United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't fully agree.

The **elect** are the elite pedigree of Christians like the 12 disciples. These are people who literally breathe the Word of God day in and day out. Their knowledge of the Word is beyond question.

If even the elect could be deceived, then we are at false doctrines that look close enough to the Word of God....

....A fake theology that looks very much like the real thing that even the experts (elect) could be deceived by it.

And even if the elect could be deceived, we may be looking at a grand scheme of deception where the majority of Christians might already be deceived.
O.K., that is the first time I have heard "the elect" being defined as the "elite pedigree of Christians like the 12 disciples". I have always understood the term to mean all who are born again in contrast to all who claim the name of Christ yet, in truth, do not know Jesus personally. At this point I don't think your definition is correct.

But as for your main point of the topic, I do believe that true believers in Christ are already deceived by various doctrines that tickle their ears. But those doctrines are not impediments to their knowing Christ.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
O.K., that is the first time I have heard "the elect" being defined as the "elite pedigree of Christians like the 12 disciples". I have always understood the term to mean all who are born again in contrast to all who claim the name of Christ yet, in truth, do not know Jesus personally. At this point I don't think your definition is correct.

But as for your main point of the topic, I do believe that true believers in Christ are already deceived by various doctrines that tickle their ears. But those doctrines are not impediments to their knowing Christ.

Even if am wrong, there remains the concern of many Christians being turned away by Christ Himself in Matthew 7:22-23.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even if am wrong, there remains the concern of many Christians being turned away by Christ Himself in Matthew 7:22-23.
Many, who call themselves Christians, yes. But I also understand your concern. What if I am deceived? How can we be sure that we will not be turned away? My confidence is in His character. When God did miracle after miracle during the Exodus, then Israel complained about food and water, God was angry that they did not consider His track record. He had proved His faithfulness to them over and over again, yet they could not see past the moment of their difficulty.

I watch Jesus in my life and His track record with me has been faithful and true. I know that all the promises of God most certainly are yes and so be it (amen). If He is not faithful to his Word, then woe unto all of us, for none of us can be saved.

• Informative
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Many, who call themselves Christians, yes. But I also understand your concern. What if I am deceived? How can we be sure that we will not be turned away? My confidence is in His character. When God did miracle after miracle during the Exodus, then Israel complained about food and water, God was angry that they did not consider His track record. He had proved His faithfulness to them over and over again, yet they could not see past the moment of their difficulty.

I watch Jesus in my life and His track record with me has been faithful and true. I know that all the promises of God most certainly are yes and so be it (amen). If He is not faithful to his Word, then woe unto all of us, for none of us can be saved.

The scary thing about that condition is that it requires to be exhaustively tested to be proven worthy like undergoing great difficulties for very long periods.

• Useful
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scary thing about that condition is that it requires to be exhaustively tested to be proven worthy like undergoing great difficulties for very long periods.
I am not clear what you need proven over very long periods. Do you mean in your own life? The faithfulness of God can be seen in his promise to Noah that seasons would not end, which has continued at least 4,000 years. Is that long enough?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"‘I never knew you.".. for Christ to say "I never knew you" that means they were never saved. There are not more TESTS so to speak no more HOOPS to jump through so to speak once you believe John 3:16. What MAN says.. is not what HE said.

When Jesus comes.. in all His glory.. WHEN is that happening? Now NO ONE that has died that knew Jesus as lord will be there. The word says.. for us to day.. we go to the Father. So..Jesus is not calling Peter James John Paul on and on. The great tribulation just got over. So Christ comes He gathers all what? All the NATIONS before Him.. THOSE as it is written are the ones He separates sheep and goats. And again.. He can not say to a believer i NEVER Knew you.. He can not lie. John 3:16.. Rev 3:20.. He comes in.. HE KNOWS YOU. So to say I NEVER..yet did.. would be a lie. And He said.. works of inequity. They did evil..not good.

And you say "MANY" for that to be true YOU would have not know MANY.. you do not. Never talked to never met. So you might know a hand full of people. But.. the heart you do not know.

• Informative
Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It happened before:

John 1:11
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.

It will happen again:

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

It will happen again and again and again...

Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

If I ask any Christian if they are deceived, I believe no one will admit it.... But there will be many Christians who are deceived who aren't aware of it, otherwise, Matthew 7:22-23 would be false.
I think I might be deceived how do I not become deceived

Upvote 0