Marriage Break Down [copied from Prayer Requests]

Jun 23, 2010
✟7,620.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
My wife Rosie of nearly 5 years last week told me our marriage was over and we was now single, separated and no more… This didn’t completely come out of the blue as she has been distant for a few months. This was tough enough to take especially as we have a 3 year old son and all the other responsibilities that comes with having a family. However, on Saturday i seen her kissing another man, Furthermore, she told me that they had actually gone ‘further’ the night before. This broke my heart.
Despite all of this i have an over whelming sense of peace. I am naturally a worrier and will dwell on things – but this peace i have must mean something.
She is adamant that our marriage is over and she didn’t do anything wrong with this other man.
She has an angry spirit and is very often hard to communicate with. She also has an issue with seeking male approval which i think plays a big part in what has happened here. She knows i love her, but was telling me I wasn’t telling her she was beautiful enough. Still this is no excuse for what has happened.
I am trying my best to tell Rosie that I still love her and I accept part of the responsibility for what happened and i am still keen for us to work on this marriage, but she continues to say its over. She knows I was hurt but I will continue to be nice to her and not let anger overtake me.
We are currently living apart as she doesn’t want me in our home.
Can i ask that we are please considered in your prayers as i am eager for our marriage to work the way god intended it to – could anyone offer any advise for me? I want her to see that the path she is on is not the right one.
God Bless,
James

Jun 23, 2010
✟7,620.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I have just now had chance to speak to my wife and she tells me that she is getting close to her friend (this is the one she has done stuff with). She says they are doing more stuff as a "couple" although they havent offically tagged there relationship as been boyfriend and girlfriend its fairly close...

This has deverstated me even further. He isnt Christian.

She says that she doesnt want to listen to God because she knows he will tell her that she should continue and work on the marriage with me.

Please continue praying... i really dont know where to turn.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat on

ec82.jpg

This thread has been copied from Prayer Requests
so that more people can share prayers and encouraging experiences with James.

Mod Hat off

Upvote 0

marksaysay

Mar 27, 2011
✟15,309.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
She says that she doesnt want to listen to God because she knows he will tell her that she should continue and work on the marriage with me.

Please continue praying... i really dont know where to turn.

My wife told me that she prayed about our relationship before asking for the seperation and God's sign to her was the fact that I was dealing with a inappropriate contentography addiction. Now she says that she doesn't even talk about our situation to others. I know this to be a lie. She just doesn't talk to people who will tell her what she doesn't want to her. She avoids her Christian family members that won't support her. She spends most of her time with her single and mostly non-Christian girlfriends.

Upvote 0