martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sarcasm aside, we will see which parts are symbolic snd which are literal.

The problem with making prophecy too symbolic is there is no end to it. You can say anything is anything and all is fulfilled.

If a prophecy makes literal sense, why make it symbolic?

The problem with deciding with which parts are symbolic and which parts are literal, is that you don't have the authority to such a thing.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with making prophecy too symbolic is there is no end to it. You can say anything is anything and all is fulfilled.

If a prophecy makes literal sense, why make it symbolic?

And this is the very guts of the matter.

All the evidence, when one analyses and looks at it from a rational and logical point of view, point to something that is literal.

The problem also is this, and I think this is something that a lot of people are missing and not noticing, or cannot comprehend; the mark of the beast points to one thing, either absolute control or as much controlling as possible of a person's life. Because it looks like to me a person is going to be literally cut off either completely from society (or have that much restrictions placed on them it will be as if they are practically cut off from society).

It looks like to me, for comparison purposes, those who refuse to accept the mark of the beast (let us call them non-conformers) will be like comparing those to the lepers.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with deciding with which parts are symbolic and which parts are literal, is that you don't have the authority to such a thing.

The problem is people are afraid to ask questions. People are afraid to think logically and rationally. There seems to be this mentality today that I have been noticing "your not allowed to ask that kind of question, just believe and have faith and you will be okay" which to me is dangerous.

Buying and selling, trade, commerce is how society works. This is the same in all civilizations. Whether it be commercial amount of goods, raw materials, does not matter.

But all of a sudden, come when dealing with the mark of the beast "oh no, that is not literal that it is symbolic" does that even make sense? So to those who believe the mark of the beast is symbolic, by what manner of reason and logic did you come to that conclusion?

Because I am yet to see an answer to a question I have asked previously, and that is how can a business verify if a person who has the mark of the beast, if it is symbolic? We have to conclude that if a business is required for people to have this specific mark, there would have to be mechanisms put in place to not only enforce compliance, but also non-compliance.

So if a business or workplace ask for a person to show their status that they have been "marked" how can a person be able to show that evidence they have been "marked" if it is symbolic?

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And this is the very guts of the matter.

All the evidence, when one analyses and looks at it from a rational and logical point of view, point to something that is literal.

The problem also is this, and I think this is something that a lot of people are missing and not noticing, or cannot comprehend; the mark of the beast points to one thing, either absolute control or as much controlling as possible of a person's life. Because it looks like to me a person is going to be literally cut off either completely from society (or have that much restrictions placed on them it will be as if they are practically cut off from society).

It looks like to me, for comparison purposes, those who refuse to accept the mark of the beast (let us call them non-conformers) will be like comparing those to the lepers.

I agree with you and I don’t get how anybody could even consider that this mark can be spiritual when it’s about bying and selling. Is it bying and selling spiritual things? Doesn’t make sense.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you and I don’t get how anybody could even consider that this mark can be spiritual when it’s about bying and selling. Is it bying and selling spiritual things? Doesn’t make sense.

Good to see another is looking at this from a logical and rational point of view.

However for those who still think the mark of the beast is symbolic, have a google of places now having the option to to refuse unvaccinated inside grocery shops/supermarkets. New Brunswick in Canada is one place, and so is Frankfurt in Germany.

Look at where we are headed. This is now the next level, the option of businesses refusing to allow unvaccinated inside supermarkets to buy their groceries.

I think what we are seeing now is the emerging of the mark of the beast system, just needs to be fine tuned.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something else as I been thinking on this lately. The thing is how will this be delivered to the people? We are not to be going to be seeing this thing (whatever it is) advertised in black and white as the mark of the beast. Taking Rev 19.20 into account, it has to be something that people cannot accept what is presented to them as being the mark, or people simply just take it so as to not feel isolated.

See something about Rev 16.2, the side effects, and this is something that I not completely sure, but does the side effects happen as soon as the person gets the mark? Or this there some delay? These words here - "noisome and grievous sore" could be translated in more than one way, (note some translations either have singular or plural). This tells me there is something foreign inside of those who took the mark that shouldn't be in the body in the first place.

Another thing, it does stand to reason that if we were to experience a trial run before the main event, it also stands to reason we would be seeing people having reactions.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Something else as I been thinking on this lately. The thing is how will this be delivered to the people? We are not to be going to be seeing this thing (whatever it is) advertised in black and white as the mark of the beast. Taking Rev 19.20 into account, it has to be something that people cannot accept what is presented to them as being the mark, or people simply just take it so as to not feel isolated.

See something about Rev 16.2, the side effects, and this is something that I not completely sure, but does the side effects happen as soon as the person gets the mark? Or this there some delay? These words here - "noisome and grievous sore" could be translated in more than one way, (note some translations either have singular or plural). This tells me there is something foreign inside of those who took the mark that shouldn't be in the body in the first place.

Another thing, it does stand to reason that if we were to experience a trial run before the main event, it also stands to reason we would be seeing people having reactions.
IMO, I believe that when it comes to the real mark... People will be lining up for it. It will be so attractive to them.

People who have their eye on the ball and are keeping up with the world events.. are a small group.

The mark always has a two step process. Anytime it is mentioned in the bible..

1/ take the mark to buy, sell, function in society
2/ Bow to the anti christ.

These two things are what condemns you with no return. They cannot pin you down and "chip" you.
It must be a concious decision to accept the mark.... full well knowing that you are worshipping the beast.

The penalty of death.... if you don't take it..... will be the motivator for many.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMO, I believe that when it comes to the real mark... People will be lining up for it. It will be so attractive to them.

People who have their eye on the ball and are keeping up with the world events.. are a small group.

The mark always has a two step process. Anytime it is mentioned in the bible..

1/ take the mark to buy, sell, function in society
2/ Bow to the anti christ.

These two things are what condemns you with no return. They cannot pin you down and "chip" you.
It must be a concious decision to accept the mark.... full well knowing that you are worshipping the beast.

The penalty of death.... if you don't take it..... will be the motivator for many.

I agree you cannot be pinned down and "marked" against your own will and be held accountable, as that is something being done without your consent.

However, a person who has given the okay or approval to get the mark, said person has already submitted.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree you cannot be pinned down and "marked" against your own will and be held accountable, as that is something being done without your consent.

However, a person who has given the okay or approval to get the mark, said person has already submitted.
That is true. However, check out these scriptures. The two go hand in hand.. Take the mark and worship the image.....However.. I wouldn't do even one of these... :

Revelation 14:9
And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,

Revelation 16:2
So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and harmful and painful sores came upon the people who bore the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

Revelation 14:9-10

Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Revelation 20:4

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Yes.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look in the greek for the meaning of the word "worship" and there is a reference to this - make obeisance. Look at the meaning for "obeisance"

No need to ponder definitions. It's just the devil's counterfeit inversion of God's commandments to the Hebrews back in the day:

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. (Deut 6:6-8)

And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. (Ex 13:9)

And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt. (Ex 13:16)

Those wacky phylacteries gone awry again, whited sepulchres working to make merchandise of even the elect, were the appointed tribulation time, times and half a time not shortened on their account.

Upvote 0