Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know both he and Le Pen were planning on increasing the police force significantly. Beyond that, I'm not really sure. I was listening to the debate, but my French comprehension isn't quite good enough to understand adults screaming over each other like 5 year olds.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let's just throw this out...how did he win by landslide when he didn't win outright and needed a run off?

The French election system always has a run off.

The first race was split four ways. When it was a question between the two of them he won in a land slide as he was the most popular second choice from the two candidates that did not appear on the final ballot.

Each of those two men got around 20% of the vote and La Pen Got 21% Where Macron had 24%.

La Pen got about 1,000,000 more votes in the first round this time than she did in the last election.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Europeans, both here and abroad being somehow wrong for wanting to keep their heritage and culture doesn't make sense to me. Why is that wrong?
We keep our heritage and culture, but that has nothing to do with anything.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Nobody in France is pretending that nothing's happening.

I crossed the Spanish border last fall and they definitely stopped the bus and checked everyone's passports to see where you'd been recently. There's been a declared State of Emergency there for the past year and a half.
Just wait for those who will tell you that just because you've lived (currently live?) in Europe and have visited the country, or even if you live in the country in question, you'll still be told that you're ignorant of what's really going on. I saw a Swedish person on these forums being told that s/he didn't know the truth of the situation in Sweden. Those YouTube videos are far more authoritative than a real human being's experience.

Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just wait for those who will tell you that just because you've lived (currently live?) in Europe and have visited the country, or even if you live in the country in question, you'll still be told that you're ignorant of what's really going on. I saw a Swedish person on these forums being told that s/he didn't know the truth of the situation in Sweden. Those YouTube videos are far more authoritative than a real human being's experience.

Haha, that goes both ways! I had a host father in Spain inform me that the police were just shooting Mexicans who tried to cross the border into the U.S. Conflating a couple separate issues there, but what do I know!

• Agree
Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums