Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry if I came across as accusatory... I was simply noting the similarity.

Agreed.

Yes I was aware of that, but hadn't brought it to mind in relation to this. Thank you.

Still, if you read 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 carefully, it is speaking of the man himself, not an image, that would stand in the Most Holy Place.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply Matthew 24 was the only mention you were using... I should have included Luke and Mark as well.

Only the details... man himself instead of image.

Actually, he places it sometime between the 1st and 2nd comings. Also, verse 27 implies that the one who "makes desolate" will experience a "complete destruction". A man has yet to stand in the Most Holy Place and declare himself to be God, and then be completely destroyed.

In Daniel, the one who is on the receiving end of God's wrath is the one who perpetrates the abomination of desolation (see also 2 Thessalonians 2:8), not the Jewish people. I don't see Daniel 9:27 as being fulfilled in history... verse 26, yes, but 27...? No.

I see your point... not sure if I am ready to agree on that yet, though.

I hesitate to see 70 AD as a "coming" of the Lord... I need to study this more before I make any conclusions.

Greetings again,

I really appreciate you hearing me out though. It was a pleasure to discuss this with you.

It would be good not only for you to study further, but me as well.

Maybe down the road, in time, we can discuss this again sometime.

Take care bud.

• Friendly
Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0