*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Missy:

The AME Church may have the two Sacraments you mentioned, Baptism and Communion, but I think if you trace the history back far enough, you'll probably find the concept of excluding marriage from the Sacraments is based upon Luther's teachings.

I do understand that the Episcopal and then the later Methodist denominations are a result of the breach caused by Henry VIII's argument with Rome. However, the CONCEPTS proposed by Luther and later non-Catholic leaders began to intermingle.

ALL family histories are fascinating to research, whether it is human families or religious families or even scientific thought families!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
now that we're keeping this off topic...

gee KC - you shoulda told Me - KK is right across the street here where I work - coulda grabed a few - in fact - we're having a free social tomorrow morning - free KK donuts and bagels.... :clap:

but watch those cabooses in front of ya.. boy - they even sound like women

Upvote 0
Originally posted by VOW
To Missy:

The AME Church may have the two Sacraments you mentioned, Baptism and Communion, but I think if you trace the history back far enough, you'll probably find the concept of excluding marriage from the Sacraments is based upon Luther's teachings.

I do understand that the Episcopal and then the later Methodist denominations are a result of the breach caused by Henry VIII's argument with Rome. However, the CONCEPTS proposed by Luther and later non-Catholic leaders began to intermingle.

ALL family histories are fascinating to research, whether it is human families or religious families or even scientific thought families!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Vow, we aren't going to agree on this one especially when it involves my particular faith..so I vote we hang out and have some gourmet chocolate!

/me hands Vow a pretty basket of Dove and Godiva chocolate candies

Let's share... :yum:

Upvote 0
Originally posted by KC Catholic
* KC Catholic sensing there is a need for comfort food uses his "Super Speed" and travels to the nearest Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Shop and returns with an armload of doughnuts. Wiping the crumbs from his cape, he hands out Krispy Kremes for all!

middlec2.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS!!! KC You really are SUPERMAN!!!!!

Missy

Upvote 0
Originally posted by GreenEyedLady
Here is the truth...Was it ONLY martin Luthers WORD that made the aprocrypha NOT biblical...NO WAY!!! That is a complete lie and fabracation and it doesn't make sense anyway! How could ONE MANS word stand "above" the entire jewish/christian historical backround?
In reality, the Apocryphal Books were never excluded from the Old Testament Canon of Scripture because they were never a part of the Canon.

Hello GreenEyedLady,

Good reply. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Cheers,

Yau-ming

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.