Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed that you don't like your plan but call it great.
I have a Taft-Hartley plan, it’s union insurance, not employer provided insurance. Since I work for the union, in my case my employer does provide it, but that is a unique situation. 99.9% of the people in the health trust are union-represented workers and their employers have no control over the insurance, they simply must pay into the plan per their union contract.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They will, however, still ruin your credit for you.
You can recover that wait it out credit can recover. In fact, filing bankruptacy today is actually one of the quickest ways to get better credit. This is because once you file you may not file again for a matter of years, so after just a year or two you will find it easier to get credit.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As Millennials are experiencing it, "keep good employees and make it less likely they will change jobs" is not a goal of employers anymore. They don't see--and I don't see it for them, either--a future where they can get a good job in a good company and keep it for life because employers are no longer interested in that.

The "gig economy" is the real world for them. Working specifically to improve their resumes and having to change jobs to get a raise is the real world for them.

In their world, a portable insurance program is far more inviting.
I am confused then it would seem that employers would STILL want to keep the best employees,

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can recover that wait it out credit can recover. In fact, filing bankruptacy today is actually one of the quickest ways to get better credit. This is because once you file you may not file again for a matter of years, so after just a year or two you will find it easier to get credit.

Umm, no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am confused then it would seem that employers would STILL want to keep the best employees,

Except...they don't. At least they don't set up their corporation with an upgrade path for employees. Now, if someone wants to be given continually more work for the same pay and steadily declining benefits with no pension, yeah, they're happy to keep that employee.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no you can not recover credit?

The bankruptcy will be on record for seven years after it's fully discharged (there are usually still creditors who will have to receive some amount of repayment), and that will chase away any other potential creditors.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Except...they don't. At least they don't set up their corporation with an upgrade path for employees. Now, if someone wants to be given continually more work for the same pay and steadily declining benefits with no pension, yeah, they're happy to keep that employee.
so basically it would seem that they want to keep good employees, but they do not set up their companies in ways that make that likely?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The bankruptcy will be on record for seven years after it's fully discharged (there are usually still creditors who will have to receive some amount of repayment), and that will chase away any other potential creditors.
Yes, it stays on your record because you cannot file again for a period of years ( which in some ways would make you a BETTER credit risk; because they do not have to worry about you using a chapter seven to not pay them anything. Bankruptency law. However, even if creditors do not want to loan to you for seven years that still means that at the concludion of seven years you can recover.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I paid into Medicare for over 40 years, I still pay Medicare premiums, and I have necessary supplemental insurance.

If everyone was able to buy in to Medicare at an appropriate cost, I suppose that the system might work. However, the buy-ins would be many trillions of dollars, and many couldn't afford the costs.

Happens magically when people turn 65. Too bad we don't have the technology other developed countries use to make this happen to younger people. Maybe we can license it from them or something.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it stays on your record because you cannot file again for a period of years ( which in some ways would make you a BETTER credit risk; because they do not have to worry about you using a chapter seven to not pay them anything. Bankruptency law. However, even if creditors do not want to loan to you for seven years that still means that at the concludion of seven years you can recover.

What you said was:

In fact, filing bankruptacy today is actually one of the quickest ways to get better credit. This is because once you file you may not file again for a matter of years, so after just a year or two you will find it easier to get credit.

And to that I said, and say, "Umm, no."

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0