Montgomery
✟141,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, then you do realize that abiogenesis is not subject to same laws as evolution ? That evolution really doesn't have anything to do with abiogenesis ? Evolution is what living populations do.

Scientists freely admit that they don't know yet how abiogenesis happened.

As for not believing. It is a scientific fact. Just look at that picture. You are free to believe that something looking so much like us with nearly identical DNA to us is not a relative but it does not change the facts.

Ok, then. Were the days in creation story really days or something else ? Did the creation day last 1000 years or billion ? Was the light like the sunlight , or ultraviolet light maybe.

If you decide some of it is allegory then all of it can be. If you decide none of it is then you can't just figure out interpretations that suit your current needs like the case mentioned in other post that rib can be translated as curve that can be translated as DNA or image of God is "immaterial part of humanity"
There is a literal 6 day creation YECs adhere to there is the Gap Theory there is the Day Age Theory progressive creationism and the Framework View. People have different interpretations of Genesis some even believe in Theistic Evolution

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There is a literal 6 day creation YECs adhere to there is the Gap Theory there is the Day Age Theory progressive creationism and the Framework View. People have different interpretations of Genesis some even believe in Theistic Evolution

Yes, but whatever they believe they read the whole thing through with the same mindset.

They are not YECs at day 1 , Age theorist at day 2 and theistic evolutionists at days 3 and 4.

You on the other hand seem to be literal creationist when it comes to creating Adam, then when you switch the image of God it suddenly isn't literal anymore. Now it is a metaphorical allegory. Anything goes.

So there is neither rhyme nor reason how you approach this. You just pick whatever fits your fancy.

Also getting offline so no hurry to think of comeback to that one. Later.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but whatever they believe they read the whole thing through with the same mindset.

They are not YECs at day 1 , Age theorist at day 2 and theistic evolutionists at days 3 and 4.

You on the other hand seem to be literal creationist when it comes to creating Adam, then when you switch the image of God it suddenly isn't literal anymore. Now it is a metaphorical allegory. Anything goes.

So there is neither rhyme nor reason how you approach this. You just pick whatever fits your fancy.

Also getting offline so no hurry to think of comeback to that one. Later.
It is literal. It just doesn't mean what you think it does. And I never told you anything about what I believe about creation. I told you what I don't believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure let's run with that for change of space. His intellect which we probably can agree is vastly inferior to God ? What about man's fears, passions, rage, jealousy, bitterness, hate ?
Yeah the fall caused a lot of problems

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure let's run with that for change of space. His intellect which we probably can agree is vastly inferior to God ? What about man's fears, passions, rage, jealousy, bitterness, hate ?

I was pointing out the vastness of man's intellect compared to chimps. While we may be close in dna to whatever animal, our intellect is what sets us apart. As to your question, God himself displays passion, rage, jealousy and hate. There's mention of God's wrath. He is a jealous God. There are six things that God hates. God hated Esau. God says that we are to fear him.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you arguing with me about my beliefs.
I don't believe in sexual evolution nor do I believe in evolution as science teach.
I do believe in mutation and I believe mutation was caused by unauthorized by God angelic interference/experiments, which continues on today. Now you believe in sexual evolution, you believe in whatever theory of evolution that you choose whether it's pansperia or abiogenesis or any of the other theories, that's your business. I don't care what explanation they give as to how it occurred - for me it's a bunch of mumbo jumbo - just like creation is a bunch of mumbo jumbo to you and those who believe in any theory of evolution or any theory of the big bang, oh and I just added another subject that I'm not willing to talk on.

Well the article says that the evolution of sex was directly observed. And the mutation of these sex genes resulting in the evolution of more and more male and female plants is occurring live under direct observation.

I mean, doesn't really get more clear than that.

Aside from an outright conspiracy theory, what could be your rationale for denying it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So now we are picking and choosing which parts of the genesis are allegorical and which are not ?

"Create" is clearly to create something because it says so no evolution needed however now an "image of God" (from your link) "refers to the immaterial part of humanity." instead of being actual physical likeness because someone says so since otherwise this narrative is bonkers again.

You don't see any little logical fallacies you get from this ?

God is a noncorporeal being. Therefore in the image of God would not mean a corporeal likeness.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, then. Were the days in creation story really days or something else ? Did the creation day last 1000 years or billion ? Was the light like the sunlight , or ultraviolet light maybe.

A thousand years being like a day to God demonstrates that he operates outside of our finite measures of time. Considering that God has unlimited power, six 24 hr days would have been plenty of time. It's more like what took him so long? Or he must have been taking his time.

God himself exudes light known as the Shekinah Glory. When Moses spent time in the presence of God, he too exuded light. He had to wear a veil over his face because his radiance was freaking out the Israelites.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
God is a noncorporeal being. Therefore in the image of God would not mean a corporeal likeness.

Gee, here I thought God could be anything He wanted. Apparently not. Glad you are so well versed in what God is or is not. Few are so accomplished.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
A thousand years being like a day to God demonstrates that he operates outside of our finite measures of time. Considering that God has unlimited power, six 24 hr days would have been plenty of time. It's more like what took him so long? Or he must have been taking his time.

Yes it doesn't make any sense for God to use six days to create stuff that could be done instantly. And the rest part ? Unnecessary of course.

Then you get to have some people to explain it to you why this makes any sense. What makes you think those people get it right ?

Well the rest means that we should rest so this was like an example. Well the time is like this and that so it means that. Well the God is noncorporeal so this means this and that.

God is eternal, unchanging and just when HE gets angry HE obviously kind of gets upset for good reasons and does terrrible things but this is because of this and that.

It goes ad infinitum. You can create just whatever kind of Bible you want and most people do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gee, here I thought God could be anything He wanted. Apparently not. Glad you are so well versed in what God is or is not. Few are so accomplished.

??? Of course an omnipotent noncorporeal being can assume any form. He appeared as a dove. But that doesn't mean God made doves in his image.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes it doesn't make any sense for God to use six days to create stuff that could be done instantly. And the rest part ? Unnecessary of course.

Then you get to have some people to explain it to you why this makes any sense. What makes you think those people get it right ?

Well the rest means that we should rest so this was like an example. Well the time is like this and that so it means that. Well the God is noncorporeal so this means this and that.

God is eternal, unchanging and just when HE gets angry HE obviously kind of gets upset for good reasons and does terrrible things but this is because of this and that.

It goes ad infinitum. You can create just whatever kind of Bible you want and most people do.

There's no way to dictate how long it should have could have or would have taken an omnipotent being to do something. Rest means ceased.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't an interpretation, it was a foregone conclusion.

How can it be a foregone conclusion since you just said in previous post that

There's no way to dictate how long it should have could have or would have taken an omnipotent being to do something.

Even for theological logic this is getting silly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can it be a foregone conclusion since you just said in previous post that

Even for theological logic this is getting silly.

There's no way to dictate how long it should have could have or would have taken an omnipotent being to do something - is a foregone conclusion.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There's no way to dictate how long it should have could have or would have taken an omnipotent being to do something - is a foregone conclusion.

You realize that with an omnipotent being you can say that about everything, but somehow you still think creation story is literal because well basically that's how you like it ?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You realize that with an omnipotent being you can say that about everything, but somehow you still think creation story is literal because well basically that's how you like it ?

I've been providing conclusions regarding certain points that have been brought up.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When God spoke to the earth and said "let the earth bring forth..." He instilled into the very substance of the soil everything required to generate a kind of life that would evolve into what we see today. It is not the dirt in itself, it is the Word of God that was spoken into it.

Isaiah 55
10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It sure seems that you have

Upvote 0