Private
✟18,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im not going to get into detail, but I have a severity of depression, anxiety, stress, anger and paranoia. I’m so, so, so sick, you have no idea because you don’t see me at home. It’s making me want to end my life.

But the only thing that’s keeping me from ending it is every time I feel the wanting to, I feel Christ’s presence with me. I even see the number 333. And well actually another reason is I feel God has a big plan for me, but I don’t know what.

I asked Him before, and I heard “missionary” but I’m not good at expressing what I want to express. I don’t know what to do.

I just really want this pain to end, it’s keeping me from being closer to God. Please help.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
You're not alone. Confidential help is available for free.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Call 1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours everyday
Listen friend, We are here for you and we do care. I am praying right now in Jesus name for strength.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
25 At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11 ESV
Im not going to get into detail, but I have a severity of depression, anxiety, stress, anger and paranoia. I’m so, so, so sick, you have no idea because you don’t see me at home. It’s making me want to end my life.

But the only thing that’s keeping me from ending it is every time I feel the wanting to, I feel Christ’s presence with me. I even see the number 333. And well actually another reason is I feel God has a big plan for me, but I don’t know what.

I asked Him before, and I heard “missionary” but I’m not good at expressing what I want to express. I don’t know what to do.

I just really want this pain to end, it’s keeping me from being closer to God. Please help.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2018
Private
✟18,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you feel so down friend? Christ is with you and He certainly doesn't want you to give into satan's lies and deception

I have a severe chemical imbalance, that’s why im so down. I think, even though I have a Bible, buying a study Bible and studying would help.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a severe chemical imbalance, that’s why im so down. I think, even though I have a Bible, buying a study Bible and studying would help.
I would love to help you if you are interested? You can private message me anytime and we can study together.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you not study regularly? I try to study everyday and like Eph 6:10-18 says, We need to build ourselves up in the armor or we will get weak. Like your cell phone, We need to re-charge often to work properly

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How old are you? I know of few people in this generation who haven't gone through deep lows of depression & stress & anxiety in their teenage years.

Speaking as a psychology major, I can tell you that the solution to your problems is heavily dependent on who you are, your own situations, people around you, etc. However, a few general things that are repeatedly proven to help:

--Exercise: The relationship between the physical & the mental is so often undervalued. The brain is a physical structure, and getting heart rate increased really fuels the brain, releases positive neurotransmitters, and does a whole host of cool things that are really interesting from a psychological perspective, all of which lead to mood elevation & stability.

--Variety: Whatever you're doing, do something different. Try cooking a new, simple recipe; take a drive to a lake you haven't seen before; read a new kind of book, watch an exciting movie, do things to kick you out of a narrow thought process.

--Talk with people: About anything. Depending on the person, you may want to tell them about your struggles, and I pray that you find someone you can have this discussion with. However, even if it's just about cars, or hockey, or cats, or any topic that interests you, being with good people is a very useful tool.

--Anything that gives you a sense of accomplishment: The notion of wanting to die is logically founded on the notion that we aren't doing much while alive. Everything I do is wrong; nobody likes me; I'm worthless; find something to fight for, and put your heart & soul into it.

As I was writing this, I saw you say it's from a chemical imbalance. I worked with a girl over the summer who had the same situation; every morning, she woke up with depression. She is the most Christian girl I know (only 15!), considering becoming a nun, and wants to be an elementary school counselor for kids with depression & anxiety. Thank God for what you're going through; it's hard, but I promise He'll reveal some blessings when you say "I don't know why, but thank you." She's using her situation for incredible things; if you're being called to be a missionary, that'll accomplish everything I put on this list, and fulfilling your calling from God is the best way to find accomplishment.

God be with you; thank you for being brave enough to post your situation in this forum.

Upvote 0

Sound Doctrine

Endure Sound Doctrine
Site Supporter
May 31, 2018
Eastern Time Zone US
✟163,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Desiring suicide comes from Satan. Put on the full armor of God to fight. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. This is done by calling on the Lord Jesus. I am feeling a lot of depression myself, and am in a fight to get out of this funk. Notwithstanding, what I tell you is true. We (myself included) get self-centered and need to be God-centered.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

But the only thing that’s keeping me from ending it is every time I feel the wanting to, I feel Christ’s presence with me.

And I will pray that Christ's presence be continually upon you by the Holy Spirit, friend. Please, hang in there.:angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My friend within a short time much love and sound advice has been given.
I think that is just great.
I love you're avatar, it represents truth and hope.
My friend you are never alone.
I will also keep you in my prayers.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus .

Upvote 0

StrivingFollower

Oct 20, 2017
South
✟35,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suffer from a disorder similar to schizophrenia, so i know this feeling very well. But living with this for many years, i know i've developed an incredible toughness over time even if i fall back to hopeless thinking at times. That's why God lets these things happen, you gradually get wiser and stronger but you have to be patient and know that God is always with you even when you barely feel him.

He's giving you strength from time to time that's why you're still alive and can continue living, and you have to always be praying thanks for every little thing to begin appreciating this. Forget about how much joy you feel and try to know that even the smallest gifts are special.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2018
Private
✟18,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all. My dad often tells me the reason I feel so negative and sick is because of my partner’s family. They say snide remarks when I’m with them, which is very rare because hey never try to see me. They make me feel not good enough for my partner. They ignore my existence. They’re mainly why I’m feeling so depressed, the other part is my chemical imbalance.

Maybe I want to die because I feel trapped in my relationship... and the chemical imbalance.

I’m sorry, I’m just very, very sick and his family doesn’t seem to understand it.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you all. My dad often tells me the reason I feel so negative and sick is because of my partner’s family. They say snide remarks when I’m with them, which is very rare because hey never try to see me. They make me feel not good enough for my partner. They ignore my existence. They’re mainly why I’m feeling so depressed, the other part is my chemical imbalance.

Maybe I want to die because I feel trapped in my relationship... and the chemical imbalance.

I’m sorry, I’m just very, very sick and his family doesn’t seem to understand it.
Do not feel that you have to apologize friend. Everyone here is fighting a battle of some kind so we understand and are sympathetic

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm so sorry I'm praying for you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Clinical depression IS a chemical imbalance.

There are meds for this.

I know, because I suffer from CD, too.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im not going to get into detail, but I have a severity of depression, anxiety, stress, anger and paranoia

Are you under the care of a psychiatrist? As someone who suffers from both bipolar illness and OCD, I can relate, especially to the depression, anxiety, and paranoia. I will pray for you but I am quite concerned over your emotional and mental state.

• Friendly
Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2018
Private
✟18,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you under the care of a psychiatrist? As someone who suffers from both bipolar illness and OCD, I can relate, especially to the depression, anxiety, and paranoia. I will pray for you but I am quite concerned over your emotional and mental state.
I’m under the care of a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner and a therapist.

Upvote 0

StrivingFollower

Oct 20, 2017
South
✟35,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does not judge like people do. He knows every single bit of difficulty you're going through. He doesn't have the same standards for you as he would a mentally healthy person. I used to panic in prayers. I was good at focusing when i prayed sometimes and i was so pleased with myself maintaining faith throughout a prayer. But my disorder got worse and i couldn't pray like that anymore. And i felt down about it. But now my approach is different.

If I wobble in my prayer, i tell myself, "who cares about this little wobble? God can lift me to fight again this next moment and not dwell on any little flaws of mine." All God wants is for you to grow in the best way you can. To always fight and not defeat yourself.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0