✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
29, and we get married because women make us.:rolleyes:

To answer your questions I wouldn't necessarily say I want to get married, it's not this burning desire or anything of the sort. But if it makes sense to do it then I don't have an issue with it. I don't necessarily find being married more attractive than being single. I think marriage would change my life in a way that is neutral at best. I don't see my life being better because I am married, I'm already happy. But if I meet the right woman and its something that makes sense then I'm for it.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I want to be married so I have a trusted companion always by my side. Someone I can rely on. Someone who I can spend time with. The same person I can be in bed with (sleeping and not, mhm....). I think it is honorable to be someone's husband. Someone that looks to me for help and guidance and encouragement knowing I will always give it. Someone to be with at home every night just hanging with one another, watching shows, talking, having tea. Someone to always hold.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Also I will say that the majority of men and women do not have seperate reasons for being married if by seperate someone means unalike and unrelated, but complimentary ones given we are both seeking one to be spiritually and physically one personhood with. Man complimenting the woman and her desires, woman complimenting the man and his desires; in unison.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I want a companion who I can love and take care of and be close to. Someone I can share all of myself with, my likes, my passions, my goals, my beliefs. Someone who wants to understand me and is capable of understanding me. A partner with whom I can make a home and a family and who knows what else. Someone who wants to do all those things with me as well, because marriage is a two way street.

Reactions: Note
Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Q: How old are you
A: 50

Q: And what about marriage is more attractive than being single?
A: I like being single better but when you find "the one" then you have to accept it.

Q: How do you think it would change your life?
A: It means i need to work harder to support both of us.

Q: Why do you want to be married?
A: Because being without her hurts.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
Q: How old are you
A: 50

Q: And what about marriage is more attractive than being single?
A: I like being single better but when you find "the one" then you have to accept it.

Q: How do you think it would change your life?
A: It means i need to work harder to support both of us.

Q: Why do you want to be married?
A: Because being without her hurts.

That 4th one is a great comment.

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
25, tbh i dont really want to get married. A relationship on thatlevel requires a kind of communication where you are each open to eachothers feelings. My feelings are usually joy, or sorrow and despair thiers not much inbetween for me. And honestly I dpnt really want to bog down another person with that. Probably why ive never had a serious relationship in the first place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 34 and I love the idea of having that one special person in your life. My grandparents are my role models. They raised me through a lot of the turmoil and mess my parents put me through. They were married for nearly 75 years. They were always adorable to each other, would wink at each other. That's true love and something I've always desired.

I have a strong desire for children. To raise Godly children and be a family that serves God together is the ultimate dream. I also have a strong desire for intimacy, physical and emotional. Someone to laugh with and travel wherever our hearts take us. Have someone to love and serve.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created a man for a woman for a lifetime of joy, happiness, fulfilment, and commitment. That is God’s purpose for marriage. Marriage as God intended it, is in the context of a total commitment to self-giving, forgiveness, and fulfilment. Marriage as God intended it, is in the context of a marital covenant for a long-life companionship. Marriage as God intended it, is for a man and a woman to compliment and support each other for life.

The Bible refers to the church as “the Bride of Christ,” giving real definition to the fact that the church is only the church if it is madly in love with the bridegroom. All of these is basically telling us that the church and its focus is one person – Jesus Christ. In a similar sense, I find that I’m lost for words to think that it is possible to be with someone who will be dedicated to me and I to her for the rest of our earthly life.

When you try to put two people together, so that they become one, it is impossible without the power of God and the grace of God and the power of God’s Holy Spirit. I once took note of the following amazing quote:

“You may not know it but, you haven’t been planning for a wedding all these years, you’ve been planning for a miracle, the miracle that occurs when God takes two people and makes them one.”– Roma Downey, in Touched by an Angel.

It’s only by the power of God that two distinct personalities, two sets of likes and dislikes, two sets of emotions, two sets of characteristic, two sets of temperament, and two sets of wills can be made one.

I once wanted to write a blog just about Ruth Graham, and it was impossible for me not to write about Billy too. To me that really says a lot about what’s it means to be ONE.

https://femiroyalblog.com/2017/07/15/ruth-billy-graham/

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm 26 but I'm choosing not to pursue romance. It's not feasible for someone in my situation and I don't want to risk creating an autistic child who will suffer as much as I did. I think the whole marriage thing will just end in disaster and I've accepted that it's just another one of those things in life I'm not allowed to have.
Tbh the fear of creating a autistic offspring weighs on me as well, im not sure i could handle it.

Upvote 0

Serbian_W0lf

Apr 24, 2018
NY
✟21,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
boring to live alone. i want kids. i want to experiance how it is to feel love beetween a man and women. its also good with having a wife because of economic reasons so we both can pay the bills and if you get sick its good to have wife and kids so they can help me. and ofcourse sex...

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was a child, I wanted to be married when I got older so that I could be loved and not feel so alone in this world.

When I aged a bit, I wanted to be married because I wanted to have physical desires met.

When I was in my late twenties, I wanted to be married, in part to be loved, in part for the physical desires, to have a helper in life and because it's what you do, fall in love get married and have a kid.

After so many years of trying to make it happen or make relationships work and simply giving up. Not in an angry way like a child screaming in frustration of not getting my way throwing a tantrum but not truly meaning the words.

Now, I want to be a husband to be a leader, to be a comforter, a provider of love, of support, of service in every way in which the Lord enables me to do so. Without reserve, without hesitation. I never would be able to love in such a way IF I hadnt let go of the past, both disappointments and pains. Forgive, let go and be thankful for the things God wants me to have, instead of worrying about the things He didnt create me to have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm in my early 40s. Here are some of my reasons for wanting to marry:

- Simply put, there are women that I find incredibly attractive. Not just physically, but emotionally and intellectually. Although I don't meet many like this, the knowledge that such women exist gives me hope. They aren't perfect, and neither am I, but our flaws are similar enough that our imperfections aren't a big deal and can even be endearing.

- For as long as I can remember, it's something that I've envisioned as being a part of my life. My parents, along with most of my extended family, are happily married. That's what I'm looking for. Not just marriage for the sake of marriage, but one that's realistic and mutually appealing.

- I've always thought it might be nice to have a biological kid or two, but that will be something for the two of us to decide later on. I think I'd be a good father. It's worth pointing out that although I don't date single moms, I wouldn't necessarily rule out somebody who can't conceive.

- I have a lot of "married man knowledge" tucked away in this single brain of mine. Stuff that I learned from my dad and other positive male figures in my life. Things that can help married relationships work that I don't get to use often enough.

- Being able to share a hobby or two with my spouse, or enjoy simple activities together, would be fun. Maybe we could ride bikes, throw a frisbee around, go to concerts, play music together, etc. I would also encourage her to pursue pastimes and develop her own talents.

- In some ways, I live my life like I already am married. Adding companionship to the mix seems like a natural progression.

Upvote 0