Lytton breaks Canada's hottest temperature 3 days in a row.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟272,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I posted the forecast for Lytton because that's the place we've been talking about.

I'm sorry to hear that you have family there. I can see how that would affect you. Do you live in that area also?

No thankfully, he had just arrived there for work, were not talking about lytton though, were talking about ALL of BC. I said 2 months of terror because there isn't going to be anything to bring back the grass and stuff destroyed by the heat dome. It was only 3 days but mussels as another topic showed boiled, fruit boiled. The damage is permanite, and the little that can be saved by moisture isn't coming any time soon. This is a repeat of 2018 or so when 1 million hectres was lost in forest fires, already 90k hecters in just a few weeks have been lost. Multiple evacuations, thankfully as far as I can tell lytton was the only place lost, but another city had a fire within spitting distance of homes before they were saved.

The heat dome is over, but the damage it did isn't going away for months, and that damage will cause more damage.

Looking out around town much of the grass is about as brown as it can get early august and that was mid late June. We haven't had rain in weeks. I'm on the coast so hopefully a bit safer, but my town also only has boats to get out, might be able to drive north and south of town for a ways to avoid a fire, but were landlocked with no way out if the entire coast went up in flames.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟260,721.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Another fire behind my sisters house this time, it's under control it seems, both in vernon. BC has already gone through 70% of it's annual fire budget already.

Stay safe. Don't take risks. Keep your family pictures and other things that you can't replace boxed and ready to go.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟663,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stay safe. Don't take risks. Keep your family pictures and other things that you can't replace boxed and ready to go.

And if you have a well, keep a garden hose hooked up outside in case any fires flare up nearby.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟272,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And if you have a well, keep a garden hose hooked up outside in case any fires flare up nearby.

Not sure how much that's going to help, all these fires are out of control in moments...remember something called a heat dome dried most of the grass in these areas.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct; and when we analyze trends; upward and downward spikes are averaged into the trend. If you look toward the very end of the chart; you will see what appears to be the beginning of a downward trend. We might infer that we have passed the peak of this cycle; and that we are indeed trending toward another ice age. Regardless of whether or not this is the case; this cycle has not reached the levels of tempurature attained in past cycles, where anthropogenic CO2 was not a considerable factor. In addition, as correlation between atmospheric CO2 levels, and global temperatures has become unhinged at the end of the chart; this would again indicate that atmospheric CO2 levels is the dependent factor in this correlation.
Reading your post, I think you'll find this interesting:

Temperature Change and Carbon Dioxide Change | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well now parts of BC are under heat warnings of 33-38*C not counting humidity, multiple parts are being evacuated due to fires, now currently over 300 fires threatening communities. like I said this is just the start.
In 2020 Northern Siberia had unusually intense heat, which went on and on, and provoked a lot of fire also.

For this year, 2021, here is the June temperature anomaly -- difference compared to average for the time of year -- for last month as a whole:

map_1month_anomaly_Global_ea_2t_202106_1991-2020_v02.png

(via Copernicus)

Next, on this link (next) you can see the global map of temperature anomaly for right now, if you choose the "2m Temp anomaly": Climate Reanalyzer

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟272,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In 2020 Northern Siberia had unusually intense heat, which went on and on, and provoked a lot of fire also.

For this year, 2021, here is the June temperature anomaly -- difference compared to average for the time of year -- for last month as a whole:

map_1month_anomaly_Global_ea_2t_202106_1991-2020_v02.png

(via Copernicus)

Next, on this link (next) you can see the global map of temperature anomaly for right now, if you choose the "2m Temp anomaly": Climate Reanalyzer

yeah and a few years ago it was Australia, this is just going to continue to get worse.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah and a few years ago it was Australia, this is just going to continue to get worse.
Yeah, it does look to be a strong trend that will continue to progress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if this will break the records from a few years ago where like 1.5 hectares of forest burnt each year. Already up to 150k.
2020 set quite a few records globally in large regions:
The Climate Connections of a Record Fire Year in the U.S. West – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

I read the dry conditions in the American west are very serious, so we could see serious amount of fire this year if there isn't much rain in the coming months.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟497,636.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Just join team human extinction, then it will continue to get better.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟272,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well there has been pretty much nonstop evacuations of various areas around BC as fires get out of control, I'm sure some have gone back once the dangers have passed, but it's kinda scary in the interior.

One of the dumbest things is there is some idiots out there boating and hanging out in the water where the bombers are trying to fill up saying, "It's our summer and we should be able to stay here."

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0