Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It happened before:

John 1:11
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.

It will happen again:

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

It will happen again and again and again...

Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

If I ask any Christian if they are deceived, I believe no one will admit it.... But there will be many Christians who are deceived who aren't aware of it, otherwise, Matthew 7:22-23 would be false.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It happened before:

It will happen again:

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

If I ask any Christian if they are deceived, I believe no one will admit it.... But there will be many Christians who are deceived who aren't aware of it, otherwise, Matthew 7:22-23 would be false.

Are you deceived?

• Haha
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, indeed. In fact, most of Satan's strategies he was using in New Testament times are prophesied to be used again in the end-times. Some of them already are.

May I ask why you brought it up?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, indeed. In fact, most of Satan's strategies he was using in New Testament times are prophesied to be used again in the end-times. Some of them already are.

May I ask why you brought it up?

I think the Spirit ask me to do so. If not, I think it's still important to bring some sense of urgency so those deemed worthy might still have a chance of turning back.

Reactions: Seun
Upvote 0

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

John 8:32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

John 3:3 Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God.

Put on the Armour of God (the Holy Spirit)
Eph 6:10 In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides].
Eph 6:11 Put on God's whole armour [the armour of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies {and} the deceits of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
Eph 6:13 Therefore put on God's complete armour, that you may be able to resist {and} stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity (righteousness) {and} of moral rectitude {and} right standing with God,
Eph 6:15 And having shod your feet (have understanding) in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.
Eph 6:16 Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.

Then, when you are fully clad & standing ....
Eph 6:18 Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose {and} perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people).

As you are covered with the Holy Spirit ...
Rom 8:13 For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.
Rom 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Zech 4:6 Then he said to me, ...... Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord of hosts.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the Spirit ask me to do so. If not, I think it's still important to bring some sense of urgency so those deemed worthy might still have a chance of turning back.

To have any effect, timewerx, you would need to address specific deceptions one at a time, and deal with them.

Which deceptions are you talking about specifically?

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

he has not stopped and has always been using his strategies or wiles to deceive. he has been working 24/7/365.

After he is locked away for 1000 years he goes right back at it.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
he has not stopped and has always been using his strategies or wiles to deceive. he has been working 24/7/365.

The sad thing is that those strategies will work and is recorded in Christ's prophecy and many Christians will not be saved. We're not just talking about a small % of Christians but probably large.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that deception is strictly the result of not loving the love of Jesus Christ... AKA having a "hard heart." I pray daily "Lord please keep me from falling into a hard heart and rejecting you." If you don't want God's love, what hope is there? That's a scary place to be and I guard against it

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You could turn Matthew 7:22-23 around just as well, in that those people did all those things in Jesus' name but They Never Knew Him. It was superficial, they acted on Jesus' name but they never set up their own relationship with Him. Many church goers are in this boat, they go to church, they know about Jesus, they perform the ritualistic details of church life but they don't live with Jesus daily in their every day lives. He is not part of their daily planner so to speak.

You must be born again and be sealed with the Holy Spirit. It's not about filling out church documents because those aren't the books that will be opened up in heaven to see if you are written there.

As to deception, we are already in a time of deception, it will just get all the worse then..

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritofaDove
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It happened before:

It will happen again:

Yes many Christians are decieved.. There are so many false doctrines and deceptions out there..

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It happened before:

It will happen again:

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Gal 1
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 6:7 [Full Chapter]
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There was this fellow who claimed to be Christ in the flesh. He also proclaimed himself immortal. When he died his disciples began tweaking scriptures to prove that he had merely been glorified. Some people enjoy living in a fantasy because it is psychologically comforting.

José Luis de Jesús - Wikipedia

José Luis de Jesús Miranda (April 22, 1946 – November 17, 2013) was the leader of the Creciendo en Gracia sect, based in Miami, Florida. He claimed to be both the returned phase of Jesus Christ and the Antichrist; he was known for making statements that opposed the precepts of the Roman Catholic Church but that followed his interpretation of the Bible. He was previously known as el Jesucristo Hombre (which translates, roughly, to "the Man Jesus-Christ") but shortly after his death his followers granted him the title of Melchizedek because, as stated by his official site, he attained his new and final name which means king of justice and king of peace.

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Which deceptions are you talking about specifically?

I won't mention them here due to risk of derailing this thread. Those topics can be quite controversial (but still abiding by the rules of this section).

I can however, post some of them in their separate threads in this section soon. Separately, they don't sound controversial and of good discussion here to keep ourselves in track with our faith and avoid false teachers.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's what happens when they write their own doctrinal books LOL !

Many, if not most are far more subtle than that and use exactly the same Protestant Bible.

Hard to deceive an 'elect' with religious cults. It has to look as close as possible to the real deal.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0