What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do, but would you believe that my church is sponsering Superbowl parties?:clap: The pastor made dvd's of a short message to play during halftime, for people to play for their unchurched friends during the game. I have enver been to oine, but I have heard they are very successful. Me, I'll just be slinging all kinds of munchies, beer, soda and the like!:doh:

I hope your day goes ok grammybear and that you get nice and happy superbowl fans buying munchies :D

Oh and your church sounds cool! My church did something similiar one year. They rented a couple of big screen t.v.'s and set them up in our gym and they rented a whole bunch of couches and recliners and all the guys were there watching the game and then the ladies were in the fellowship hall chatting and laughing and playing board games etc.

It was fabulous!!! LOL! ^_^ But I did sneek over and hang with the guys for a while cause I wanted to see the game :D

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I do, but would you believe that my church is sponsering Superbowl parties?:clap: The pastor made dvd's of a short message to play during halftime, for people to play for their unchurched friends during the game. I have enver been to oine, but I have heard they are very successful. Me, I'll just be slinging all kinds of munchies, beer, soda and the like!:doh:
My single's church is having one too. I'll probably bring my dd and my textbooks and go. My dd has extra credit homework related to the game?????? I've never seen that before. My son doesn't even know who's playing and isn't interested. He's making my uncle watch Total Recall with him right now.

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hope your day goes ok grammybear and that you get nice and happy superbowl fans buying munchies :D

Oh and your church sounds cool! My church did something similiar one year. They rented a couple of big screen t.v.'s and set them up in our gym and they rented a whole bunch of couches and recliners and all the guys were there watching the game and then the ladies were in the fellowship hall chatting and laughing and playing board games etc.

It was fabulous!!! LOL! ^_^ But I did sneek over and hang with the guys for a while cause I wanted to see the game :D

It went well! About the the the game started, the store was deserted! We didn't even get the normal 'after church' crowd' we usually do! I'm not much of a football fan. I might watch a Dallas Cowboys game, so I can root for the other team!^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How did you hurt your back?
I sort of have a bad back anyways - usually I don't have any trouble at all but once in a while it acts up. I was moving tables in a conference room at work and my back went out and it made my leg go numb and just caused a lot of pain. But I'm doing much better now! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I sort of have a bad back anyways - usually I don't have any trouble at all but once in a while it acts up. I was moving tables in a conference room at work and my back went out and it made my leg go numb and just caused a lot of pain. But I'm doing much better now! :thumbsup:

Well, if you hurt it at work, why should your boss have had a problem? Did you get to file Workmans Comp?
I have tried to use laptops, I have a hard time manipulating the ball thingy that passes for a mouse!^_^ :doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.