Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will take a chance on giving an answer just because you got me thinking :)
Scripture tells us Adam was made from dust and that Eve was made from his rib. Adam, a man, carried both X and Y chromosomes. God only used the X chromosomes in Adam to create Eve. We have no details on the animals, it could have been the same for them.

I am quite new to this theory where people try and squeeze a anti-God theory to the God narrative. I cannot see how a God that completes what He does...He does not do a partially completed job...never. If He intended to use the contradicting theory of evolution, wouldn't we have read Genesis like this;.."...and on the sixth day God created a toe, and from that Adam evolved over millions of years(as "science" suggests).... it's just not Scripture...maybe i missed something? Can anyone point out evolution from the Bible?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am quite new to this theory where people try and squeeze a anti-God theory to the God narrative. I cannot see how a God that complete what He does...He does not do a partially completed job...never. If He intended to use the contradicting theory of evolution, wouldn't we have read Genesis like this;.."...and on the sixth day God created a toe, and from that Adam evolved over millions of years(as "science" suggests).... it's just not Scripture...maybe i missed something? Can anyone point out evolution from the Bible?

Some verses from Genesis one.
Genesis 1:11-25
11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

20. And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

24. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Questions.
What brought forth these living things?
What brought forth the grass?
What brought forth the creatures in the seas?
What brought forth the living creatures?

Gotta be literal here. No paraphrasing or assuming.
What did God command earth and water to do?

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I am quite new to this theory where people try and squeeze a anti-God theory to the God narrative. I cannot see how a God that completes what He does...He does not do a partially completed job...never. If He intended to use the contradicting theory of evolution, wouldn't we have read Genesis like this;.."...and on the sixth day God created a toe, and from that Adam evolved over millions of years(as "science" suggests).... it's just not Scripture...maybe i missed something? Can anyone point out evolution from the Bible?

I believe even the Christians who acknowledge the possibility of evolution should know man did not evolve.
We don't know what process God used to create anything that he created and it is possible since the majority of life from plants to all animals come from seeds, which God possibly seeded the Earth with for the earth to bring forth the abundance of life that it has and had.
If there is any form of truth to the scientific theory of evolution, it would be concerning plant life, water life, and animals.
The difference between the initial existence of man and all animals is
God called the Earth to bring forth plants, God called the water to bring forth life,
God called the Earth to bring forth animals on the land
God formed man from the dust of the Earth and placed him in the garden. That scripture should inform all Christians man did not evolve.
It is also possible the heidelbergenesis (which is an ancestor that may connect the Neanderthal and homo sapien) or the australopith ( which maybe the ancestor of the homo erectus who is said to be the ancestor of the homo sapien) or whatever ancestor may have existed farther back than either _ science seem to make several different reports on The evolutionary line and always making new findings ...... God may have just changed a bit of genetic traits _ DNA / chromosomes

How science changes their findings
We may now know what our common ancestor with Neanderthals looked like | New Scientist

Humans and Neanderthals Evolved from a Mystery Common Ancestor, Huge Analysis Suggests

What man in primate have in common

The Primates: Humans

However it was done - God did it .....

Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some verses from Genesis one.
Genesis 1:11-25
11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

20. And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

24. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Questions.
What brought forth these living things?
What brought forth the grass?
What brought forth the creatures in the seas?
What brought forth the living creatures?

Gotta be literal here. No paraphrasing or assuming.
What did God command earth and water to do?
Thank you for the quick reply. Ok you helped me see how you think... interesting . Help me understand you better. The process God used to create Adam,...out of dirt He created Adam...in the same way God creates land animals from dirt...(the land brings forth these living creatures...and to land/dust they will return)...in the same way God uses water to bring forth fish and other amphibian creatures....make sure you note God says after each day "it was good".
Are you saying that God used so called "evolution" to evolve life forms in a single day? If yes, fine i agree with you. But the way professors express evolution they put a HUGE timeframe (billions of years) on how we Christians read each creation day and God afirming His creation day by day respectively by saying it was good. Past tense are use when we read "God saw it was good"...a car manufacturer does not put iron ore down and say it was good,...no, but once the car is completely built...one can say "wow, it is good"...just common sense right?. What timeframe does your evolution theory use?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the quick reply. Ok you helped me see how you think... interesting . Help me understand you better. The process God used to create Adam,...out of dirt He created Adam...in the same way God creates land animals from dirt...(the land brings forth these living creatures...and to land/dust they will return)...in the same way God uses water to bring forth fish and other amphibian creatures....make sure you note God says after each day "it was good".
Are you saying that God used so called "evolution" to evolve life forms in a single day? If yes, fine i agree with you. But the way professors express evolution they put a HUGE timeframe (billions of years) on how we Christians read each creation day and God afirming His creation day by day respectively by saying it was good. Past tense are use when we read "God saw it was good"...a car manufacturer does not put iron ore down and say it was good,...no, but once the car is completely built...one can say "wow, it is good"...just common sense right?. What timeframe does your evolution theory use?
Thank you.
Some see the creative week as proclamations, not generations. In other words, God is "calling things that be not as though they were." He spoke the words into the soil and water on that day, and the process began the very moment He spoke. But the process took time. Much like Jesus cursing the fig tree. He said that nobody would eat from that fig tree forever. The tree did not dry up from the roots before their eyes at that moment. It was not until the next day that, when passing, they saw the tree had dried up. Jesus explained that He was using the "God kind of faith" when He spoke. He said that if you believe that the things you say come to pass when you say them, then you will have whatever you say. He applied this same principle to prayer and said that we are to believe we have received what we ask for when we pray, not when we see it come to pass. So when God said "it was good," He could have been simply professing His faith. In His mind and in the mind of faith, those things were there, even though they were not yet seen. He saw them, in faith, and they were good.

Gen chapter two calls this a "day," not days, and describes this creative process as "generations" long.

Genesis 2:4
4. These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Young's Literal Translation uses the word "birthing of the heavens and the earth."
"These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;"

This throws a wrench into the idea that these were single days; rather, they were days that were generations long, and not fully grown and developed on their birthday. It takes a long time to mature and become fully grown.

All these things lend, I think, to a longer period of time of both birthing and generational development.

Isaiah 55:11
11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So God sent His word into the dirt and the water, and that word worked within those substances to generate life.

A portion of A. T. Robertsons book, "“A New Short Grammar of the Greek New Testament.”
2022-09-05_233327.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.
Some see the creative week as proclamations, not generations. In other words, God is "calling things that be not as though they were." He spoke the words into the soil and water on that day, and the process began the very moment He spoke. But the process took time. Much like Jesus cursing the fig tree. He said that nobody would eat from that fig tree forever. The tree did not dry up from the roots before their eyes at that moment. It was not until the next day that, when passing, they saw the tree had dried up. Jesus explained that He was using the "God kind of faith" when He spoke. He said that if you believe that the things you say come to pass when you say them, then you will have whatever you say. He applied this same principle to prayer and said that we are to believe we have received what we ask for when we pray, not when we see it come to pass. So when God said "it was good," He could have been simply professing His faith. In His mind and in the mind of faith, those things were there, even though they were not yet seen. He saw them, in faith, and they were good.

Gen chapter two calls this a "day," not days, and describes this creative process as "generations" long.

Genesis 2:4
4. These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Young's Literal Translation uses the word "birthing of the heavens and the earth."
"These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;"

This throws a wrench into the idea that these were single days; rather, they were days that were generations long, and not fully grown and developed on their birthday. It takes a long time to mature and become fully grown.

All these things lend, I think, to a longer period of time of both birthing and generational development.

Isaiah 55:11
11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So God sent His word into the dirt and the water, and that word worked within those substances to generate life.

A portion of A. T. Robertsons book, "“A New Short Grammar of the Greek New Testament.”
View attachment 320530
I think you are atepping on dangerous grounds by stating "God kind of faith", firstly i do not see anywhere in the Word that God has any kind of faith. He is almighty and when He speaks things happen as cause of almighty power. We humans have faith in different things because we lack the all-knowing knowledge of EVERYTHING. So no, God does not have faith like you and me.
You quote Gen 2, but don't really listen to what your own argument is,...in that we clearly read "day" which the meaning of this word day we get in Gen 1 (there was evening, there was morning, the first day" consequently through 1st day 2nd day etc. For you to come and put your own definitions for "day" i think i very arrogant especially after God Himself defines what a day is.
Now, you mentioned the fig tree. Do you read anywhere that Christ gave a time frame for the fig tree to wither that day He cursed it?...i don't. Who are you to put time frames in the Text where there is none?
Let's take your way of thinking in regards to the fig tree on obeying Jesus' command to wither. This idea that things happen slowly of time could be easily refuted by the other miracles Jesus did where He healed the leper, the blind, the lame..etc. Eyewitnesses saw the very miracle come to pass that very hour when Jesus spoke. You see, your theory is not consistent.
You mention that Gen 2 uses the word "generations" refering to the creation. You must be talking about the King James version, because all the other versions say something totally different yet in the same context of each other...ex. "account, record, birth etc. ...not like you use the word "generations" to justify the un-Godly theory of evolution.

Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you are atepping on dangerous grounds by stating "God kind of faith", firstly i do not see anywhere in the Word that God has any kind of faith. He is almighty and when He speaks things happen as cause of almighty power. We humans have faith in different things because we lack the all-knowing knowledge of EVERYTHING. So no, God does not have faith like you and me.
You quote Gen 2, but don't really listen to what your own argument is,...in that we clearly read "day" which the meaning of this word day we get in Gen 1 (there was evening, there was morning, the first day" consequently through 1st day 2nd day etc. For you to come and put your own definitions for "day" i think i very arrogant especially after God Himself defines what a day is.
Now, you mentioned the fig tree. Do you read anywhere that Christ gave a time frame for the fig tree to wither that day He cursed it?...i don't. Who are you to put time frames in the Text where there is none?
Let's take your way of thinking in regards to the fig tree on obeying Jesus' command to wither. This idea that things happen slowly of time could be easily refuted by the other miracles Jesus did where He healed the leper, the blind, the lame..etc. Eyewitnesses saw the very miracle come to pass that very hour when Jesus spoke. You see, your theory is not consistent.
You mention that Gen 2 uses the word "generations" refering to the creation. You must be talking about the King James version, because all the other versions say something totally different yet in the same context of each other...ex. "account, record, birth etc. ...not like you use the word "generations" to justify the un-Godly theory of evolution.
I just want to add,...or ask you with sincerity. Why do you want to fit evolution into the Word of God? Is it because you are a "scientific" person and believe the professors or "scientists" but you also want to believe in God...and to make sense of it all, you need to compromise either what God says or what "science" says to be true? Because honestly i love science, and my job hangs on science to be reliable. But so called "scientists" contradict their own the Scientific method which claims what is science and what not.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I suspect you've missed the point of the word Yom in Genesis 2:4. Indeed, the word implies that the generations it describes as having occurred, would have occurred within a single 24 hour day, which would thereby demonstrate a contradiction between Genesis 1 which describes creation over 6 days, and Genesis 2 which describes creation over 1 day. Assuming yom is a literal 24 hour day that is.

Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect you've missed the point of the word Yom in Genesis 2:4. Indeed, the word implies that the generations it describes as having occurred, would have occurred within a single 24 hour day, which would thereby demonstrate a contradiction between Genesis 1 which describes creation over 6 days, and Genesis 2 which describes creation over 1 day. Assuming yom is a literal 24 hour day that is.
You are adding "hours" (24hrs) to the Text. You miss the point that all other translations from the same Hebrew (
תּלדה תּולדה
Transliteration: tôledâh)
word translate to "account, or reccords" etc. So clearly you are taking a translation that are taken out of context or you just use the word out of context. Either way (i dont know where you get Yom from), when God says in Gen1 "it was evening, then morning, it was day 1 etc." day 1 was actual 24 hours and called "a day"...so was the rest of the days each a 24hr day as we know it today. I really don't see how you can conclude after Gen 1 defines specifically step by step what God meant when He defined a "day"..(morning to evening = 1 day).. Here you come and NEED to insert your definition of the word Yom and NEED to make it work with what God says...in doing so you call God a liar because His definition of a day is different than yours. So either your or God's is false. I will go with God's definition thanks. Anyways, a generation is defined in Old Testament as 70 years and if you are fortunate 80years. So even if you use "generation" and try to squeeze that into Genesis...you are saying God created everything in 70 to 80 years? Either way it's false

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
day 1 was actual 24 hours and called "a day". Gen 1 defines specifically step by step what God meant when He defined a "day"..(morning to evening = 1 day)

These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
Genesis 2:4 NRSV

The above verse cannot actually mean anything even remotely close to a 24 hour day as a product of the earth spinning. It really couldn't mean any specific quantity of time at all given that if it were a specific quantity of time, it would contradict the 6 days in Genesis 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
Genesis 2:4 NRSV

The above verse cannot actually mean anything even remotely close to a 24 hour day as a product of the earth spinning. It really couldn't mean any specific quantity of time at all given that if it were a specific quantity of time, it would contradict the 6 days in Genesis 1.
" cannot actually mean anything even remotely close to a 24 hrs"...wow. If you cannot see that... "God created....there was morning, there was evening, it was the first day."
" God created....there was morning, there was evening, it was the second day." etc. etc. How on Earth is moring to evening not 12hrs a day !?...+.... it's night another 12hrs when the sun rises=24hrs. This is basic math my son in 1st grade get this. Obviously your missinterpretation of the Hebrew word misleads you. But even so, God defines the word "day" so cleary.
Other translation of the same word (
Original: תּלדה תּולדה
Transliteration: tôledâh )
follows:
Gen 2:4 ISV These are the records of the universe at its creation. On the day that the LORD God made the earth and skies.
Gen 2:4 NET2 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created – when the LORD God made the earth and heavens.
What we can see is tôledâh can mean a few things in Hebrew just like many other Hebrew words could mean different things. Context is key.
The Jews generations were commonly placed at 35 years. Nowhere the Bible specifically defines the word "generation" as God defines the word "day" in Gen 1...morning to evening = a day

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
" cannot actually mean anything even remotely close to a 24 hrs"...wow. If you cannot see that... "God created....there was morning, there was evening, it was the first day."
" God created....there was morning, there was evening, it was the second day." etc. etc. How on Earth is moring to evening not 12hrs a day !?...+.... it's night another 12hrs when the sun rises=24hrs. This is basic math my son in 1st grade get this. Obviously your missinterpretation of the Hebrew word misleads you. But even so, God defines the word "day" so cleary.
Other translation of the same word (
Original: תּלדה תּולדה
Transliteration: tôledâh )
follows:
Gen 2:4 ISV These are the records of the universe at its creation. On the day that the LORD God made the earth and skies.
Gen 2:4 NET2 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created – when the LORD God made the earth and heavens.
What we can see is tôledâh can mean a few things in Hebrew just like many other Hebrew words could mean different things. Context is key.
The Jews generations were commonly placed at 35 years. Nowhere the Bible specifically defines the word "generation" as God defines the word "day" in Gen 1...morning to evening = a day

Genesis 2:4 says "in the day that the Lord God made the Earth and the Heavens". But we know that's not possible given that Genesis 1 suggests that the creative events occurred over the span of 6 days.

Genesis 2:4 Hebrew Text Analysis
בְּהִבָּֽרְאָ֑ם
bə-hib-bā-rə-’ām;
When they were created

בְּי֗וֹם
bə-yō-wm,
in the day
Hebrew Concordance: bə·yō·wm -- 197 Occurrences
Strong's Hebrew: 3117. יוֹם (yom) -- day
3117. yom
Strong's Concordance
yom: day

So either Yom or day doesn't actually mean 24 hours or 12 hours or anything remotely close to either, or you have a contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2.

Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:4 says "in the day that the Lord God made the Earth and the Heavens". But we know that's not possible given that Genesis 1 suggests that the creative events occurred over the span of 6 days.

בְּהִבָּֽרְאָ֑ם
bə-hib-bā-rə-’ām;
When they were created

בְּי֗וֹם
bə-yō-wm,
in the day
3117. yom
Strong's Concordance

So either Yom or day doesn't actually mean 24 hours or 12 hours or anything remotely close to either, or you have a contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2.
There is no contradiction friend, Gen 1:1-5 was all done in the first day. Gen 1:1-5 1 In the beginning God created the HEAVENS and the EARTH. 2 Now the earth was without shape and empty, and darkness was over the surface of the watery deep, but the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water. 3 God said, “Let there be light.” And there was light! 4 God saw that the light was good, so God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” There was evening, and there was morning, marking the first day.
Why are you so desperate to fit more days or less days in what is already defined? Is it only the word "generation" from Gen2:4 that you got entangled?..or do you have another agenda? What is your end goal?...is it so that Christians should accept the anti-God theory of evolution?

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no contradiction friend, Gen 1:1-5 was all done in the first day. Gen 1:1-5 1 In the beginning God created the HEAVENS and the EARTH. 2 Now the earth was without shape and empty, and darkness was over the surface of the watery deep, but the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water. 3 God said, “Let there be light.” And there was light! 4 God saw that the light was good, so God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” There was evening, and there was morning, marking the first day.
Why are you so desperate to fit more days or less days in what is already defined? Is it only the word "generation" from Gen2:4 that you got entangled?..or do you have another agenda? What is your end goal?...is it so that Christians should accept the anti-God theory of evolution?

Yom is used in Genesis 2.

בְּהִבָּֽרְאָ֑ם
bə-hib-bā-rə-’ām;
When they were created

בְּי֗וֹם
bə-yō-wm,
in the day
3117. yom
Strong's Concordance

So either Yom or day doesn't actually mean 24 hours or 12 hours or anything remotely close to either, or you have a contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2 because obviously Genesis 1 unfolds over six days while Genesis 2 unfolds over 2 day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yom is used in Genesis 2.

בְּהִבָּֽרְאָ֑ם
bə-hib-bā-rə-’ām;
When they were created

בְּי֗וֹם
bə-yō-wm,
in the day
3117. yom
Strong's Concordance

So either Yom or day doesn't actually mean 24 hours or 12 hours or anything remotely close to either, or you have a contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2 because obviously Genesis 1 unfolds over six days while Genesis 2 unfolds over 2 day.
Here is your error, yes sure...Yom means day in Gen2...it simply says the heavens and the earth was made on that day. When look at Gen 1:1 we see God made the heavens and the earth within the first day (Yom if you will). No contradiction. We know that the earth was on day 1 without shape and it was empty...no plants or animals...no mountains etc.
Do you not understand that Gen 2:4 only claims the heaven and earth was made, it give no indication of anythings else. We see that after the first "Yom", God starts filling His canvases (heaven and earth) with things. You see my friend, there are no contradictions in the Word,...it come down to a lack of understanding i always have to remind myself too.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is your error, yes sure...Yom means day in Gen2...it simply says the heavens and the earth was made on that day. When look at Gen 1:1 we see God made the heavens and the earth within the first day (Yom if you will). No contradiction. We know that the earth was on day 1 without shape and it was empty...no plants or animals...no mountains etc.
Do you not understand that Gen 2:4 only claims the heaven and earth was made, it give no indication of anythings else. We see that after the first "Yom", God starts filling His canvases (heaven and earth) with things. You see my friend, there are no contradictions in the Word,...it come down to a lack of understanding i always have to remind myself too.

Here is your error, it says:
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, when no plant of the field was yet in the earth and no herb of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was no one to till the ground;but a stream would rise from the earth, and water the whole face of the ground— then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.
Genesis 2:4‭-‬7 NRSV

And so you see, the story, is describing the events that follow in chapter 2. The generations of the heavens and earth and day in which Adam and Eve were created.

And so yes, the contradiction with your view remains.

Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created. In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, when no plant of the field was yet in the earth and no herb of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was no one to till the ground;but a stream would rise from the earth, and water the whole face of the ground— then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.

And so you see, the story, is describing the events that follow in chapter 2. The generations of the heavens and earth and day in which Adam and Eve were created.

i don't mind acknowledging when i make errors, but this my friend is your error. You should substitute the english word "generations" with records, or account as this is what is meant. Not generations otherwise you have a bigger problem,..as i mentioned before the Jews commonly conclude a generation to be 35 years. So if you want to squeeze generations (plural) into Gen 1:1-5 (the first day) you are looking at at least 70 years...which i don't think you thought well about. Also Gen 2:4 specifically refers to DAY 1 "Yom" when (the accounts of) God made heaven and earth. NOTHING is said about God saying or planting anything on earth to spring up...NOTHING!. Grass and trees only comes onto the scene at day 3....,how you try to squeeze the 3rd day into the 1st day is quite silly to be honest. You still didn't answer me, what are you trying to prove here with your theory? I get you are ripping all the days out of context and try to squeeze em into day 1....but why?...what are you trying to accomplish?

Upvote 0

SavedWretch

Sep 5, 2022
Neuhalbstadt
✟8,462.00
Country
Paraguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have to say: Gen2:4 is ONLY refering to Gen 1:1-5..which was day 1, where God created the unformed empty earth and empty heavens, and then made light, seperating day from darkness night. THAT IS IT FOR DAY 1 !
And Gen2:5-6 refers ONLY to Gen 1:7-19 which were days 2, 3 and 4....forming the mountains, seas,rivers etc....and only after the forming of landscapes and seas did grass and trees appear on dry land (logically as they don't grow under water).
And Gen2:7-25 ONLY refers to Gen 1:20-31 which were days 5 and 6. On day 5 God only made creatures of the seas and the sky. On day 6 God only made land animals and later that same day humans.
Good luck squeezing all these said things and days into a single day....it CANNOT be done because God's Word already defined each day and it's events specifically.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to say: Gen2:4 is ONLY refering to Gen 1:1-5..which was day 1, where God created the unformed empty earth and empty heavens, and then made light, seperating day from darkness night. THAT IS IT FOR DAY 1 !
And Gen2:5-6 refers ONLY to Gen 1:7-19 which were days 2, 3 and 4....forming the mountains, seas,rivers etc....and only after the forming of landscapes and seas did grass and trees appear on dry land (logically as they don't grow under water).
And Gen2:7-25 ONLY refers to Gen 1:20-31 which were days 5 and 6. On day 5 God only made creatures of the seas and the sky. On day 6 God only made land animals and later that same day humans.
Good luck squeezing all these said things and days into a single day....it CANNOT be done because God's Word already defined each day and it's events specifically.

You're incorrect again, Gen 2:4 is referring to the details encompassed in Genesis 2, not of Gen 1:1-5, when it refers to "in the day".

Upvote 0