Masterbations bad rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanaman

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Catholics! I hear there have been some Catholics on here defending masturbation. That's fine if by "masturbation" you mean underwater bb stacking, but no, this is a mortal sin according to the faith you allegedly espouse.

You can flog your own personal bishop all you want, but the official Church teaching is that it's a mortal sin. Whack at your own peril.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess we have different levels of respect for God than.

If God was standing before me I would be bowing before him.

I know that Sex between a Man and his wife is a spiritual act of Worship. I would have no problems having sex with my wife in front of him.

But you have not answered the Questioin, would you touch in front of Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JacobHall86 said:
Here is a question for those of you who see no problem with masturbation.

Would you touch in front of Jesus Christ?

This really isn't a good argument. Simply because people would rather do things in private than public doesn't mean it's sinful. A lot of people would feel awekward if Jesus was sitting in front of them while they were using the restroom or having sex with their spouse. Thus the "if it's uncomfortable to do in front of others, it must be wrong" argument just doesn't work very well. Do not mistake "uncomfortable in public" for "sinful."

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This really isn't a good argument. Simply because people would rather do things in private than public doesn't mean it's sinful. A lot of people would feel awekward if Jesus was sitting in front of them while they were using the restroom or having sex with their spouse. Thus the "if it's uncomfortable to do in front of others, it must be wrong" argument just doesn't work very well. Do not mistake "uncomfortable in public" for "sinful."

ALot of dancing, But no Answer.

Yes or No, its simple.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He’s not my type, far be it for my to judge you or your sexual preferences. But personally I prefer women.

Wow. just wow.

Your immaturity astounds me.

You will change that and answer the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JacobHall86 said:
ALot of dancing, But no Answer.

Yes or No, its simple.

The fact that the argument proves absolutely nothing means that any answer I could give is absolutely irrelevant to this discussion, but to answer your question, I would. I don’t care. As if I could hide anything from Him anyway.

Greatz said:
So next one must ask themself is my masturbating essential to worshiping God, this should be an obvious no.

Quite right, but neither is eating cookies or playing a game of football. Yet I don’t see people condemning that as inherently sinful because it’s “not essential to worshiping God.”

JacobHall86 said:
Your immaturity astounds me.

Says the pot to the kettle.

You will change that and answer the question.

Ooooo, or what? Or else? Demanding little guy, aren't you? :)

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JacobHall86 said:
So you would jerk off in front of Jesus?

He sees people when they do it anyway, doesn't He? The situation you describe isn't so hypothetical as you make it seem. I would also go to the restroom in front of Him, take a shower in front of Him, make love to my (hypothetical) wife in front of Him, etc. Why? Because I'm comfortable around Jesus. I don't hide anything from Him and my conscience concerning these things remains clear.

Again, I really don't see why you're so interested in who people would touch in front of. A desire for privacy is no indication of sin. I suggest you move on.

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Consider that at the time the Bible was written, young people were expected to be married soon after they came into sexual maturity- unless you think masturbation within a marriage is also wrong, it's possible that the issue simply didn't come up at the time. If you feel that masturbation is a sin, very well... but before judging another for disagreeing, remember that asking someone to ignore basic biological urges for sometimes more than a decade of "adolescence" is something that followers were never before asked to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UBERROGO

May 1, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here, I heard of this site from a different web site so I thought I'd check it out. So far so good.

:preach:

I am on the side that says touching yourself is okay if you aren't lusting. Although I can't do that so for me it is wrong. Maybe someone else is better at that kind of thing but whatever. To me lusting is the only reason I would do it.

I judge right and wrong by my conscience my consience say "No". God gave me a conscience and so I had better listen to it.

:liturgy:

If I may be so bold as to ask MezzaMorta, don't they have RC service during the weekdays? I know in D.C. they have a service everyday.

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DailyBlessings said:
Consider that at the time the Bible was written, young people were expected to be married soon after they came into sexual maturity- unless you think masturbation within a marriage is also wrong, it's possible that the issue simply didn't come up at the time. If you feel that masturbation is a sin, very well... but before judging another for disagreeing, remember that asking someone to ignore basic biological urges for sometimes more than a decade of "adolescence" is something that followers were never before asked to do.

Very good point, mate. One I hadn't considered before. Kudos. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JacobHall86 said:
It blows my mind how many of you have no problems with walking on Christ's face with your actions.

It blows my mind how you continue to beg the question that others "walk on Christ's face" whenever they touch. Since no one has yet demonstrated how masturbation is inherently sinful, there's no reason to think we must be "walking on Christ's face" when doing it.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It blows my mind how you continue to beg the question that others "walk on Christ's face" whenever they touch. Since no one has yet demonstrated how masturbation is inherently sinful, there's no reason to think we must be "walking on Christ's face" when doing it.

Because its Lust. You can name it wahtever you want, its LUST.

You dont touch and think about washing your car or needing to do your taxes. You touch to women in sexual positions performing sexual acts.

LUST.

If its just something you do without lusting, why not just eat ice cream since it fills no sexual desire.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.