be saved. And even if the above stories are untrue or inaccurate, nobody in their right mind should even want to "take their own chances" in life, full or pride and arrogance without Lord Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, it looks as if most of the world has been blinded by Satan's lies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
True, 98C! Although I don't remember Jesus healing anyone with any mental disability. The people who came even close were people who were possessed by demons ( demoniacs) Lord Jesus I recall healing the blind, lepers and some other with physical ailments.

Good point...that said, we do find topics of "madness" in the Bible that are not necessarily attributed to demonic possession.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nord, I think it is best for Christians to test such things with Scripture, As Scripture says no one can see God, the Father, and live. I personally would never try to stop someone from believing what they saw. Not my place. God can use someone's images in there head to draw them to Him. That is by far the most important thing. We should praise God he does.

As for the subject, there is no possible way for a person today to know someone's disease is demon caused. God gives us doctors to do God's work.

Upvote 0