Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Aw...

:prayer:

Quality time things: Write a poem or story together, try to stay up all night/most of the night talking, reminisce about the first times you met/dated each other, read the Bible together, pray together, talk about how you both first came to know God, lay next to each other. Make a cake or cookies together.

Romantic things: Depending on your budget of course... buy each other stuffed animals, whether at the dollar store or HUGE stuffed animals. Surprise each other with little notes or gifts hidden around the house in some sort of "treasure hunt," with each having a "clue" to the next one. Pick out lingerie together. Give each other massages.

I hope something gives you inspiration :)

Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.the-generous-wife.com/

That's the link for "The Generous Wife" and if you sign up with your email address, you'll get daily "hints" for being loving towards your husband, little things you can do romantically....like:

Wednesday is KEEP THE FIRE BURNING day.

Share a shower. Whether it leads to more or not, give his body some sensual attention.

Christine's newlywed tip: Sometime when you are feeling especially in love and you're feeling truly happy with your spouse and you can remember all the reasons you fell in love with him, get out a piece of paper and write down one really special thing that he did for you that he didn't have to. One thing that really meant something to you. Then when you are angry with him and feeling hurt, pull out the slip of paper and read it. Read it until you stop [being angry with] him and can remember you really do love him.

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My hubby and I are learning massage. We bought this set of 3 DVDs to teach all differant types for the different body parts. Seriously after a 10 hour shift a nice hot shower and a foot rub gets me in the good books for sure!

Do you guys go out on dates? I mean get dressed up, and be really nice to eachother and do something together out of the house without David in tow? SOmetimes if we're broke I'll get all dressed up right here at home and have a date after the kid is asleep.

Um...I'm out of ideas. I'll pray for you both though.

Upvote 0

xray01

Jul 5, 2005
✟8,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You need to have time apart from each other too. We work together, so that can be difficult sometimes. Spend time together, do something to laugh at, watch a funny film. We had this problem as well, but when we laugh together we get closer. Sounds wierd I know. Discuss things with your husband, the things that annoy you, and how you'd appreciate it if he would do whatever for you, how happy it would make you feel. we did this and it helped alot, cos we weren't happy and were grumpy. Hope that makes sense, cos I've beed at work for 15hrs now.

Upvote 0

Shok

Jan 19, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Leanna said:
Hey I need ideas of quality time things to do, romantic things to do... etc. We have been married almost 6 years and we need some new stuff. Feeling kinda dry recently, please pray for us too because we have had an increase in fights...

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts the real problem is something other then "quality time things to do". I could be wrong but thats usually the case in my experience.

Shok

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

InTheFlame

Leanna,

GenerousWife is a good resource. There's one for the men too :)

Have you two read Love Languages? That could help with ideas... I think your best bet might be to challenge yourself to do one thing each day (that you wouldn't usually) that is something that will cause him to feel loved and cherished. It might be as simple as going with his pick of movie to watch, or sending him a jar of his fave lollies (must be embellished with ribbons, love hearts and a balloon) at work. Or taking him out for a picnic brekkie, etc.

Does that help, or have I missed the point?

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean the Five Love Languages? We read that and know our love languages.... but I don't think it has any ideas. I appreciate the idea, hehe, but he would KILL me if I sent a jar of lollies to his work.... that would be embarrassing to him... he's kinda funny like that. I could probably stick stuff in the car. ;) I'll check out the website (thanks andiesmama).

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leanna said:
Hey I need ideas of quality time things to do, romantic things to do... etc. We have been married almost 6 years and we need some new stuff. Feeling kinda dry recently, please pray for us too because we have had an increase in fights...

Shok said:
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts the real problem is something other then "quality time things to do". I could be wrong but thats usually the case in my experience. Shok

Leanna said:
In this case, you're wrong, or I would have asked for something else. Lol.

Hmmmmm - I've never known a lack of romantic things to do to cause fights...

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You always have to be sarcastic don't you? I didn't know I had to give a run down on everything that happens. The increase in fights has more to do with my husband's new work schedule he is working a lot and we are getting less sleep, and there are long days where I am here with David (son) for 15 hours.... not that its any of your business. If I ask for romantic ideas, how about you give some rather than start insinuating there is something wrong with my marriage? Thanks.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Darlin' - you are the one who said you were having an increase in fights, not me. You could have simply asked for romantic ideas, but you didn't. You continued on and mentioned the increase in fights. Sorry, but that's hard to ignore and pretend that it doesn't exist, and it's not really very helpfu to you and others who might read the thread with similiar situations.

If you don't want people in your business, don't post your business online. Clearly Shock and I pushed a button or you'd just ignore us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Leanna said:
You always have to be sarcastic don't you? I didn't know I had to give a run down on everything that happens. The increase in fights has more to do with my husband's new work schedule he is working a lot and we are getting less sleep, and there are long days where I am here with David (son) for 15 hours.... not that its any of your business. If I ask for romantic ideas, how about you give some rather than start insinuating there is something wrong with my marriage? Thanks.

I know what you're going through. When I was in the Marines my wife was with children for long lengths of time. When I got home I wanted alone time and she would demand we talk, as we were both irritable we clashed. As for romantic stuff sometimes just getting a sitter and going to dinner and a movie can recharge things a bit. You don't have to do the crazy stuff.

Reactions: Leanna
Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
bliz said:
Hmmmmm - I've never known a lack of romantic things to do to cause fights...

Well, I know that when time goes by and my DH and I aren't as "romantic" :blush: as we usually are...tempers seem to get shorter & we snap at each other more until we make the effort to get back on track with each other on a more "personal" level...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.