Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Whose image are we made in? God's (Genesis 1:27) Who is the image of God? Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:15). Who is Jesus Christ? The Word (John 1). Where is the Word? Heaven (Mark 16:19). Where is heaven? Within you (Luke 17:21 kjv). Who is in heaven? The Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one (1 John 5:7).

Where does the Word and all words of the world, reside in the human body? The brain. From the onset of your life, can you speak without the Word? No. Can you write without the Word? No. Can you read without the word? No. Can you understand without the Word? No. Can you know without the Word? No. Can you form a thought without the Word? No. Can you create without the Word? No.

Lets be fair then for a minute, we are made in the image of God, which is Jesus Christ, who is the Word in heaven, within us, where The Father, The Word and The Holy Ghost reside together as one and without the Word we could not speak, write, read, understand, know, think or create. On top of that our human bodies reside in a world that reflects God's invisible qualities (Romans 1:20) back at us as in a mirror. God knew us before we were born (Jeremiah 1:5) and knit us together in our mothers womb (Psalm 139:13); And come heaven or hell what can't escape his presence (Psalm 139:8).

So, if you still think that man is somehow separated from God I would love to know how you think that's possible? I would challenge anyone in this community who thinks that way to seriously look inside your hearts and consider what you are professing to be true. For if man could somehow do the impossible and separate himself from God, then he could become a god unto himself, able to sustain himself completely independently of God and as such would have no need for God whatsoever.

The truth is the created and the creator are one and could not be more infused together then we are. Any other conclusion is just a misinterpretation of the Bible and an outright lie.

If you think we are not separated from God---then by all means---stand in His presence and live.
Moses, just viewing His back was shining so bright that the Israelites could not look at him and he had to veil himself whenever He even spoke to God. Until the day we can stand in His presence and live---we are separated.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's interesting. How would you understand what this image means "1" or this one "2" or this one "=" without the words to express them? You couldn't. How would anyone teach you what those images or symbols mean without words? Impossible. Without words you and I could not understand what this thought of 1+1=2 even is. And therefore it would not even constitute a thought right? Do you see that?

All you did was show me an image and as I stated there are many words behind it. So no you did not prove me wrong.

I used no images, nor any words...only symbols and numbers. You remain wrong.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You forgot female:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Yes, I usually couple Adam as male and female since that was the real image of the Most High God. He split us for our benefit (and, look how we treat our literal soul fits/mates and their images). It reminds me they are equal, but not the same: two sides of the same coin.

Gen 1:1 - 2:3 is like the rolling text at the beginning of a Star Wars movie: That is the complete description of Creation already to come - including the never-ending "day"/age when the Most High God will rest (and, by extension the Redeemer who has everything given to Him by the Father will rule forever.) The rest of the bible is living history - including prophecy.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I usually couple Adam as male and female since that was the real image of the Most High God.

Ok, but it is not clear to others...Adam can mean humans, but Adam can also just mean the man named Adam and not anyone else :)

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok, but it is not clear to others...Adam can mean humans, but Adam can also just mean the man named Adam and not anyone else :)

Indeed, which is why your request for my clarification was useful.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Whose image are we made in? God's (Genesis 1:27) Who is the image of God? Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:15). Who is Jesus Christ? The Word (John 1). Where is the Word? Heaven (Mark 16:19). Where is heaven? Within you (Luke 17:21 kjv). Who is in heaven? The Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one (1 John 5:7).

Where does the Word and all words of the world, reside in the human body? The brain. From the onset of your life, can you speak without the Word? No. Can you write without the Word? No. Can you read without the word? No. Can you understand without the Word? No. Can you know without the Word? No. Can you form a thought without the Word? No. Can you create without the Word? No.

Lets be fair then for a minute, we are made in the image of God, which is Jesus Christ, who is the Word in heaven, within us, where The Father, The Word and The Holy Ghost reside together as one and without the Word we could not speak, write, read, understand, know, think or create. On top of that our human bodies reside in a world that reflects God's invisible qualities (Romans 1:20) back at us as in a mirror. God knew us before we were born (Jeremiah 1:5) and knit us together in our mothers womb (Psalm 139:13); And come heaven or hell what can't escape his presence (Psalm 139:8).

So, if you still think that man is somehow separated from God I would love to know how you think that's possible? I would challenge anyone in this community who thinks that way to seriously look inside your hearts and consider what you are professing to be true. For if man could somehow do the impossible and separate himself from God, then he could become a god unto himself, able to sustain himself completely independently of God and as such would have no need for God whatsoever.

The truth is the created and the creator are one and could not be more infused together then we are. Any other conclusion is just a misinterpretation of the Bible and an outright lie.
Separation from God is relational. We sin against God and He kills us.
"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind."

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The truth is the created and the creator are one and could not be more infused together then we are.
The biblical concept of separation from God is a relational concept.

"The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God.""
Psalms 14:1

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."
James 4:8

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Clever! But the word is still behind that entire thought (Colossians 1:16)

One plus one equals two

Emotion and feeling is behind an infant's thoughts. Before they learn language they still think, they think in emotion and physical feelings.

A small child wants a cookie so they point to the cookie and open their hand, doing this repeatedly until you understand they want you to hand them a cookie.

There is an ability to think without language, and even communicate without it. Language is learned over time.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so if we are made IN the image of God (Genesis 1:27) which is the image of Christ (Colossians 1:15) who is the Word (John 1) then we are IN Christ at birth my friend.
Being created in the image of God/Christ does not mean we are in Christ or Christ is in us.
Christ dwells in us by faith. Ephesians 3:17
And not everyone has faith.
2 Thessalonians 3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wickedmen: for all men have not faith.

Also, Christ is not just any word, He is THE WORD. As in God's Word. Christ is not just any word that anybody speaks.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-9-4_1-27-44.jpeg

This thread has been moved from
Ethics & Morality
to
Controversial Christian Theology
For a better fit and responses.
Please be aware of the SOP of this forum and that it is:
Christian Only.

From the SOP:
Welcome to Controversial Christian Theology forum. This forum is for discussing and debating topics that do not directly oppose the Nicene Creed, but are not considered to be traditional orthodox Christian theology on CF. These unorthodox topics may not contradict the Nicene Creed. All posts must to adhere to the CF Statement of Faith. This forum is open to Christian members only. Please refer to our faith groups list for clarification. This forum is not intended to be a "safe haven" for members who hold unorthodox Christian beliefs.
Carry on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The truth is the created and the creator are one and could not be more infused together then we are. <staff edited>
Man has separated himself from God. Adam and Eve did when they sinned. They no longer lived by the spirit and started living by the soul. The first thing that they noticed was that they needed something to cover themselves, because they were naked. The soul of man think that it is God. It tries to sustain itself independently of God. Living by his own will. This is what is in the soul of man. 1 John 2:16 For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world. These mean the lust of the flesh, to sustain the flesh with (clothes, shelter, food, money etc.), The lust of the eyes( have things that are pleasing to the eyes- the best of everything the world has to offer), The pride of life (don't want to die, love living, worry about your health). That's why we have to die, and be born again. Stop living by the soul and start living by the spirit. Stop living by our own will and live by God's.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Your argument has already gone off the rails at this point.

Yes, we are made in the image of God.
Yes, Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God.
Yes, Jesus Christ is the Eternal Word of God.
Yes, the Lord Jesus reigns at the right hand of the Father.

Luke 17:21 does not say that heaven is inside of us.

Firstly, Jesus isn't talking about heaven, He's talking about the kingdom. Secondly a better translation would be "in your midst". Context is critical here, Jesus was speaking to a hostile audience, He was not saying the kingdom was inside of each of them individually. Instead Jesus points to Himself, the kingdom was in their midst because Jesus, the King Messiah, was standing right in front of them.

The kingdom is not "heaven", it is not a place "somewhere out there", neither is the kingdom some kind of esoteric spiritual reality that we find by looking inside of ourselves. The kingdom is the reality of God-as-King, and Jesus, as the Messiah, embodies the kingdom. When Jesus ministered, preached, served, loved, healed, etc that was the kingdom of God breaking into the world. Ultimately what is the kingdom, what does it look like? What does it mean for God to be King? It means the Son of God nailed to a cross wearing a crown of thorns. He says, "Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Who is the Least? It is Jesus Christ, "Who though being in the form of God did not consider equality with God something to be exploited, but emptied Himself and took on the form of a slave, in human likeness."

The kingdom is not "heaven". The reason why Matthew's Gospel uses "kingdom of heaven" is that "heaven" is a euphemism for God. Where Matthew uses "kingdom of heaven", Mark and Luke use "kingdom of God". "Heaven" is a euphemism for God in the Matthean parallels, and the concept of "kingdom" refers to the royal authority or power, i.e. the reign. It is therefore the reign of God, or to put it another way, it is to speak of God as King, and what God-as-King means; and that is therefore revealed through the person and work of Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Ripheus27

Holeless fox
Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am of two minds about this thread. First, God is omnipresent, so He is present everywhere. He's "at" every location even if not "in" them all, one might (try to) say. So, in that sense, I would indeed wonder how we might ever be separate from Him. However, this brings me to my second perspective, here(!), which is, what is the point of the argument that we are inseparable from God? The concept/word "separation" admits of different meanings, so while it is all well and good to prove that in one sense, God is always by our side, yet given other senses of the concept/word in question, what difference does this make?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rom_5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2Co_5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co_5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Col_1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Obviously there was a separation from God else no reconciliation would have been needed.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay, so if we are made IN the image of God (Genesis 1:27) which is the image of Christ (Colossians 1:15) who is the Word (John 1) then we are IN Christ at birth my friend.
But a man must be born again for the carnal man is at enmity with God ..It is why Jesus said , You are from below , I am from above ..John 8 :43 How is it that you can not hear my word ( understand my speech ) ...The things of God are spiritually discerned for the spirit of God does the discernment . This is not an apt example but a giraffe can not understand human speech unless it is "reborn " as a human ...we can not understand the divine until we are reborn into the divine by the divine ...not by the will of man but by the will of God . That is what I believe to be true and thank you for allowing me to sharpen my iron ..I agree with you that iron sharpens iron .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate

The truth is the created and the creator are one and could not be more infused together then we are. <staff edited>
Also brother ...even the word " Word " has a meaning which I am sure you already know but maybe have not considered ..the greek logos ( where we get Logo in advertising ) means " Reason , Purpose , Identity " so when a person is born again by the Word of God " there is a change ..their reason becomes God , their purpose becomes God ..they are identified with Him and by Him ..that was not my case prior to the new birth ..I always sought my own glory which is natural but not spiritual ...Read John again and use the greek logos to replace the word , Word ..In the beginning was the (logos) reason/purpose/identity and the (logos )reason/purpose/identity was with God and the (logos) reason/purpose/identity was God .

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What do you think about these:

He who keeps his commandments remains in him, and he in him. By this we know that he remains in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.
1 John 3:24

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him, and he in God. We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:15-16

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where does the Word and all words of the world, reside in the human body? The brain.
The soul of each human which understands and speaks the Word of God does not reside in the brain, but rather, the spiritual realm.

• Agree
Reactions: NeedyFollower
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The soul of each human which understands and speaks the Word of God does not reside in the brain, but rather, the spiritual realm.
Yes for the carnal man is at enmity with God ..we can not even begin to comprehend even a little bit without the Holy Ghost .

Upvote 0