Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, but when used on a space capsule, I'm sure Gus Grissom, Roger Chaffee, and Ed White would have appreciated an exception.

That problem was caused by introducing a full oxygen atmosphere into the capsule, not because of the way the hatch was hinged.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That problem was caused by introducing a full oxygen atmosphere into the capsule, not because of the way the hatch was hinged.
Why did NASA change it then?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rectifying an engineer's (not a scientist's) mistake. Scientists know better.
Well if scientists and engineers co-labor at NASA, I'd say the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Wouldn't you?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
WaPo is still winning.

"Assuming the 500 mph, mile-long flight above the Mojave Desert does not kill him, Hughes told the Associated Press, his journey into the atmosflat will mark the first phase of his ambitious flat-Earth space program."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well, it's clearly a huge publicity stunt, so he's no doubt counting on a lot of dummies out there to sign up for his PPV event... even if nothing happens.

Since I'm convinced this is primarily a ploy for attention, I'll stop updating unless he actually verifiably launches himself.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hughes is a 61-year-old limo driver who’s spent the last few years building a steam-powered rocket out of salvage parts in his garage.

His first test of the rocket will also be the launch date — Saturday , when he straps into his homemade contraption and attempts to hurtle over the ghost town of Amboy, California. He will travel about a mile at a speed of roughly 500 mph.

“I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”

If he gets in that contraption and fires it off, I wish him the best of luck.

Perhaps in a thrilling moment his consciousness might be unblocked some and he could have an epiphany. I wish him luck also.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0