Matt Gaetz at Iowa State Fair: "we know that only through force do we make any change in a corrupt town like Washington, D.C."

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Matt Gaetz Says Only 'Force' Can Make Change in Washington D.C.

Standing next to Trump at the fair, Gaetz said that while he and supporters were having a "great time" at the fair, they know that only "force" can make a change.

"Mr. President, I cannot stand these people that are destroying our country. They are opening our borders. They are weaponizing our federal law enforcement against patriotic Americans who love this nation as we should," Gaetz said.

"We are having a great time at the fair. We love standing with you. But we know that only through force do we make any change in a corrupt town like Washington, D.C. And so to all my friends here in Iowa, when you see them come for this man, know that they are coming for our movement and they are coming for all of us."

• Wow
Reactions: DaisyDay

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Standing next to Trump at the fair, Gaetz said that while he and supporters were having a "great time" at the fair, they know that only "force" can make a change.

"Mr. President, I cannot stand these people that are destroying our country. They are opening our borders. They are weaponizing our federal law enforcement against patriotic Americans who love this nation as we should," Gaetz said.

"We are having a great time at the fair. We love standing with you. But we know that only through force do we make any change in a corrupt town like Washington, D.C. And so to all my friends here in Iowa, when you see them come for this man, know that they are coming for our movement and they are coming for all of us."

He sounds like Thomas Jefferson.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Gaetz... Like Jefferson...

1692050311055.gif

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Joe Biden is obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not a bit.

I take it you're not familiar with Jefferson. He once literally called for blood.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson to William Smith, 1787

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I take it you're not familiar with Jefferson. He once literally called for blood.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson to William Smith, 1787
Yes, I am familiar with the statesman Jefferson. Gaetz is no Jefferson.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

From the same letter, in the wake of Shays' Rebellion, in which rebels tried to seize the armory and overthrow Massachusetts, but were put down by the Massachusetts militia (6 dead, 2 hanged afterwards):

The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. ... Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two?

Jefferson is not so much desiring or inspiring this blood, as thinking it an inevitable rule that a misinformed few will have to be Ashli Babbitted from time to time, and some patriots may also be killed in the process (particularly under the weak Articles of Confederation that pertained at the time).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We also know that Gaetz, like the man he adores, would never lift a finger...but he apparently has not issue inciting others to act ("through force") by using provocative language.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
We also know that Gaetz, like the man he adores, would never lift a finger...but he apparently has not issue inciting others to act ("through force") by using provocative language.

Exactly. It's called stochastic terrorism.

Upvote 0