• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured LDS Matthew 22 & Eternal Marriage

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by Solomon Smith, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+8,035
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Three Persons = 1 God

2. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+4,533
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Absolutely!

3. Peter1000

Peter1000 Well-Known Member

+310
    Mormon
    Married
    You are aware that calling God the Father, God the Son, and God the HS, Persons, is inappropriate, because they are not referred to as Persons anywhere in the bible. That is because at different times in the bible each one is referred to as Gods. But never Persons.

So as a student of the bible, tell me why you insist on calling them Persons?

The appropriate designation is Gods. And if you insist say 3 Gods = 1 God. Since they are all Gods.

But you can't call them Gods, because then you would be called polythiestic, and no better than the pagan Greeks. So do you think changing Gods to Persons solves your problem? No. Only because of the decline in pagans and the accomodation that Christian people decided to give their theological doctors, they accept Persons, even though it is unbiblical.

4. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+23,514
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Peter1000, you are not called a person in the Bible. What should i conclude?

5. Peter1000

+310
    Mormon
    Married
    You can conclude anything you want about me, but God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and the HS are not referred to as Persons in the bible. Therefore in your central theory of who God is, I would not be using unbiblical names. Do as you want, but it is part of a facade rather than truth.

6. drstevej

+23,514
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Jesus' eyelashes are not mentioned in the Bible. Is He eyelash-less?

7. Peter1000

+310
    Mormon
    Married
    Yes, but God's hand, face, and backparts are all mentioned in the bible and so that is the reason that the Church of Jesus Christ believes that God is like unto man in form and substance (i.e. flesh and bone and spirit). Although God's flesh and bone and spirit is a resurrected and perfectly exalted flesh and bone and spirit. That is a lot different than mortal flesh and bone and spirit. Nonetheless, God is in the form and substance as man.

Yes, Jesus has eyelashes, even though it is not stated in the bible. But because God does have hands, a face, and backparts because it is mentioned in the bible, we figure He also has eyelashes too, because man does. Good question.

8. drstevej

+23,514
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    So he had no personality? Or was his personality like that of a winsome rabbit?

9. Peter1000

+310
    Mormon
    Married
    Interesting guess as to the personality of God. I would not have that in print if I were you.

10. drstevej

+23,514
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican

Should I have said curelom rather than rabbit?

11. Peter1000

+310
    Mormon
    Married
    Im sure you have read the NT. If you had read it in the right mind, you would know the personality of God the Father, beause it is just like the personality of His Son, Jesus.

To even comtemplate, or fool around saying that God's personality approaches that of a rabbit or a curelom, to me is a bit blasphemous.

12. twin.spin

twin.spin Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding

+202
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    Nor does the Bible refer to them anywhere as personages.

Speaking of being polytheistic --- LDS claim they are not polytheists, yet Mormonism believes in a plurality of gods:
    “In the very beginning the Bible shows there is a plurality of Gods beyond the power of
    refutation. It is a great subject I am dwelling on. The word Eloheim ought to be in the plural all
    the way through—Gods. The heads of the Gods appointed one God for us; and when you take
    [that] view of the subject, it sets one free to see all the beauty, holiness and perfection of the
    Gods.”
    (Teachings, p. 372.)​