Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting connection between Ephesians, women / men and Mary. Adam is created first, Eve comes from him and so thus the required Redeemer can be a singular male. I'd agree with that.

I would not go as far as to say "mother of god is blasphemy of the worst nature". Calling Mary "mother of god" is not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. So even though I'd agree with you that it's error. It's not unpardonable error.
a little leven has certainly corrupted the whole in that regard... cant fellowship with it

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no shared blood through the umbilical cord in a healthy pregnancy.

I personally presume Mary's pregnancy with Jesus was healthy.
so glad some are finally getting that :)

Jesus is not OF the blood or flesh of mary . the blood of mother and baby never mingles .
adam was fully man without a mother formed by the power of God from the dust of the earth
JEsus became fully man formed by the power of God in a womb and then birthed forth .
just as scriptures says ..": the child is "OF THE HOLY GHOST .." it doesn't say "of the Holy Ghost and the woman ".. because he isn't. he is in no way tainted by sinful flesh and blood .

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Jesus is not OF the blood or flesh of mary . the blood of mother and baby never mingles .
adam was fully man without a mother formed by the power of God from the dust of the earth
JEsus became fully man formed by the power of God in a womb and then birthed forth .
just as scriptures says ..": the child is "OF THE HOLY GHOST .." it doesn't say "of the Holy Ghost and the woman ".. because he isn't. he is in no way tainted by sinful flesh and blood .

Genesis says that the Redeemer would be of "the seed of woman". God says to the serpent - "I'll put amenity between her seed and your seed." Part of Jesus being the appropriate Redeemer for humans is that he bore human flesh. The material world is not sinful. The atomic structures that make up the proteins that make up your cells, organs, muscle etc. is not sinful.

If you note in Genesis, Adam and Eve were not held accountable for eating the fruit until Adam at it. Once Adam ate the fruit, that's when they were kicked out of the garden. So any seed of Adam, because he was the head of the human race, would bear the corruptible state of his transgression. This is what has been called "original sin".

So what that means is that theoretically if you could conceive a child without a father, that child would be created without the corruptible state of Adam's transgression. Now that actually is "theoretically possible" because there are organisms on earth that being non fertilized eggs, do grow into organisms. This can happen with frogs and salamanders. It's called oogenesis and it produces sterile female organisms. Now it's not known if this has ever happened with species that are more complex than amphibians. Personally I would say it's doubtful, but theoretically possible - yes. Now if for some freak reason oogenesis had happened with a human, we'd have a sterile female. Now being a temporal human who does not have a Divine nature, she would eventually sin of her own volition.

Now how is this possible? It's possible because an egg starts out with 46 chromosomes. It does not discharge it's secondary polar body until after it's fertilized. Fertilization is actually what causes the egg to "mature". "Maturation" means that one of the sets of 23 chromosomes that's already present in the egg begins to unravel to be ready to join to the DNA that comes from the sperm. Now sometimes this process doesn't quite happen the way it should and there are people born with extra DNA. Sometimes both sets of chromosomes from the mother end up as part of the DNA sequence and the child has XXY or XXX. This is called Fragile X Syndrome. Some times parts of excess DNA sequences end up attaching to certain genes. This is called Down's Syndrome. Usually people with extra DNA have intellectual disabilities besides some physical differences from the strait 46 chromosome typical human genome; not always though. Also, I believe people with Fragile X Syndrome are sterile (but I'm not 100% on that). Technically its believed people with Down's Syndrome can have children, but there has never been a known case where one has. There has never been a human known to a live birth that had less than 46 chromosomes.

So, one of Mary's gametes had enough genetic material to create another human being without sperm. One of the things the Greek indicates in the passage where the angel tells Mary she was chosen to bear this child. She asks how can this happen if I've never known a man and the angel actually explains to her in terms she'd understand that God would use "the stock" of her, (is the implication in the Greek). Now because we have greater knowledge of biology 2000 years later, we can deduce what that meant. The "stock" of Mary would have been her DNA.

Now another passage in the New Testament says (Joseph) "knew her not until she brought forth her first born son." So Jesus was the literal seed of Mary. Jesus was not some foreign entity placed in her womb. His body was created from a gamete that was already present in her. And because He didn't have a human father, his flesh could be created this way and not inherit the corruptibility of Adam. Now obviously the Holy Ghost had to do some miraculous rearranging of DNA since the only chromosomes Mary could create were X's. You need an XY for a male and because Jesus was a fully functional human male capable of reproducing; he needed a Y. So obviously the other aspect of creating this body; because it was done by the Holy Spirit; invariably this came with having a Divine nature.

So yes, Jesus was fully human and fully God. It had to be this way in order for Him to be the Redeemer. He had to be connected to the first Adam through Eve. This is why He's called "the Last Adam". Now if there were to ever be a "last Eve" that would only happen through the same process Adam went through. (Having a wife created from your own flesh.) Jesus could have done that; but he opted not to, because that would have eliminated the possibility of redemption for anyone else. So, no literal earthy wife and kids for Jesus.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

You really should change your username to pseftiko
or Marcion. Your beliefs have a lot in common with the gnostic heretic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0