Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone perhaps Catholics think Mary is the incarnation or representation of the Divine Feminine?

Why would you ask? Tthis can be divisive, and has been asked in many similar ways before.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why would you ask? Tthis can be divisive, and has been asked in many similar ways before.

In light of the fact that "divine feminine" can be, and has been, defined in numerous way and that it is a unknown term in orthodox Christianity, it is useless to speculate on it in an orthodox Christian forum.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There'd be no real reason to think that. Mary was unique in being chosen to give birth to Jesus, but there isn't anything else in Scripture that would in any way suggest that she was other than a mortal--and not one who played much of a role in Jesus' public ministry at that. As one deserving of great honor, sure, and as a model of motherhood, yes, but you're way beyond that.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ.

in special ways, God uses ALL of His Saints to teach the world about Himself
to shine through us and to illuminate this dark world with His Grace :)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone perhaps Catholics think Mary is the incarnation or representation of the Divine Feminine?
I hope not; I, myself, would consider it heretical.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hope not; I, myself, would consider it heretical.

I've never heard any Catholics promote that beliefs. I agree - anyone who promotes that is promoting heresy...and a serious one, at that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I personally think it takes away from Mary.

The fact that God chose a regular (but, righteous) "Jane" to birth the Christ is a testament to all of our "potential," and what God can do with it. It humbly amplifies Mary on its own (the fact she was chosen, and did as she was commanded,) but not to goddess status.

A similar thing can be said about Christ''s 12 He chose to be around Him: 12 regular "Joes."

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There'd be no real reason to think that. Mary was unique in being chosen to give birth to Jesus, but there isn't anything else in Scripture that would in any way suggest that she was other than a mortal--and not one who played much of a role in Jesus' public ministry at that. As one deserving of great honor, sure, and as a model of motherhood, yes, but you're way beyond that.

Albion, you have no Christian commonsense do you? Why? If you had the commonsense the size of a mustered seed, it would tell you: Just by Mary's giving birth to Christ, PLAYS A BIG ROLE in our Salvation. After Christ, Mary,"Plays" the BIGGEST ROLE Unto our Salvation.

It is sad when a baby by the name of John leaps for Joy in the their mothers / Elizabeths womb, Just because they heard the greeting of MARY. Albion, Jesus Christ said:
"out of mouths of babes Come perfect praise" I pray many were wise Like John re: Mary. Amen

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Albion, you have no Christian commonsense do you? Why? If you had the commonsense the size of a mustered seed, it would tell you: Just by Mary's giving birth to Christ, PLAYS A BIG ROLE in our Salvation. After Christ, Mary,"Plays" the BIGGEST ROLE Unto our Salvation.

It is sad when a baby by the name of John leaps for Joy in the their mothers / Elizabeths womb, Just because they heard the greeting of MARY. Albion, Jesus Christ said:
"out of mouths of babes Come perfect praise" I pray many were wise Like John re: Mary. Amen

Sorry, but I cannot resist this temptation. Muster is a verb meaning to assemble (troops), especially for inspection or in preparation for battle. I would love to see a seed being mustered for battle.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but I cannot resist this temptation. Muster is a verb meaning to assemble (troops), especially for inspection or in preparation for battle. I would love to see a seed being mustered for battle.
There is a little grammar nazi in all of us ^_^

Upvote 0