• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lyme Disease Misdiagnosed as Fibromyalgia

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think CBD is technically illegal anywhere in the US anymore than any other hemp product, but I am no lawyer. I used to obtain it off the internet years ago, but now it's easy to get at dispensaries or health food stores without a doctor's perscription. My S.O. takes it for epilepsy, and I used to use it for fibromyalgia.

Since it is just an herb and doesn't contain THC, I doubt you would need a doctor's perscription.

I'm not sure how a less humid state would affect fibromyalgia. It sounds like a bunch of nonsense and not worth the move.

I also used to go to a doctor of Chinese medicine, she would do acupuncture and make up preparations of herbs. She actually spent far more time with me than a regular doctor would, asking me questions, looking at my tongue, and giving me some advice on my lifestyle and what to eat, etc. And it wasn't that expensive, either, and I feel like it did some good.

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

SusaninBC

Nov 6, 2019
British Columbia
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I contracted Lyme in Texas in 1979, and the bullseye rash was misdiagnosed as a spider bite. I was finally formally diagnosed with Lyme in 2013, when I had a complete physical crash and was sleeping 18 hrs/day and couldn't walk without assistance. It's a nightmare, and you keep having to change your treatment protocol to fit the constantly changing symptoms, but the one thing that has helped me the most so far has been a strict ketogenic diet. Starving those little spirochetes of the sugar they need to thrive has made a massive difference to my joint pain and overall health.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
right after the first of the year I had flu like symptoms so I got a Covid test. tested negative and then a few days later got incredible pain in my back. So bad I couldnt sleep for a few weeks. Numerous trips to the ER and theyd drug me up until the pain was manageable then send me home.

About a week after the back pain started I began getting numbness in my face, feet and fingers. A few people told me to get tested for Lyme disease, but Docs couldnt test me because 'you cant get it in the winter" and "if you dont get the bulls eye rash you dont have it."

Ended up being in hospital for 7 days, they still wouldnt test me for Lyme. One neurologist said the numbness was from hyperventilating. There was some disagreement over whether or not I had Guillian Barre syndrome.

Released me and finally the pain subsided. Went to family doc and told him I wanted Lyme test even if insurance wouldnt pay. Was still having numbness and using a walker. Lyme disease came back positive for acute infection. Getting better but still have some numbness...doc says facial paralysis may linger for 6 months.

Im not bitter but it's incredible to me how little 4-5 doctors knew about Lyme. A simple Google search on mayo.com or other reputable sources debunked everything they told me.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't think CBD is technically illegal anywhere in the US anymore than any other hemp product, but I am no lawyer. I used to obtain it off the internet years ago, but now it's easy to get at dispensaries or health food stores without a doctor's perscription. My S.O. takes it for epilepsy, and I used to use it for fibromyalgia.

Since it is just an herb and doesn't contain THC, I doubt you would need a doctor's perscription.

I'm not sure how a less humid state would affect fibromyalgia. It sounds like a bunch of nonsense and not worth the move.

I also used to go to a doctor of Chinese medicine, she would do acupuncture and make up preparations of herbs. She actually spent far more time with me than a regular doctor would, asking me questions, looking at my tongue, and giving me some advice on my lifestyle and what to eat, etc. And it wasn't that expensive, either, and I feel like it did some good.

CBD is illegal under federal law, which makes possession, using, transporting, selling, giving, smuggling and the like illegal in all 50 states and and our five overseas territories and people arrested, convicted and sent time in federal prison every year because of it The state laws, I believe, are unconstitutional, and sooner, or later the Supreme Court will weigh in on the issue either upholding federal law, or tossing it.

Just know that you could get into a lot of trouble using pot for fun...it's not worth it to me, if I need to alter my mental status, I will splurge for a pint of Ben & Jerry's, or go on a long ride on my motorcycle.

Upvote 0