Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sorry about the title

"When an unclean spirit comes out of a person, it roams through waterless places looking for rest but doesn’t find any. 44 Then it says, ‘I’ll go back to my house that I came from.’ Returning, it finds the house vacant, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and settle down there. As a result, that person’s last condition is worse than the first. That’s how it will also be with this evil generation.” Matt 12

what does vacant, swept, & put in order mean in this Scripture?

Reactions: Unqualified

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry about the title

"When an unclean spirit comes out of a person, it roams through waterless places looking for rest but doesn’t find any. 44 Then it says, ‘I’ll go back to my house that I came from.’ Returning, it finds the house vacant, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and settle down there. As a result, that person’s last condition is worse than the first. That’s how it will also be with this evil generation.” Matt 12

Blessings in Christ Jesus tturt. A demon can be cast out of anyone, but it is wiser to bring the person to The Lord at that time as then The Holy Spirit enters in(that house) and remains. That is what remains when unclean spirits are cast out.

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry about the title

It's in John 14

John 14:22-24
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.../KJV

v23...for he who keeps the Lords words. That means who follows Him through His Bible and does what it says. (But most people wont read it.) But for those who do, the Father and the Son will come and make their abode with you, Then you will not be vacant!

Being swept out and in order means being forgiven by the Lord. Then we are charged with seeking Him through His word. Obediance is rewarded both here on earth and in the world to come.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
v22 He will manifest Himself to us. But no one can see Him for He is within you. He is with me right now. I can feel Him within me.

And if God is with us, who can stand against us? Seven spirits? Lol! Not. They wont even be able to get in.

Remember Peter! He didn't start sinking in the water until he took his eyes off of Jesus.

• Winner
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

(Hows I sees it :blush: ... )

Vacant = Without the evil spirit but also without Christ.
Swept and put in order = Since this man's house was vacant, he did these things in his own strength.

It goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and settle down there =
Without Christ, there is no power in and of ourselves to maintain cleanliness and order.

• Winner
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sorry about the title

@tturt
I am wondering if you have read Jonathan Cahn's book "Return of the Gods"?

And then, Perry Stone did a show recently discussing territorial spirits ...

Basically, both these men are discussing how evil spirits will 'move in' ...
when God is 'removed' (rejected) from within a society, when nations are conquered, when new leaders takeover a country, etc.

... Very interesting stuff.
I had never thought of the movement of spirits in this way.

Cahn specifically discusses the rise of paganism in America.
I've ordered his book, to read more about what he is spiritually seeing in America at this time.

But these discussions reminded me of this thread of yours ...

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Will definitely check out these resouces. Thanks.

Jonathan Cahn did an interview on TBN about his book ("Return of the Gods").
Without reading the book, alot can be gleaned from just listening to the interview.

These are surely interesting times we are living in!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those are interesting. You know, it's grave. Agree with PS that it's really not about the political parties. Read JC's "Harbinger"and his books are alarming to see the events from that perspective.

Some don't believe there's an enemy. However, Scripture includes "...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." (II Cor 4:4). "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph 6:12)

On an individual basis, know several ministers who have witnessed for decades. They say it's like hitting a brick wall today compared to earlier times. Of course, not speaking for everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Jesus was talking about an unbeliever being delivered from demonic possession. Everything was removed that was afflicting the person spiritually. The problem associated with that, was how this person was possessed even stronger later on,..... the reason being that The Holy Spirit was not there,... ie the person was never saved and then filled with The Holy Spirit.

This is why the gospel must be preached and people are to be saved,.... not just healed of demonic possession. We are not commissioned by Jesus to go around delivering people just for the sake of doing that.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those are interesting. You know, it's grave. Agree with PS that it's really not about the political parties. Read JC's "Harbinger"and his books are alarming to see the events from that perspective.

Yes, it's not about political parties. I agree.
We are in a huge spiritual battle ...

So my copy of "Return of The Gods" arrived Friday.
I spent much of the weekend reading it. Finished it last nite.
Really, I could not put it down.

Numerous times in the book, J.C. refers to the Scripture verse that you opened this thread with ...

This was my first J.C. book to read, so I did not know what to expect.
My, oh my. I could 'see' the things he was explaining. He explained things very well.
For those who want 'to know' of these things, I can highly recommend the book.
But, like so much of life today, it's not reading for the faint of heart.
I personally find it hard, sometimes, to grasp what is happening in America ... the world ...
but I would still rather know, and understand, than to not ...

• Agree
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some don't believe there's an enemy. However, Scripture includes "...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." (II Cor 4:4). "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph 6:12)

On an individual basis, know several ministers who have witnessed for decades. They say it's like hitting a brick wall today compared to earlier times. Of course, not speaking for everyone.

Yes, we are living in very different times now ... but the enemy remains the same as the Bible says.

That is something else that became apparent to me when reading "Return of The Gods".
When looking back and learning about paganism, and looking at what we see happening today ...
I found myself thinking: "and there is nothing new under the sun".

... and felt some 'consolation' in realizing that.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Falling to a religion that is blind.

When people pick up religion, they put themselves in order, ask for forgiveness of sins and try their best not to do them, they quit drinking, they quit drugs, settle their affairs, fix relationships, etc.

Then the demons come back and brought more with it that is worse.

What makes these new demons worse is this time, the afflicted won't even know they have come back. Their church won't even know either. These demons can't be cast out either because they simply don't know, they can't see, and have no power.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I understood your post - Granted that some are more difficult than others. They have to be willing to let them go.
"When an unclean spirit comes out of a person..." means they can be. Also, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. " (Mark 16). Also, their church may know but not approach them The individual may not know initially but definitely later they will know.

Derek Prince, who was a Greek scholar, said that Scripture shouldn't state possessed. It leads to misunderstanding imo.

Think the leading of the Holy Spirit is vital for deliverance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I thought this was interesting, and encouraging:

The National Gathering for Prayer and Repentance took place in Washington, DC on January 31, 2024.
Christian and government leaders gathered at the Museum of the Bible to pray for the nation and ask God to forgive us of our sins.

Jonathan Cahn was invited and specifically asked to address the gathering on the subject of his book "The Return of the Gods".
Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council, introduced Cahn and his book.
All the participants at this gathering were given a copy of it.

I was encouraged to hear Tony Perkins publicly address the subject of spiritual warfare.
And then, Jonathan Cahn spoke ...

If interested, the video is short (10 mins).

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even though John Paul Jackson didn't include these Scriptures from Matt 12 (that I remember), in essence that's what the "Perfect Storm" is concerning with religion, politics, economics, war, & geo-physical events - that's the way it seems to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0