Men, do you feel comfortable in the role of leader?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I would add that I think great leaders also know that there are times when the best way to lead is actually to follow.

I respectfully disagree.

Leadership is accountability, responsibility, and sacrifice, not a privilege. You might be thinking of politicians running after high positions pretending to be accountable with their empty promises but only in it for the privilege.

In an honest and selfless venture, leadership is pure accountability, responsibility, and facing a world of pain. So if you are a great leader then by all means, lead. This is not a time for hiding anymore. The world is mighty tired of leaders with no backbone already!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
On nice guys:

Unless deliberately breaking the pattern, people often replicate their childhood environments. Many find comfort in the familiar. If a woman's father treated her mother badly, that becomes her impression of manliness. Although she may say she doesn't like it (and mean it!), to her the abuse is comfortable. Or maybe she feels unworthy of better treatment. Either way, she doesn't know what to make of a truly nice guy. She finds the concept alien and confusing.

Let's say a man from a caring family falls for a beautiful woman whose father beat her mother. The woman may push the caring man away because, according to her, he isn't masculine enough unless he exhibits similar tendencies. After all, if he was a real man he wouldn't care so much.

Of course, he may not really "care so much" as he was simply raised that way. It's just the bare-bones status quo for him. He doesn't expect to woo her with his common decency, but he may expect her to be cordial. After all, that's what he's used to, and something he's looking for in a partner.

You won't find many men who, when confronted with the idea that they're "too nice", ever thought being a wimp or lacking a spine was virtuous. Not unless they're a little slow on the uptake. Most boys are raised with the idea that strength of character and bravery are good things, and make it part of their identity as men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Title of thread-
"Men, do you feel comfortable in the role of leader?"

Saying the same thing as- men, are you really being a Christian and following what the Lord tells you to do in Scripture"

As for me, yup, very comfortable being a leader as I am called by the Lord to do. simple as the Bible teaches, I follow the Lord's Holy Word.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Title of thread-
"Men, do you feel comfortable in the role of leader?"

Saying the same thing as- men, are you really being a Christian and following what the Lord tells you to do in Scripture"

As for me, yup, very comfortable being a leader as I am called by the Lord to do. simple as the Bible teaches, I follow the Lord's Holy Word.

Not all Christians are called to leadership. There are some called to prayer and service. So just following scripture doesn't mean that you are a leader.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unless you want to marry a feminist, then don't be looking to feminist articles or opinions to understand how to treat a woman.

And I think this actually backs that even feminists want a man that leads and doesn't follow them instead of a "yes man" who just does whatever they want. They are just starting from a different worldview. The men that do whatever they want are the ones they call "too nice".
Yeah, most feminists strike me as hyper feminine. I don't like how many of them carry out themselves but they seem like a great candidate for studying the female mind.

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like for my future husband to know that once we marry, he will be the ‘Leader’ of the family, and will love me just as Christ loves us. If he is truly submitting to God, then I need not worry about his “leadership style” as it will come from God.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, most feminists strike me as hyper feminine. I don't like how many of them carry out themselves but they seem like a great candidate for studying the female mind.

Leave feminists alone. They're far too blinded by bitterness towards men.

I could sympathize with their cause but they're just too bitter to realize not all men are the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Leave feminists alone. They're far too blinded by bitterness towards men.

I could sympathize with their cause but they're just too bitter to realize not all men are the same.
I don't really think being "bitter" has a lot to do with them.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Why? When most women do not think like a feminist... Never study the extreme to understand the moderate or the other extreme. I am repulsed by much of what those who are classified as feminists believe. I find nothing feminine about the feminists but rather see them as women who seem to want to be men ... and not women who just want to be considered equal as humans with men.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not all Christians are called to leadership. There are some called to prayer and service. So just following scripture doesn't mean that you are a leader.

You seem to misinterpret many of my posts. I said nothing of all Christians being called to leadership. I did quote that men are called to be the leader of the woman and family as scripture tells us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You seem to misinterpret many of my posts. I said nothing of all Christians being called to leadership. I did quote that men are called to be the leader of the woman and family as scripture tells us.

Where does the Bible say that men are called to be leaders over women they are not married to?

Upvote 0

Orange Crow

Aug 16, 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There have been a lot of posts about women submitting to their husbands. My question is how many single men feel comfortable in the role as leader. This means stepping up when there is conflict and taking an active role in finding a fair solution instead of just avoiding conflict. Do you practice leading in your daily life...at your job (within the scope of your role), your family (as in parental & sibling family), and in your church? What kind of things are you doing to increase your experience leading?

Do women see you as a leader who will protect them and their someday children?

I am not in a position yet to answer that because I'm still single, but it would be the position I'd absolutely prefer to be in, that leadership role. At the same time I don't know if I would be able to be a fully accountable, truthful, leader yet because of things that happened in the past. I want to be 'on top' of all the things in my life first, so that those things are not leading me in any way. Once I've got control over my own life (while, of course, I'm not perfect) I think I'll be able to be in that role.
I've got to put my own life on the tracks first before I can add someone else to the train. lol.

Part of me not being able to be in the role right now might be because of insecurities and lies that I (mostly) used to believe.

I do think there will be the right time for me once I'm ready though, but I'm thankful that I've been given time to first build up myself before I can build up and lead others.
So I'm not really practicing leading a lot in my life right now, I do take up my role and I am doing what I'm responsible for what I have got in this time.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why? When most women do not think like a feminist... Never study the extreme to understand the moderate or the other extreme. I am repulsed by much of what those who are classified as feminists believe. I find nothing feminine about the feminists but rather see them as women who seem to want to be men ... and not women who just want to be considered equal as humans with men.

How are modern feminists not feminine? They have victim (masochism) complexes, they demand safe spaces and trigger warnings and they want men to be accountable for everything. It is quite clear to me that female feminists want to be perceived as children. Why is being childlike regulated to being feminine? Women on average are more neotenous than men. Neoteny being the retaining of child like physical features. This most likely extends psychologically too.

Modern feminism is nothing more than a fraud. A movement that claims they are progressive but actually regressive in reality. Cognitive dissonance where women want the freedom of being a man with the safety and protection of being a woman.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can spot a hypocritical feminist when they use the term "manbaby". The term "womanbaby" isn't used because women are more neotenous than men and women acting like babies isn't as transgressive as a man who does. The fact that many feminists like to use "manbaby" but not "womanbaby" speaks volumes about how serious they are in abolishing gender roles.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feminists, racist, sexist.... etc.

Let stupid wallow in stupid.... if you fight with them you only end up getting some of it on you. I got better things to do in life than to try and change the minds of the small minded, those that think something as shallow as gender or race determines a persons worth.

IF they are willing to listen, then yes you take the time to show them their error, but otherwise their foolishness will not allow them to hear anything you say.

To spend your time worrying about one group or another, all you do is give them control over your life, cause if you are complaining about them or focused on them, you aren't living your life as you are far to concerned with them to focus on anything else.

To sum it all up.....

tumblr_lyt3rfboEt1qhigt0o1_500.gif

They either grow you or own you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,677.00
Faith
Christian
Me, well I shoot straight. Possibly too straight. I often lose friends and majorly hack people off with my opinions and life views. I think I need to actually tone down a couple of a hundred pegs and soften up a bit. One can be too assertive...

That said, I'm liberal, I'm very much a maverick, and really couldn't care less about women 'submitting' to me. I'd rather they went out into the big wide world and LIVED, but I can't control anyone.

In short, I'd be a terrible husband - ha ha! Not to be self deprecating, but I lack the mentality of one.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think women like jerks and a--h either. Nice guys can be jerks too. Women can only like jerks for their money but divorce is not far fetched.

A bad boy attitude is more of a "raw nature" kind of thing. Less talk, more action, less sophistication, more raw attitude. But not all are "bad-bad". Some are actually a nice person deep inside - once you get to know them closely.

The women I speak with say they hate "vanilla" men. Vanilla men being those who are nice guys even if they're not pushovers and stand up for themselves. Some even said that they like imagining punching such men in the face.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,677.00
Faith
Christian
The women I speak with say they hate "vanilla" men. Vanilla men being those who are nice guys even if they're not pushovers and stand up for themselves. Some even said that they like imagining punching such men in the face.

I think they need the punch to the face. Life's too short to be a conformist, and even shorter to carry yourself with any sort of inhibition.

I think it should be in everybody's interest to make some sort of contribution to the world before they go. One that's completely unique to them. There's a lot of vanilla out there, but not a lot of bacon fried millionaires shortbread with salted lemon and cotton candy puree...

... Probably a good thing, that combo would be shocking.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I avoid conflict. I don't create conflict. If it should arise and it be directed towards me, I'll fight it. I have no desire for family or really even a partner at this point but I'd rather have a woman who made all the decisions versus me if I was to get into a relationship.

Upvote 0