Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

127Rockledge

At the moment I am in FLA, but my job requires me to be in many places at a moments notice.

In FLA (where I am a cert. law enforcement officer) yes, possession of marijuana is illegal, as well as delivery (simply handing a joint to somebody else), the useage is not actually addressed in statutes due to technicality of law. But in order to use marijuana (in statutes it's listed as canabis) you must do one of the two things above.

We must obey the ordnance of the land due to scripture, I agree with that. I do not condone the breaking of laws as a Christian nor as a LEO.

However, hypothetically if we were absent of any law against useage of canabis, I would not find anything morally or ethically wrong with it. Barring operation of machinery/driving/etc. and similar laws that also apply to the consumption of alchohol and prescription drugs.

Does that help?

Upvote 0
L

longjetty

I beleive in alot of places you can use it legally, while undergoing keemotherapy or when you have AIDS.

When you smoke it you put alot of tar in your lungs, but if you use it in moderation that does not affect your life. You can also eat it in cookies or muffins which means you get no tar, but get the same affect as smoking it.Again you can vaporize it, getting a 'high' without the bad chemicals going into your lungs (tar etc). It is also proven that you do not develop any side affects from long-term abuse except bad lungs:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_science3.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health1.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_media10.shtml

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It’s not advisable at all for a young developing mind to use drugs. There are many negatives linked to the use of marijuana, especially in young people.

The most abused drugs in our society today are legal prescription drugs.

If an adult smokes marijuana in moderation without it becoming an addiction or problem in there life, I for one will not condemn them for it.

In my own personal experience I am the type who will not control my use and end up abusing all I can. I have been smoking marijuana for 37 years and have been smoking it everyday for the last 10 years. My life has gone no where; I don’t know if I can blame the use of marijuana on that, but I am sure it hasn’t helped.

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No job, no income, wife left me. I have two dogs and a fish tank. I like to take walks. I did not blame anyone, I did not try to excuse what I have become. I only said that my marijuana use might have contributed to my state of being. What do you mean when you say I do not patronize you, because I don't remember asking for any.

Upvote 0

127Rockledge

No job, no income, wife left me. I have two dogs and a fish tank. I like to take walks. I did not blame anyone, I did not try to excuse what I have become. I only said that my marijuana use might have contributed to my state of being. What do you mean when you say I do not patronize you, because I don't remember asking for any.

There are people on this site that accuse me of patronizing. I do not intend to do so, I am a very plain speaker and my intention is to cut the crap and get to the heart of the matter.

Do you have any skills? Any vocational or collegiate education? Do you know anything of life insurance? What types of jobs have you had in the past?

You like to take walks, great! Exercise is extremely important. Do you do any more to exercise?

Are you interested in personal combatant sports? Boxing, MMA, point fighting?

Do you attend a church?

What state do you live in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

127Rockledge

There are people on this site that accuse me of patronizing. I do not intend to do so, I am a very plain speaker and my intention is to cut the crap and get to the heart of the matter.

Do you have any skills? No. Any vocational or collegiate education? No. Do you know anything of life insurance? No. What types of jobs have you had in the past? Low paying.

You like to take walks, great! Exercise is extremely important. Do you do any more to exercise? No.

Are you interested in personal combatant sports? Boxing, MMA, point fighting? No.

Do you attend a church? No.

What state do you live in? Indiana[/quote]

I'm was offering insight to what possibly can happen as a result of abusing marijuana in my earlier post in this thread.

And I'm offering the idea that we control our actions and reactions.

Stelow - you can do alot to change your life if you wanted to.

Life insurance is a very lucrative field and generally requires a 2-4 day class and passing a state exam to get licensed. Then you can get a job with a number of main line insurance providers almost immediately.

There has to be some type of sport you are interested in to get more exercise. I used to have going to the gym, but now that I'm in a sport, it's bettering myself, my performance, and I love it.

Why I asked about a church is because alot of times a church is a great support structure to help get you motivated and is full of resources.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Y

YourChild

I wanted to see what your thoughts on it is. Would it be okay for a Christian to smoke it?

I am an ex-heavy weed smoker for 7 years and here is what I have to say about it. Off the bat, I would like to say that weed will destroy you mentally, physically, and spiritually. For all the people that just started smoking it for maybe less than a year, they may think its ok...oh its just a little high...a good way to spend leisure time..a little get away from all your problems. But I'll tell you something....each puff of weed in itself is harmless, just like a drop of water is harmless...but every puff adds up and in the end, it will come down on you and smash you into pieces...just like the weight of the entire of body of water that forms the ocean will splatter you...I literally mean this.

Weed starts off as casual and it isnt addictive at first..but after time as you smoke more of it..it starts to become really addictive..you then soon reach the point where a joint becomes a cigarette and you;ll smoke it all around the clock. when you sober up, it doesnt feel right .you dont feel normal being sober.. in the end all you're really doing is tearing up your short term memory capacity. learning becomes a challenge because you just cant remember anything.

Weed makes you slow. your thought processing gets jammed up and you;ll eventually come to the point where you cant even carry a conversation with people because you are not able to recall what the person just said...if you do grasp what they are saying, you still cannot carry a decent conversation because you wont know how to respond to what the person is saying. you just sit there like a pile of useless vegetable while your mind is wondering off into something that absolutely has no relavance to anything the person is talking about or your mind wonders about nothing that even matters about anything. it gets really really bad..I couldnt stress to you how much I would love to take back those years I smoked my life away.

the thing about weed is that...after a long time of smoking it...your tolerance level builds up..what used to be a joint was all you need to get high now requires 2 or 3 joints to get you that same high or even a small taste of that same high...your tolerance continues to build up and eventually weed will no longer have that same high effect.. what happens next? you start to look for a stronger drug to get you away from being sober. Weed is a gateway to other more potent drugs. it gets really bad man..it just does and I wish people would understand this the easy way instead of finding out the hard way.

Now, when it comes to God, weed is absolutely out of the picture. God cannot communicate with you if your mind is not clear and sober. you're body is the temple of God and if you are a follower of Christ, you would do everything you can to not defile your body. The Bible says to stay away from "drunkeness" In other words, the Bible is telling us to keep our minds CLEAR and SOBER.

The other part I wanted to mention is...smoking weed over time becomes a bondage. you are tied and hooked to smoking it and your body feens for it. anything that is addicting causes you to become a slave to that object...in which case this object becomes an idol.

1st commandment says, "thou shall have no other gods before Me"

If you let something come before God then you have made this object of idolatry your own god. the addiction to weed is a violation of the 1st commandment. I also think the same applies to cigarettes but some people may not agree with me.

I really hope that those smoking weed at the moment would reconsider what they are doing.. Weed and God does not mix..it just doesn't

Upvote 0

boxcarguy07

Aug 8, 2006
Clemson, SC
✟7,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YourChild, I'm really sorry that you abused cannabis, but that does not mean that everyone who uses it does. I'm sorry that you made it an idol before God, but that does not mean everyone who uses it does. You are making extreme generalizations and giving worst-case scenarios.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some people can have a beer while watching a football game or after mowing the lawn and continue their day, some people can't just drink one beer and get in their car and kill a child who is out riding his bike. The fact that an alcoholic drunk driver killed a child does not mean that a man who is not a slave to alcohol should be compelled to abstain from a glass of wine at dinner.
Almost anything enjoyable can be abused and treated as an idol....but not everything will for everybody.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.