Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Care to address the issue of men being forced to pay child support for a child they don't want? Double standard no?

I don't think that's right. If a father wants to terminate all parental rights, he should have that option. But that means no visitation, parenting decisions, etc.

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that's right. If a father wants to terminate all parental rights, he should have that option. But that means no visitation, parenting decisions, etc.

What about men who want to be fathers, but the woman would rather abort?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Which is the largest of all of the synods, even though I'm the minority here.

you know that big doesn't mean right, so why do you even bother throwing this argument out there? The ELCA just happens to be the loudest as well, making the rest of us scramble to re-educate everyone else on what Lutherans actually believe. As you are in the minority here, I'm sure you don't want to open that can of worms yet again, right?

I agree with those who say that pro-choice Christian is an oxymoron, a contradiction. We have evidence, clear cut and precise, that there is life within the womb, presented to us in the bible, much like we have evidence that God didn't like homosexuality. There are just too many people that choose to ignore that part of the bible.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BabyChristian22 said:
It doesn't surprise me that the problem of abortion would come up in a thread about homosexual behavior since they are both extreme forms of contraception.

Contraception exists for heterosexual couples who want to minimize the chances that the woman could become pregnant as a result of sexual intercourse. Are you suggesting that heterosexuals are engaging in homosexual activity as a form of contraception?

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Contraception exists for heterosexual couples who want to minimize the chances that the woman could become pregnant as a result of sexual intercourse. Are you suggesting that heterosexuals are engaging in homosexual activity as a form of contraception?

He is saying that abortion is used as birth control and is extreme. Homosexual couples can not get pregnant naturally. Both are extreme measures of birth control.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
QuiltAngel said:
He is saying that abortion is used as birth control and is extreme. Homosexual couples can not get pregnant naturally. Both are extreme measures of birth control.

I understand what he's saying about abortion being an extreme method of birth control. What's confusing to me is how engaging in homosexual sex is an extreme form of birth control because pregnancy is not going to be a result of same-gender sex. Unless he is saying that heterosexuals are engaging in same-gender sex to eliminate the possibility of getting pregnant, his second statement doesn't make any sense. And if that is what he's saying, then you're not dealing with heterosexuals, but Bi-sexuals.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd think you guys would be all for homosexual relationships because they can't have abortions...perhaps not so much. Believe what you want

No one thinks that God's plan for some "people" is abortion? Perhaps some were never meant to be born. If they were meant to be born, they would be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'd think you guys would be all for homosexual relationships because they can't have abortions...perhaps not so much. Believe what you want

No one thinks that God's plan for some "people" is abortion? Perhaps some were never meant to be born. If they were meant to be born, they would be.

Babies are usually called a "gift from God."

Upvote 0

alexnbethmom

Lutheran Chick
Aug 4, 2010
New Jersey
✟16,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

no, we do NOT think that God's plan for some people (and i love how you put that in quotes, btw... </sarcasm> ) is abortion - God does not plan for the murder of babies.....that is not GOD'S will, that is SELFISH HUMANS' will......

Upvote 0

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

This statement proves that liberals will say just about anything to justify their sin. The Bible speaks clearly and plainly about the shedding of innocent blood. Perhaps some of these folks need to actually read a Bible. It is painfully obviously that many of them haven't.

This is truly sad. I will pray for your soul, Lux. May the Holy Spirit lead you to the knowledge of all truth, and to repentance which leads to forgiveness and life.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, they really aren't. I am aligned doctrinally with my denomination. Sorry yours has different views.

Everything and everyone is doctrinally aligned with your synod Lux. The ELCA as a whole teaches nothing, condones nothing and opposes even less.

I'm doctrinally aligned with your synod. Rev is doctrinally aligned with your synod. Now by practice we arn't. But the ELCA takes no position on anything of controversy. So its hard to not be aligned with the ELCA.

Upvote 0
M

MDIVGRAD

Never before have I seen such a cavalier attitude about these things. Just because we disagree with you about these issues where you see a matter of free will. You refuse to see that homosexuality is a sin and your posts verify that fact.

And this comment about Abortion just shows your disdain for life and God's creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

When have Confessional Lutherans been for anything involving same-gender sexual relations? We believe God's written word, not what we want. No, nobody thinks that abortion is God's plan for some people. God's desire is that all people be saved. How is that possible if people are being aborted before they're born?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Everything and everyone is doctrinally aligned with your synod Lux. The ELCA as a whole teaches nothing, condones nothing and opposes even less.

I'm doctrinally aligned with your synod. Rev is doctrinally aligned with your synod. Now by practice we arn't. But the ELCA takes no position on anything of controversy. So its hard to not be aligned with the ELCA.

I'm confused. If the ELCA teaches nothing, condones nothing and opposes even less than nothing, how can people like you and DaRev be doctrinally aligned with them? Confessional Lutherans are aligned with Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions, since the ELCA teaches nothing, then there is nothing to be aligned with. The ELCA from what you've been saying sounds like it's a free-for-all sin fest, basically. Confessional Lutherans, at least in my experience, are VERY opposed to that.

Upvote 0

jonathan1971

Guy Extraordinaire
Feb 11, 2007
Southern Oregon
✟7,966.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And this is the kind of people that ELCA gives communion too. And according to CF ELCA is a Christian denomination. :confused:

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And this is the kind of people that ELCA gives communion too. And according to CF ELCA is a Christian denomination. :confused:

On CF everyone is a Christian regardless of what they believe or practice, unless they're Atheists or Agnostics. I remember getting in trouble for telling a person who claimed they were a Christian that they weren't a Christian after they denied Jesus died for their sins, denied He is the Son of God and denied He rose from the dead. :doh:

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

The reason I'm not for homosexual relationships is because it is contrary to the nature of the way our bodies were made. And since God made us, it makes sense the he wouldn't want us using our bodies for a purpose contrary to His plan for us. God created the first marriage which was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. And Jesus (God in the flesh) reaffirmed that marriage = Adam and Eve when he was asked about marriage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.