Maybe Just a Little Extreme Over-Reaction?

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your first example:
"Yesterday, a district court ruled that the federal government may no longer display a 43-foot Latin cross on Mt. Soledad in San Diego, California."

Good.
The Federal Government is constitutionally prohibited from establishing one religion over another.

This is not an example as you said of "christians being denied the right to display a cross."
The federal Government is not Christian.

Your next example is freedom of speech, another constitutionally established freedom being upheld.

Neither example is evidence of anyone's freedom to worship the way they choose being denied as you erroneously claimed.

We all have the right of freedom of speech, you do not have the right to speak your mind in absence of and protected from someone with an opposing opinion speaking their mind, even in your face..

That would be Christian Sharia Law...and perhaps that's what you want.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Your first example:
"Yesterday, a district court ruled that the federal government may no longer display a 43-foot Latin cross on Mt. Soledad in San Diego, California."

Good.
The Federal Government is constitutionally prohibited from establishing one religion over another.

This is not an example as you said of "christians being denied the right to display a cross."
The federal Government is not Christian.

Your next example is freedom of speech, another constitutionally established freedom being upheld.

Neither example is evidence of anyone's freedom to worship the way they choose being denied as you erroneously claimed.

We all have the right of freedom of speech, you do not have the right to speak your mind in absence of and protected from someone with an opposing opinion speaking their mind, even in your face..

That would be Christian Sharia Law...and perhaps that's what you want.
IF you don't believe that Christians are losing freedom.. I can't help you.
Especially if you are a Christian Caucasian male.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"Straight pride" is really just silly anyway.

As for the cross, a Christian group should try to buy it and keep it there if it's that important to their community. It's been done before.
A poster asked for examples of where Christians rights are being withheld. How can you hold a "Gay Pride" parade, with all the press coverage and allow the participants to carry out acts that would be illegal any other day of the week... yet let these same people protest a "Straight Pride" parade. ( I know it's silly... but so is a "gay pride" parade... really)

As for the cross... it was fought in a court and mandated to come down...

Your country and mine were founded on Christian ideals..... this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A poster asked for examples of where Christians rights are being withheld. How can you hold a "Gay Pride" parade, with all the press coverage and allow the participants to carry out acts that would be illegal any other day of the week... yet let these same people protest a "Straight Pride" parade. ( I know it's silly... but so is a "gay pride" parade... really)

Your country and mine were founded on Christian ideals..... this is just the tip of the iceberg.
in June 30th of this year New York City held it's annual gay pride parade. Can you identify the illegal acts that took place as part of the parade?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
in June 30th of this year New York City held it's annual gay pride parade. Can you identify the illegal acts that took place as part of the parade?
No, I cannot.. I wasn't there.
However, the parade in Toronto was covered by the local media and the pictures showed events of lewd behavior, exposed genitalia, open use of alcohol and drugs, and other things that people, on any other day of the week, could be arrested for.

At the same time, there were children present.. while people were doing things that would be equivalent to an "R" rated movie.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In the end, I really have no say or concern about what goes on between two consenting adults... That's their right...

As long as nobody, in the relationship, is being abused.
As long as impressionable children are being exposed to things that no kid should be exposed to,

However, this is a small portion of the overall population. They, however have demanded everyone else to accept their way as "normal".
Now we have the demand for the largest portion of the populace to conform to that of a small minority...call them by all these weird pronouns or face their wrath..

I get it. They are humans and God loves them. They should not be abused or treated without dignity.. but.....don't try to teach their way as normal and encourage young children to accept all this as normal.

Kids have enough problems growing up.

Biblically... it is stated that "It will be as it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah"

Does this seem to be close?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If you can't show actual examples of this happening, I can't help you either.

And by the way, Christians (and all peoples) have never had the freedom not to be offended... So you being offended does not count as you "losing a freedom" which seems to be the crux of your argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As well it should have been. There is a constitutional prohibition against the Government establishing one religion over another.. and that prohibition is for yours and my protection, because one day it might be an Islamic crescent and star that the Government wrongly displays... and are you going to take the same position then? no. of course not.

Your country and mine were founded on Christian ideals.....

Possibly, but it is not, nor was it founded to be a Christian Theocracy, as much as you seem to hope it becomes.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you can't show actual examples of this happening, I can't help you either.

And by the way, Christians (and all peoples) have never had the freedom not to be offended... So you being offended does not count as you "losing a freedom" which seems to be the crux of your argument.
Where did I ever say anything about being "offended"?

I am the last person you would ever hear saying that I was "offended".... So.. you bit off the wrong piece to chew on....nice try though....

I actually get offended at how easily people get offended...

However,, Taking the bible out of everything..... is not offensive... it's down right religious discrimination.

And... again... if you cannot see this happening... and examples are everywhere... I don't need to post them... then I cannot help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As well it should have been. There is a constitutional prohibition against the Government establishing one religion over another.. and that prohibition is for yours and my protection, because one day it might be an Islamic crescent and star that the Government wrongly displays... and are you going to take the same position then? no. of course not.

Possibly, but it is not, nor was it founded to be a Christian Theocracy, as much as you seem to hope it becomes.
No, there is not a government mandate over establishing one religion over the other.. there is a right to "religious freedom" for all religions..

Just try to get the government to take down something that is Muslim, Scientology or any other... you will get hammered with the fact that there is religious freedom.

In fact.. there is only religious freedom for all religions, including Satanism, but not Christians.

I could care less if they put up a Islamic Crescent and star.. I have no problem with any person worshiping any other way or god that they want to...

What I do have a problem with.. is people hurting others.. for any reason...
AND when they start hurting people because of their religious beliefs.. it just falls under the "hurting people is wrong".. religion or not.

If people are "offended" GAG... by any of these religious symbols.. cross or star... then they need to suck it up.

I really hate that term...."offended"....

Far as I'm concerned... if something is not damaging your property or any person.. or the environment... why do you care?

Start telling me that I cannot put up a cross.... now I have a problem.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, I cannot.. I wasn't there.
However, the parade in Toronto was covered by the local media and the pictures showed events of lewd behavior, exposed genitalia, open use of alcohol and drugs, and other things that people, on any other day of the week, could be arrested for.

At the same time, there were children present.. while people were doing things that would be equivalent to an "R" rated movie.
Were you at Toronto's pride parade?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the end, I really have no say or concern about what goes on between two consenting adults... That's their right...

As long as nobody, in the relationship, is being abused.
As long as impressionable children are being exposed to things that no kid should be exposed to,

However, this is a small portion of the overall population. They, however have demanded everyone else to accept their way as "normal".
Now we have the demand for the largest portion of the populace to conform to that of a small minority...call them by all these weird pronouns or face their wrath..

I get it. They are humans and God loves them. They should not be abused or treated without dignity.. but.....don't try to teach their way as normal and encourage young children to accept all this as normal.

Kids have enough problems growing up.

Biblically... it is stated that "It will be as it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah"

Does this seem to be close?
Truthfully. it sounds like you are talking about evangelicals

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Truthfully. it sounds like you are talking about evangelicals
Sorry, don't know what you mean by this statement.

Maybe you could clarify it a bit. Do you have animosity toward those trying to spread the word of God?... "evangelicals"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, don't know what you mean by this statement.
anything you said in post #129 can be appleid to evangelicals. I didn't think it was such a hard concept to understand.

Maybe you could clarify it a bit. Do you have animosity toward those trying to spread the word of God?... "evangelicals"?
no more animosity than you have to LGBT's

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am a Christian Caucasian male and I have lost absolutely none of my freedoms granted under the US CONSTITUTION.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
so you can't point to any of these supposed illegal acts.
Oh, I guess I had to be there? No, there was quite extensive coverage from the local media... videos and print......and a common comment from people is.. "That would be illegal any other day"...

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
anything you said in post #129 can be appleid to evangelicals. I didn't think it was such a hard concept to understand.

no more animosity than you have to LGBT's
I don't have any issue with them...

However, their lifestyle, as indicated in the bible, is a sin.

Is being an evangelical sinful?

Upvote 0